UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Grail Thread

After I just managed to gather myself all the Thundercats except the Ho boxset, I thought I should throw out a thread about Grails. 

What’s your biggest want? 
Anything big you finally managed to find?

x-factor angel/warpath

box/vindicator

if i could get those then i’d complete some more mutant teams

I don't think I have any grails since the last bhm blowout. Filled my gaps then. How long ago was that? Seems like ages now.

My grails are pretty much things unmade by DST and myself. Rocky 3 Minimates and an Aliens Drop Ship. If I had more space I'd want a Bat Cave.

54 minutes ago, cylonchaney said:

I don't think I have any grails since the last bhm blowout. Filled my gaps then. How long ago was that? Seems like ages now.

My grails are pretty much things unmade by DST and myself. Rocky 3 Minimates and an Aliens Drop Ship. If I had more space I'd want a Bat Cave.

Last blow-out was 2014 ....ages ago !   The Bat Cave BTW never really got the praise it deserved , it is a tad 'nervous' but I used to love mine......when I had room :mellow:

1 hour ago, minifigvig said:

x-factor angel/warpath

box/vindicator

if i could get those then i’d complete some more mutant teams

I hadn't realised that Box/Vindicator set was so rare!  

in the last few years i’ve gotten back to collecting, i would say both of the mentioned angels and box end up being the craziest prices for the two packs and loose @buttheadsmate@NerdyTrev

3 hours ago, minifigvig said:

in the last few years i’ve gotten back to collecting, i would say both of the mentioned angels and box end up being the craziest prices for the two packs and loose @buttheadsmate@NerdyTrev

That’s so weird to me. I had like 6 Heathers at one point. 

I don't know what happened with the X-Factor Angel minimate. Whether it was printed in smaller numbers or not, folks really seemed to scramble for it. 
I had a mate hooking me up with TRU releases at the time, and he (absolute legend btw) hooked me up with every single one. Even some of the tougher ones to come by like Moonstone and Bullseye. X-Factor Angel was the one damn figure he never managed to find an extra of for me. I lucked out with an obscure online trade a few months later, but I always wandered what happened to make Angel seem so difficult to come by.

Over my ten year chase for Angel I heard many a tall tale. I think the one that made sense was that there were less Angels made then x-factor boxsets produced.  

12 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Over my ten year chase for Angel I heard many a tall tale. I think the one that made sense was that there were less Angels made then x-factor boxsets produced.  

That makes a lot of sense .

I have spent several years collecting multiples of everything 'Minimate' , the Angel /Warpath set was by far the most elusive 2 pack .  

whilst questing for thine grail…

how good does it feel to see the figure you want being sold in a lot that’s about the same cost (or less) than what people are trying to sell for the loose single figure?

i finally got rachel summers and now a second FA angel this way lol

1 hour ago, thereasonsy said:

Probably doesn’t help that he was, I think, the first Angel Minimate produced that wasn’t an Archangel. 
We didn’t know if we’d get another one!

20 minutes ago, Trekker 42 said:

Probably doesn’t help that he was, I think, the first Angel Minimate produced that wasn’t an Archangel. 
We didn’t know if we’d get another one!

There was that weird era where they mixed up the variant Angel (FA) and Halo blue Angel that also drove confusion. I weirdly had a few of both but that X-Factor one was a bane. I got over it because Angel only wore the costume for less than a year and you could use Archangel with the box set but those were sad times. 

35 minutes ago, minifigvig said:

whilst questing for thine grail…

how good does it feel to see the figure you want being sold in a lot that’s about the same cost (or less) than what people are trying to sell for the loose single figure?

i finally got rachel summers and now a second FA angel this way lol

I also love seeing the inverse. I saw a bundle of common figures that the seller was asking HUNDREDS for. 

@thereasonsy i agree, the amount of times i’ve said “good luck with that” out loud when i see an absurdly overpriced lot of normal figs 

this grail thread helped me manifest an x factor lot that was well under a benjamin even with shipping

cheers everyone!!