UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate PHOTO HUNT General Tomfoolery Thread

TBT!

AAAHhhh... I see now why Luke won. it was his answer for #24!!! if I had known that...

It's easy to see why the judging was so hard.

I hope these two comments are unrelated! :biggrin: :blink:

And yes Lukes #24 was a judges favourite! So much so that I think one of the judges didn't look at lukes 25-30 pictures he just sat there in a daze! :P

T.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAHhhh... I see now why Luke won. it was his answer for #24!!! if I had known that...

I was thinkin' the same thing... O.o

Anyway, for the record, I'd still love a "judge's favorites" thread... Just because I'm curious which of my pictures would show up in there... and it makes seeing the best of everyone elses' easier. :D

I was thinkin' the same thing... O.o

Anyway, for the record, I'd still love a "judge's favorites" thread... Just because I'm curious which of my pictures would show up in there... and it makes seeing the best of everyone elses' easier. :D

We can do that, prob tomorrow though...

T.

See, I was going to go the same route Luke did for #24, but couldn't find the right set to go with the little guy. And did I read the directions correctly or weren't we supposed to dress like pimps with our minimates? Either way, a lot of great entries there, and its easy to understand why the judges took so long picking the winners. Its amazing how a lot of people would interpret a picture one way, yet someone would come up with something different and would still be correct. For instance, a lot of people had their minimate fly in the air for the defying gravity one, while one guy had it levitating an apple.

And did I read the directions correctly or weren't we supposed to dress like pimps with our minimates?

The pimp line was this:

4. Picture of you and or your minimate dressed as pimps.

Notice the "and or" - I interpreted that meant that I or my Minimate could be dressed like pimps. Which is good, because I had nothing to wear after giving all my pimp outfits to Goodwill when my prostitution trial was over.

Oh, and boobs can win everything. Every year, Miss America always has a set of breasts - coincidence?

Simply amazing everyone!

Luke: :woot: You deserve to win just for that man.

TBT: My father would never stop on road trips. Years of sitting in my own filth and urine have turned me into the "are we there yet?" kid. It's not a burden I take lightly. Sometimes, the speed of the world falls in my smelly, smelly lap.

Wow, I just looked at all the entries, that was really cool.

Thanks to everyone for letting me get in and have a blast with this, and thanks to the judges for all their hard work. Congrats Luke, and all other winners.

My wife now says she would have done a luke #24 to be the winner, oh well, better late than never, see ya later (wink).

So almost 30 people at 30 pictures each. Did anyone NOT get all 30?

About half of em.

There were a lot of people that were close and only a few away though.

BTW what happened that turned you into the 'are we there yet?' kid :P

T.

He realized it was an easy way to bump up his post count? :biggrin:

Cept we don't have post counters any more. Haha!

I'm looking through these, and they're awesome. Gilbob, yours are awesome because I'm in love with your minimate, and her costume variations are amazing. Ivan, I think you could have won had you gotten all 30. Your photography skills are astounding. Dgrnrbrn, was your turtle trying to eat your minimate?

If Luke didn't have picture #24, would he have still won? Interesting question. Hmmm....

If Luke didn't have picture #24, would he have still won? Interesting question. Hmmm....

Yes.

I thought about that as I was deciding as I knew people would question if he only won because of #24

(I bet you're all thinking 'damn why didn't I think of that' though?) It wasn't #24 being very cheeky that gave him the win, his pictures were the most consistently entertaining and well put together as far as I (and the other judges) were concerned.

T.

Yes.

I thought about that as I was deciding as I knew people would question if he only won because of #24

(I bet you're all thinking 'damn why didn't I think of that' though?) It wasn't #24 being very cheeky that gave him the win, his pictures were the most consistently entertaining and well put together as far as I (and the other judges) were concerned.

T.

I can echo Tim here...after going through Lukes pics today I can complete understand why he won...his shots were so detailed and very creative...much like his customs they are awsome....made me slightly embarassed that I didnt put more time into some of my shots......as for #24...it was a great shot of part of a pretty girl but it was just part of a great entry...so to you sir I raise my scotch!

and I also have to give props to the rest of the entries...you guys really showed some awsome creative thinking! :thumbsup:

Jeff of the Minis

Yes.

T.

