UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr. Strange an Action Figure Xpress Exclusive?

HelloMate

I'm sure that AFX said that we'll get our first peek of the DEFENEDERS boxed set at the SDCC 07'. As far as avalability is concerned, I'm sure they'll tell us that at the con as well.

i realize that this boxset is 99.9999% going to be Defenders.... but wouldn't it be cool if they did a "aluminati vs hulk" set.... dr.strange, namor, black bolt, MAYBE updated iron man and a PLanet Hulk with beefy chest and full gladiator equipment.... thatd be a pretty epic set!

i realize that this boxset is 99.9999% going to be Defenders.... but wouldn't it be cool if they did a "aluminati vs hulk" set.... dr.strange, namor, black bolt, MAYBE updated iron man and a PLanet Hulk with beefy chest and full gladiator equipment.... thatd be a pretty epic set!

That would indeed be a an awesome set, not a bad character amongst em...

Sadly it's not one we're going to see :(

T.

Considering it's been said in the past that the development time it takes on the minimates makes it almost impossible to release a set in a timely manner with the property it represents, I seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY doubt that it'll be the Illuminati vs. Hulk. Try back in a couple years on Wave 20 or so when the Illuminati hits with Hulk and possibly his warbound, with the variant being the Hulkbuster Iron Man. No, this set will likely be the classic Defenders, with new characters in Dr. Strange and Namor, and updates to Hulk and Silver Surfer. Based on some of DC's work in the minimate field as well as some of the Cylons in BSG, I'm thinking we'll get a shiny surfer. And with Zombie Hulk being a bit on the plump side, let's hope that transfer over to a bulkier classic Hulk.

I've actually started leaning towards the Illuminatti idea as I feel a classic Namor would have made TONS more sense for a Defenders set. Besides, Black Bolt needs a mask, Professor X needs no new parts, Mister Fantastic needs no new parts. However, I'm still iffy on the whole Modern Armor Iron Man, as customs have shown us how damn hard that armor is to make in minimate form.