UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Fantastic Four 2 Movie - New Doom Armor

Shanester

Yes! Haha! I love it! In case you didn't know, I love the FF! They may well be some of the best superheroes ever! God, i wish Civil War didn't split them. BTW if yu didn't read the issue of FF that was the Civil War aftermath, then do it! It's the one with them all gatheredaround a birthday cake that has 45 on it. It has a hysterical part where Stan Lee visits them and helps them stop Mole Man: by promising him a cameo in the next Marvel movie! I laughed till I cried and then some more at the mini story after that mini story.

Gotta say it. That cloak looks a million times better than that hideous hooded coat. Thank God Tim Story woke up. Way to go. Having just seen this improvement to Doom makes me want to see this movie even more. Thanks for the pic!

Sweet, thanks for the link boyd. I'm not liking Jessica Alba's blue contacts or Fishburne as SS's voice. We'll see. I'm still excited to see this movie. That Johnny/Ben Grimm scene was hilarious! :)

You know, if you hadn't told me that it was old Morpheus doing the voice over, I wouldn't have believed it. I can honestly see why they picked the guy to be the voice of Silver Surfer. I also like the evolution of Doctor Doom's costume, since I always feel that there needs to be evolution with any characters costume(especially in the movies). Still not sure about my girl Jessica's new look, I loved the subtlety of her look in the first one. Kind of hope with the next one they find a balance with her look. It was also nice seeing Ben wearing clothes that actually fit, much like his comic counterpart. Of course I'm sure when the original Thing came to be, there wasn't any Big and Tall stores :P While I'm jazzed about Spidey, I've been looking forward to this one more and more. Still a little bummed that the toys aren't going to fit in with the previous sets, but I'll get over it.

Don, what's this about the toys? Have they changed scale?

Well, I'm not Don, but the Hasbro Fantastic Four toys that are coming are in a 5" scale. That means they might look weird next to the previous 6" movie figures made by ToyBiz, but they'll look like giants compared to Minimates.

Don, what's this about the toys? Have they changed scale?

Well, I'm not Don, but the Hasbro Fantastic Four toys that are coming are in a 5" scale. That means they might look weird next to the previous 6" movie figures made by ToyBiz, but they'll look like giants compared to Minimates.

What a totally hatstand thing to do!

• 3 weeks later...
I think this movie has an honest chance of being the best summer movie this year. Everything I see makes me want to see it more and more.

Ok, while I will agree with you that the more I see of the movie the more I am looking forward to it. But in a Summer that is crowed with Spidey 3, Shrek 3, Pirates 3, and Transformers...........I'm afraid that FF is going to get lost in the shuffle. Here's hopeing it gets a good turn out though. neo

Rad, sorry, I thought I answered this. I'm not sure what the rational with making the figures 5" instead of 6", but apparently the Spidey 3 were around the same size. I've seen pics in the toy magazine and they look great, I just see it as a step backwords when toylines go to smaller scales exclusively. But I know I'm in the minority when it comes to this way of thinking, as most of my friends love that the scales have gone smaller. I personally haven't seen the love yet and hope that there are some improvements with the ML line in particular. However, that's for another thread, as this one is about the FFC movie :P Back on topic, Neo, while I'll agree that FF2 isn't going to make the box office that the big 3 are, I think it might still be the better movie out of the 4 movies hitting. The movie definately makes things look like they are heading in the right direction with the characters. Even Ben looks to have mutated a little bit more into the Thing we know in todays comics.

• 2 weeks later...

Doom approves about how Doom has been represented in Doom's latest motion picture: "Doctor Doom: The Rise of the Cosmic Powered Doom" which also might have some cameos by that blasted Richards and the rest of his pathetic family along with that silver guy on the surfboard....

Seriously though, as a big Dr. Doom fan, I've gotta say, if the characterization is improved as much as the look then this movie is gonna rock even harder than I thought.