UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr. Strange an Action Figure Xpress Exclusive?

HelloMate

• 2 weeks later...

It says to check back soon for more info.. has it been soon yet? :P

So if these are to be available for pre-order before the SDCC so attendees can pick it up there... then we should be seeing the full reveal sometime in the next couple weeks right? Or are we just being teased and everything except this item will be pre-order-able. :P Sorry.. but I'm getting a bit excited for some new mates.

If it is a Defenders 4-Pack and they go classic line up (with modern look), I hope Hulk is World War Hulk, Silver Surfer is metalic, Strange is perfect as is (in photo/drawings), Namor... whatever is fine. Man this is going to be a long few weeks to the Con.

Hmmm... so it's looking like the Defenders box set. AFX did a minor update, and now they are showing what appears to be a hint of Sub-Mariner's torso. (fourth pic under the Future Exclusives Previews section)

http://www.shopafx.com/20sandicoin.html#Previews

Awwww crap I wanted a speedo...

That's the Sub Mariner all right, sweet. It always pleases me to see them make characters that are not only long requested but also with such a deep history in the Marvel Universe, the more big names that get out, the more we can hopefully begin to focus on lesser known characters. My sympathies do go out to those who wanted the green speedo version of the man, even though I like this look more myself, but at least we're getting him, I remember at one point DST said he was a character they didn't know what to do with. I'm glad they thought of something.

Sweet update.. NOW PLEASE give us a totally new version of Hulk and Silver Surfer.. I'm a little worried that we're going to see a "new expression Hulk" and "whiter eyes Silver Surfer" or something.. hahah A defenders set is a great idea and there is so much buzz around World War Hulk it would be cool to see a nod there.. and with the Silver Surfer movie.. why not give him a more metalic look.. -Make me proud mini-gods.. make me proud.

What do you guys think? Will the Namor MM have newly sculpted feet with the wings on 'em (like my custom ) or will they be painted on? I'm prayin' they go all out and sculpt the darn things. If Aquaman ( I know... he's DC Direct) can get new feet, why not Namor?

It's possible, as exclusives price point is controlled by the retailer so they can opt to spring for extra effort more so than the main line, and all AFX excusives (apart from Silver Surfer & Thanos who were both technically mainline mates) have featured all new and exclusive to figure molding.

They seems to be going all out on this set with unigue sculped pieces (ex: Doc Strange's cape, Namor's funky vest and belt). I'd guess they'll go for broke and have sculpted wings either attached to the feet, or a separate piece that fits between the foot and the leg.

I bet a gold star that little wings will be attached to the feet of Namor. (not painted on.. actual wings sticking out just a bit)

I also bet that he will be hitting on Sue Storm as soon as he is on the same shelf as her.

If you want a green speedo version (like I do) of Namor, use Robin's crotch for that peice. It's not difficult to come across a bare chest from either the Namor close-up showed or from the Gollum. Nor is it hard to come up with the bare legs from again, Gollum or Robin. It's the feet that I'm wondering how they'll handle. Namor's black costume had shoes on with the wings sticking out to the sides. This could make or break a green speedo custom.

have the said this a definiatly a defenders box set because if not and given the fact we-ve only seen dr strange and namor (and looking @ what namor's wearing!!) this could turn out to be a illuminati box set with all new black bolt, updated iron man and re-issues of prof-x and mr fantastic!!! :unsure:

http://www.emeraldcitycomics.com/uploaded_..._col-703005.jpg

have the said this a definiatly a defenders box set because if not and given the fact we-ve only seen dr strange and namor (and looking @ what namor's wearing!!) this could turn out to be a illuminati box set with all new black bolt, updated iron man and re-issues of prof-x and mr fantastic!!! :unsure:

http://www.emeraldcitycomics.com/uploaded_..._col-703005.jpg

:blink:

You really don't want to go and bring that discussion back to life.... read this thread[/for discussion on Defenders vs Illuminati.