UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghost Rider wave

TM2 Dinobot

Sorry if there's a thread on this already, I didn't see one.

So the movie Ghost Rider wave is coming. I was just wondering hiow many people will be getting it? I've tried to like this wave, I really have, but I just can't. This will be the first Marvel Minimates that I'm skipping. I just can't get excited over something so... bland. It reminds me too much of those stupid 24 mates.

Anyways, any one else feel this way?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Movie wasn't bad, but I don't like these at all. I think I'll miss this whole wave out.

Not Me, I will be getting this wave for sure

Have you seen the Ghost Rider, it is an orange translucent head with the skull painted on. so in front of a light it will GLOW kick ass

As far as the civilians... they will be either well civilians or the bad guys will be mafia guys.

I want minimates to go on and on and the only way to do that is to keep buying em !!

I'll get it due to completeness... All I really want is the Speed Racer jumpsuit and a shovel. I bet this wave would sell like hotcakes if they zombie-fied them and marketed them as being part of the Marvel Zombies universe rather than the Ghost Rider movie.

I'm skipping this wave for now, but I may pick these up if I can trade for them or if I find them cheap. They're nicely designed, just not a priority at the moment.

GR is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen but I'll still be getting this wave. There are a lot of good parts for the ol' parts bin; I will be skipping the variant in the wave though.

There's alot of good parts for customs, so while I personally don't have any desire to represent the movie in my collection(especially sans the "all important" bike!), I'll still pick one up.

I'm a completist so I'm getting them. The X3 wave surprised me so I'm hoping to be surprised again.

hands down agree.... being a minimate fiend i knew i had to have the X3 mates... but i wasnt too excited about them... but when i grabbed them (still looking for varient phoenix <_< ) i was uber surprised.... that wolverine is now one of my favourite wolvies! (the claw redesign was brilliant)..... SO now with the GR mates on the way... again im not to stoked, yet the fiend in me has already decided to pick up the whole wave... so im hoping i will be pleseantly surprised.... i can already see this whole scenario happening again when the spiderman3 mates come out (they look ok, but im sure ill be blown away)..... and duh the avengers wave will be good, theres no questioning that set B)

Does anybody think that the variant "Transformation Johnny Blaze" will look different than the only pic (DST's) we've seen of it. I mean it's the stunt cycle Johnny Blaze's head on the Ghost Rider's body with normal hands and blue legs. Does this really constitute a variant? Sure we've had lame variants in the past (i.e: Matt Murdock) but is there any hope that the "transformation JB" will actually look like he's transforming? I for one hope so. What do you guys think?

I'm getting them. The variant too. Really like that new GR and despite the fact that the movie was awful I want some Nick Cage minimates. Perhaps a custom "The Rock" Cage mate or even a "Con Air" one can be made. That would be cool.

Does anybody think that the variant "Transformation Johnny Blaze" will look different than the only pic (DST's) we've seen of it. I mean it's the stunt cycle Johnny Blaze's head on the Ghost Rider's body with normal hands and blue legs. Does this really constitute a variant? Sure we've had lame variants in the past (i.e: Matt Murdock) but is there any hope that the "transformation JB" will actually look like he's transforming? I for one hope so. What do you guys think?

That would be far more awesome than Nic Cage in a leather jacket as the variant. I can see a human face with a wicked grin, fire billowing out the eyes and the hands appearing to be burning up as well. Sadly, I predict we'll get something similar to what we've already seen, perhaps something less. Whereas the DC minimates have been good about exceeding the prototypes in look and feel, Marvel's line has been notorious for short changing the prototypes, then sticking pics of the protos on the box to rub it in a little more. Just look at MK Ghost Rider and the wicked cool chain that is nowhere to be found around his torso.

I'm getting them. Part of me thinks that they're kinda cool, even though the movie was pretty bad. The Mates themselves look good, but I can't say that I'm super excited about them. I sort of think of movies as alternate Marvel universes, like the Ultimate universe.

dude.

Thor is the only thing i am looking forward to, and i cant wait to have the Marvel Trinity. (now that i have the DC Trinity)

i was never a big fan of movies related toys/games...

yea, sure the movies are entertaining (except for some... *cough daredevil *cough),

but toys based on movies are almost always dissappointing... to me anyways...