UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Quote from DC Direct about Minimates

boyd

As MisterPL has pointed out on several occassions, this is what happens when you have some diversity to your characters ;) I'm loving the line so far and wish the other Minimate lines would take a page from what DC is doing with their line.

As MisterPL has pointed out on several occassions, this is what happens when you have some diversity to your characters ;) I'm loving the line so far and wish the other Minimate lines would take a page from what DC is doing with their line.

Hey Don,

Did you not see pix of waves 19&20 at the Con or the Defenders box set? DST pretty much showed us our collective top 20 wish list of figures at this con, if that's not a positive sign and progress then I don't know what is.

T.

DST pretty much showed us our collective top 20 wish list of figures at this con, if that's not a positive sign and progress then I don't know what is.

The benefit of competition. Not that much of a DC fan (Booster Gold is it), but anything that forces DST to take Marvel up a notch to keep up with the jones is good :)

Great News!! I know I'll continue to do my part with a case and a half per wave (nephews collecting as well). I have to agree with TBT! that Marvel may have had a lull for a bit but they seem to be listening to the fans with how sweet their future waves are looking.. I would be happy to see both do VERY well and continue feeding my mini-passion for years to come.

As far as Waves 8 and 9... speculation should be flying... it could include ABSOLUTELY ANYONE from the DCU. ..and that makes it very fun. :) (...come on Kyle and Sinestro!.... hahah)

Vox

I have been REALLY drawn into the DC mates. When I take mates with me to play with (What? Like you don't!) I always bring DC. Always. Dr. Fate and OMAC most of all. Tomorrow, I get the Spectre! So it's good to know how well they're doing.

^^Really Dino?!?!?!? It's something else I'm enjoying with the line, but I know I'm in the minority though. TBT, I did see the new lineups for the Marvel line and thanks for the coverage at SDCC. It kind of sucked seeing things from the sidelines this year, but what are you going to do? On the bright side, between you and other forums, I was able to get a peak without walking through the crowds :P I definitely hope that the DCD line helps DST bring up their A-Game with the Marvel line. Maybe the next time they are working on their negotiation they can bring up the success of the multiple scale DCD line.

^^Really Dino?!?!?!? It's something else I'm enjoying with the line, but I know I'm in the minority though.

I don't think you are Don. Personally, I think Dino is in the minority this time. I think many fans enjoy the difference in scale because of the opportunities for big figures that it opens up. A large Atom Smasher, Solomon Grundy Darkseid or Mongul would be great IMO!

I definitely hope that the DCD line helps DST bring up their A-Game with the Marvel line. Maybe the next time they are working on their negotiation they can bring up the success of the multiple scale DCD line.

I think with the reveal of the next two waves, it is apparent DST has been working on bringing the Marvel line up to par with DC Direct. I can't wait to see what they've got in store for us next year at Toy Fair!

I'm not sure of my stance on the 2.5" body. I do like the varying sizes, but when DC is the only line using them, it stands out a bit, and not necessarily in a good way. I guess I'd be happier if there was a set scale across the boards. Either all should have the varying scales or none of them should. Thing is, Chuck said that crossing the 2.5" mark would be stepping into another license with Marvel, and we know that there is some play in the 2" barrier, as we've seen with Leader, and presumably Smart Hulk with his bulked up pelvis and sculpted head. I'm wondering if the reason we don't get a 2.5" figure is not so much because we can't go that high, but because a belt, hair piece, mask, or anything would push the figure over the limit.