UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Yet another Minimate website

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mickey Mouse IS a douchebag! Why should he get the dignity of pants, while poor Donald has to walk around with his junk uncovered?

Just like to point out that this comment, sitting as it is at the top of the page, without any clarification or context, is really fucking bizarre. :unsure: Congratulations there, Nate.:lol:

And if I may say... I like the Database as is.

mmdb_.png

Ohhh, this is one of "those" tests isn't it ;)

#1 is a fat dude and a well-endowed woman walking into an old western saloon {insert joke about man at the bar with a 12" pianist}.

#2 is the hoofprints of a magical unicorn with a cleft foot; it may look pretty and everyone seems to like it but pet it too much and you'll go blind

#3 is Frogger sideways about to eat a Galaga ship

I vote for #4, you have to stare really hard to see it but OMG that logo is soooo funny (yet offensive to Martians and probably illegal in several states) :lol:

I'd suggest having minimates popping out/sitting on the letters. MMDB doesn't say minimates to me. Possibly have 'minimate database' in smaller letters underneath.

Or go with an all white minimate and have that logo on his chest- maybe sitting on a file cabinet or holding other minimates. Or a franken-mate made up of various body parts.

Or have Luke design one for you if he's up for it. I like all the graphics on his site.

mmdb_.png

Ohhh, this is one of "those" tests isn't it ;)

#1 is a fat dude and a well-endowed woman walking into an old western saloon {insert joke about man at the bar with a 12" pianist}.

#2 is the hoofprints of a magical unicorn with a cleft foot; it may look pretty and everyone seems to like it but pet it too much and you'll go blind

#3 is Frogger sideways about to eat a Galaga ship

I vote for #4, you have to stare really hard to see it but OMG that logo is soooo funny (yet offensive to Martians and probably illegal in several states) :lol:

You win. :lol:

Whoa, thank you all for the feedback. It's a lot more than I was expecting. I appreciate it immensely.

This is just the first step in a larger design. It will definitely have the Minimate Database text on it. As much as I like the MMDB abbreviation, it's really only recognizable to folks around here.

It's nice how much of the feedback matches what I was thinking. (I guess I'm not totally insane.) The first one works well but is a little unbalanced. The symmetry of the second one improves that, but I'm not sold on backwards letters. I like the joined MM of the third, but it reads as Minimate Contraband. I guess I didn't delete the fourth one as thoroughly as I thought. Everyone has their kink.

The one thing I didn't see before is the faces in the DB. Now it's all that I see.

Thanks again everyone, I'll keep tweaking it.

EDIT: I forgot to add...

Does it remind you of any other franchise logos or anything? Something about it seems familiar to me but I can't place it. I don't want to be infringing anything.

Edited by Ivan

• 1 month later...

EDIT: I forgot to add...

Does it remind you of any other franchise logos or anything? Something about it seems familiar to me but I can't place it. I don't want to be infringing anything.

Now that you mention it, It kind of reminds me of Run DMC's logo. Not by much, but maybe that's why it looks familiar?

That's definitely doable. Release dates are currently tied to packs and series but I could craft a query to extend to figures.

Let's see...

Captain America March 4, 2010

World War II October 9, 2010

Suspended Animation October 9, 2010

Armored October 9, 2010

Reborn October 9, 2010

Captain America (Classic Heroic Age) December 6, 2010

Captain America (Modern Heroic Age) October 9, 2010

Looks right to me. :) I probably won't have a dedicated page to do this, but it will be integrated into the existing character page. Depending on how resource-intensive it is.

No worries boyd. I needed something productive to do at work, and crafting the query really hit the spot for me. (Weird as that sounds.) I've always thought the 'character' page was sparse and release information seems like a good addition.

• 4 months later...
That's still several months away unfortunately. I've been preoccupied with some new shinys.

Ouch, I just looked at the prototype folder, it's titled "siteRevamp2011". I should just stop making promises. :)