UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anybody got a pic of bearded Thor?

MINI_MYTE

I have been wondering the same thing, It is pretty frustrating for me not to see a ton of pics/chatter for this wave like the other waves when they are released. Maybe moreso since Thor has been my biggest "want" since I started collecting Marvel mates. Oh well, Wednesday cannot get here fast enough I guess :sad:

Ona a side note, I am wondering if I will get a "well I got him, now what do I do" kind of feeling, especially since my favorite D.C. mate, Hawkman, should be here next week.

I would post 'em if I had them, I pre-ordered from cornerstorecomics, and I'm still waiting for them.

I emailed them last Wednesday and they said they had them, and would be shipping them "hopefully" the next day.

Well, its Sunday and they still haven't even charged my card yet! :whistling: I hope to have them soon though, they are usually pretty good about quick shipping and stuff...thats why I order from them!

So I have no choice either but to wait for others to post pics too.

it's so odd that they've dubbed him "Bearded Thor"...

were they so afraid that people wouldn't remember his name was "Eric Masterson"? or even "Thor 2" would have been fine, since he's the aborted Legacy Thor that later became Thunderstrike.

ah well.

Ona a side note, I am wondering if I will get a "well I got him, now what do I do" kind of feeling, especially since my favorite D.C. mate, Hawkman, should be here next week.

Nervous, I kinda feel the same way about Abomination. I think just about everyone here knows I have been pining for an Abomination minimate for years. Now that he is a definite, I need a new "whining project".

I think it will be...RED SKULL

C'mon DST, make it happen.

Ah, but which Red Skull? Funky green jumpsuit Skull? Military-officer Skull? Business suit Skull? Depending on which gets made, you could have a character to whine about for years.

Ah, but which Red Skull? Funky green jumpsuit Skull? Military-officer Skull? Business suit Skull? Depending on which gets made, you could have a character to whine about for years.

Very true! But then again, the same thing could (almost) be said about abomination. The first version of Abomination is different from modern art interpretations.

At least with Red Skull, I can play dress up! :P

it's so odd that they've dubbed him "Bearded Thor"...

were they so afraid that people wouldn't remember his name was "Eric Masterson"?

ah well.

Is that who hes supose to be? I thought he was Thor after his battle with Hela during Simonsons run left his face scarred...

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me and the original poster whos Variant Bearded Thor doesnt really have the same qualities as the pictured Thor on the cover of the box?

For example, the picture on the box shows Thor body armor shows the sides of his skin, but the figure only has the regular armor but blue tinted shade? Also his wrists bands in the photo show a red strip in the middle of the black.

Another thing I've noticed is that Loki doesnt have the green fabric on the sides of his face on the head block.

Oh btw im new here.

Hi Everyone!

Is it just me and the original poster whos Variant Bearded Thor doesnt really have the same qualities as the pictured Thor on the cover of the box?

For example, the picture on the box shows Thor body armor shows the sides of his skin, but the figure only has the regular armor but blue tinted shade? Also his wrists bands in the photo show a red strip in the middle of the black.

Another thing I've noticed is that Loki doesnt have the green fabric on the sides of his face on the head block.

Oh btw im new here.

Hi Everyone!

Hello.

Yeah, it seems like they made a few changes before the finals were produced. I don't miss the Loki paint apps, but the skin on the variant Thor would have been nice. Just something else to make him different from the regular release.

Nervous, I kinda feel the same way about Abomination. I think just about everyone here knows I have been pining for an Abomination minimate for years. Now that he is a definite, I need a new "whining project".

I've got the same feeling after knowing Abomination and Mysterio getting made.

I can't believe we still haven't had a Red Skull and of course the rest of the Sinister Six! :D

Hmm, looks like they really went all out for the prototype, but the actual figure they dropped several paint apps. Understandable, but interesting none the less.

Looks to me like the wrists are worse on the final, but the chest is better.