UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man 3 Convention set announced

newaddict

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These mates will be available in the regular wave as they are preview, but they will be in two different packs, see below. This is according to previews solicitation earlier.

1.) Red Spider-Man/New Green Goblin

2.) Black-Suited Spider-Man/Sandman

This should be in all the sense a packaging variation.

I agree, esp if they dont get the full waves out at the same time as the movie.

I also think that this is a nice, "little show" exclusive and suspect that as these waves are supposed to be released by then, we will see another DST exclusive at SDCC, where traditionally we've seen minimate exclusives debut. My prediction for that is going to be Roslyn/Zarek from BSG. ( feel free to come an gloat at how wrong I was/am several months from now)

T.

Personally I think this is a nice way to build up hype for the actual waves later on.

I really don't think this figures will be exclusives to the cons. I think (and hope) that these figures will be available at the con first and then to the wider markets later on. The article even says "the first available Spider-Man 3 Minimate product," and "The complete line of Spider-man 3 Minimates is due to hit shelves early this summer" It just seems to make sense that these main characters will be released later.

Personally I think this is a nice way to build up hype for the actual waves later on.

Yeah I agree. It is a nice way to finally have something before the movie is released. I consider this sweet icing. :)

we will see another DST exclusive at SDCC, where traditionally we've seen minimate exclusives debut. My prediction for that is going to be Roslyn/Zarek from BSG. ( feel free to come an gloat at how wrong I was/am several months from now)

I feel strong about that pack or another BSG related pack being a con exclusive.

• 2 weeks later...

blacksun1520 - I saw that too, and I also got depressed... but then I got excited again, because DST just posted this site on their site:

"The 2-pack will go on sale at Wizard World Los Angeles on Friday March 16th and will retail for $7.00 at the show. For the first time, we will be making a convention exclusive available to the public at the same time, launching this exclusive Minimate two-pack on our online store for the same low price! Available at 3:00 PM EST, only a limited quantity will be offered for pre-order, so be sure to act fast!"

...3:00 PM EST

go check out the main page of DST's site for all the details :biggrin:

Thanks Donny :thumbsup: . I wonder why they put them up so early as "out of stock" if they aren't availabe till 3PM ??? :confused:

I've seen a lot of online stores do that when they're offering a time-specific item. I'm only guessing at this, because I've never run an online store, but apparently the easiest way to debut the item in the store is to upload the item's description/order page ahead of time, but keep the quantity at zero and then change the quantity at the moment that you're ready to start selling them. I guess it eliminates any last minute hassle like html problems or things of that nature. *shrugs*

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Mar 16 2007, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've seen a lot of online stores do that when they're offering a time-specific item. I'm only guessing at this, because I've never run an online store, but apparently the easiest way to debut the item in the store is to upload the item's description/order page ahead of time, but keep the quantity at zero and then change the quantity at the moment that you're ready to start selling them. I guess it eliminates any last minute hassle like html problems or things of that nature. *shrugs*

That makes sense... but they should put something like "availabe soon" rather than "out of stock" to keep us addicts from freaking out :tongue: :teehee:

BS

That makes sense... but they should put something like "availabe soon" rather than "out of stock" to keep us addicts from freaking out :tongue: :teehee:

Problem is, addicts will always freak out -- that's why we're addicts. :D

The time is 3pm because the show opens at noon PST.

and it makes sense for them to say whatever the automated dohickey says as they're not going to change the whole web application just for one item :)

I"m still trying to make it there in person but it's looking 50/50 at the moment, some work crisis has come up...

T.