I think mine were pretty damn consistently well put together thank you very much. :P

I'll give you Luke's were more consistantly entertaining though. Some of mine were boring. ;)

PS. To everyone who took a picture in front of hundreds of standing minimates for #11. HOW THE HELL DO YOU HAVE THAT MUCH PATIENCE!!? Lol... I tried repeatedly for like a half hour, and all I got stood up was my lord of the rings ones, and about 25% of my DC ones before they had domino'ed over so many times that I just said, "F#*@ it! >_<" in frustration, threw them all in a big pile, and took the picture you see now for my #11. Which actually worked out, because I think 11 was one of my better ones... :D ... But still... I dunno how you guys did it without shooting yourselves. Haha.

PS2. Anyone else surprised by how many of us used a DS for Videogame?

PS3. Anyone else find it funny that all our rubberband balls have that, "All the rubberbands match 'cause I went out and bought an assload of rubberbands and made it from scratch" freshness too them... :D

Dgrnrbrn, was your turtle trying to eat your minimate?

Yes he was. Originally, the minimate was standing on top of one of the dogs like he had conquered it, but I figured a lot of people would use their dogs for that shot, so instead, I jammed a piece of turtle food in the minimate's hand and stood him on the turtle's rock. Then, it was a matter of waiting. When the turtle climbed up there and stretched his neck out to grab the food, I snapped the picture, snatched the minimate, and dropped some food in for the turtle as reward for his hard work.

To everyone who took a picture in front of hundreds of standing minimates for #11. HOW THE HELL DO YOU HAVE THAT MUCH PATIENCE!!? Lol

Though I didn't go that route for the contest, I have tried standing up hundreds of minimates for a picture before. It took about a week to pull it off. The trick is to use the C3 feet to your advantage by having a massively large LEGO baseplate to stick them all to. See?

Anyone else find it funny that all our rubberband balls have that, "All the rubberbands match 'cause I went out and bought an assload of rubberbands and made it from scratch" freshness too them... :D

Oddly enough, I had that rubberband ball already. My mom is a librarian at a local school and when they get new books in, they all come individually rubberbanded. So, she'll bring boxes of them home and do whatever it is they do to get the books ready to go on the shelves and she ends up with great big bags full of rubberbands. Whenever I'm over visiting around that time of year, I tend to play with the rubberbands instead of helping her work, and thus, a rubberband ball is created.

Actually, The one thing I find a amazing is how many of us on here own turtles. I counted no less then 3 pictures with turtles. I would have taken it with mine, but my turtle died a few years ago. :(

Gillbob, I cheated with several of my photos. The one with them all standing, I had sprayed the table cloth with adhesive. Also, my rubber band ball isn't real. It's rubber bands wrapped around a ball. I'm not patient enough to make a ball out of rubber bands. :P

There are 2 pictures I'm very proud of. Oh heck who am I kidding, I love all my pictures and think I did an outstanding job on all of them! :D (please note, I'm not bragging. I wouldn't say this if I didn't have that much fun taking these)

Firstly was my clever use of Target

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Twist...keitanymore.jpg

2ndly was the perspective of my big photo. It looks amazing and believe it or not, it was an accident. I wasn't even trying to take this shot.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Twist...nt=15Ohcrap.jpg

3rdly is my proud heritage shot. I'll just C/P what I sent the judges.

1. This is Cobra Commander at the San Jacinto Monument. It is actually 15 feet taller then the Washington Monument in DC. (Hah! Everything IS bigger in Texas!) This monument commemorates the Battle of San Jacinto during our war of Independence in 1836. This was where the battle cry of "Remember Goliad! Remember the Alamo!" rang out through the centuries. Gah, I'm actually getting choked up. :P Texas is very near and dear to my heart, and that's why this is one of my favorite photos.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Twist...st/1.SanJac.jpg

And lastly, my multi shot. Look VERY closely at this photo. I want to see if anyone gets what I did. :D

11.Whosthe534fairestofthemall.jpg

Like I said, I'm not bragging. I'm just happy. :D

Everyone did a great job, just wish I had more time on my hands during the contest.......but work had to come first and I had to get ready for my vacation. I did the best with what I could get :) Was Great fun!

I'm actually kind of proud of my Tourist Attraction pic!

So um... call me nutty, but in all this levity and revelment, I haven't seen it brought up...

Isn't someone gonna need our addresses and mailing type info at some point? Hehe.

We'll be contacting the winners about their prizes over the next few days...

T.

That's from the post with the winners list in the news section.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=50520