UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2007 Starbuck Figure

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to see the sellers taking advantage of this situation. Let's pick on eBay seller 'maniastore' for example.

(190080257222) Ended: Feb-12-07 05:30:53 PST for $24.99 + $4 shipping

(190080257245) Ended: Feb-12-07 06:33:39 PST for $27.99 + $4 shipping

(190081921257) Ended: Feb-12-07 09:50:54 PST for $34.99 + $5 shipping

(190081921486) Ended: Feb-12-07 10:13:30 PST for $39.99 + $5 shipping

(190081015227) Ended: Feb-12-07 15:31:15 PST for $44.99 + $5 shipping

(190081015843) Ended: Feb-12-07 18:08:13 PST for $49.99 + $5 shipping

(190080649602) Ended: Feb-13-07 06:21:59 PST for $34.99 + $5 shipping

(190080653032) Ended: Feb-13-07 09:04:55 PST for $36.99 + $6 shipping

And currently has two available, one for $42.99 + $5.50 shipping and the other for $45.99 + $6 shipping. Odd how it costs $2 more to ship a minimate than it did a day before. Yeah, yeah I know free market, capitalistic society, blah, blah, blah. Doesn't mean I have to like it. :P

(I would have listed the starting dates for these auctions, but it appears that this seller is one of those shysters that 'revises' existing listings for products that aren't selling and turns them into new auctions to avoid eBay listing fees. As a result, the starting dates don't mean much.)

As long as we're pleading to the minimate fairies, I'm missing Santa Spidey, Cylon Elf, Gold and Silver Spidey, and I have high bid on a Starbuck.

But back to the Starbuck topic, didn't Dockingbay say he had some going for cheaper than the ebay cost? Or has he sold out already?

Okay, I cant afford one.

Damn this site and its money eating. :P

"Dear magical minimate fairies, Im still missing; Wave 12, Wave 13, Cylon Elf, ToyFair Starbuck and a Silver Spiderman. Please deliver them unto me"

(Was worth a shot right?)

You're kidding right? Please tell me you're kidding. I'm well gutted for you if running this site means you can't afford to keep up your collection. It just doesn't make sense mate. Maybe we should start a donation drive? After all, loads of people, myself included have benefited from being members here. I think it's time we gave some love back. (or Karma if you're not comfortable with love)

Well, I went ahead and bought one off of eBay for $22 (plus shipping). I figured that was a reasonable price to pay since I really want to stay on top of this line. I'm 18, and it seems like ever since I was little I've been collecting toys (Toy Story, Star Wars, Nascar cars) but the past 5 years or so, I haven't really had anything to collect. I'm a huge BSG fan and I love where this line is headed. I got the new Cylon case when they came out and I love them. Well, I'm rambling, but I'm so happy I'll have one now!

Well, it appears that Starbuck was not a "buy $300 worth of stuff and get free" freebie. Most of the auctions up now simply say that she was given out to any visitors to the Diamond booth. Judging by the fact that they also gave out the Jon Stewart GL again, I'd say Starbuck will be given out again/more readily available later. I'm going to hold off for now and see how it pans out. :unsure:

By the way, I think Rad is on to something...

Well, it appears that Starbuck was not a "buy $300 worth of stuff and get free" freebie. Most of the auctions up now simply say that she was given out to any visitors to the Diamond booth. Judging by the fact that they also gave out the Jon Stewart GL again, I'd say Starbuck will be given out again/more readily available later. I'm going to hold off for now and see how it pans out. :unsure:

By the way, I think Rad is on to something...

Is that for real? No purchase of $300.00 required? Damn that's a shame!

Well, I have to thank you all for being so kind to a newbie. Due to your advice I held off on eBay and didn't spend the now ridiculous price of $49.99. The gods were in my favor as lo and behold my LCS called me up, knowing what a fan of BSG I am, to tell me that he brought something back from Toy Fair for me. Imagine my delight as I walked into the store and was given a Toy Fair Starbuck free of charge for being such a loyal customer for all these years. Now that's what I call service!!

:banana: ...second post and I get to use the banana!!!

Now I must be off as my new Starbuck is getting into a fight with my custom V minimates and I have to break it up. (And yes I do play with my toys!!)

Congratulations Rod and welcome. I would indeed hold off, unless you want to help out DB97 or Jaycen :thumbsup: Both are great guys who have come through with us in the past. Like Samwise, I'm hoping I can resist the urge for the moment, as I have alot of overhead(even if it's not a Minimate forum) right now :confused: I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get my DCD MM on Wednesday :P

Well, it looks like more will be available after the NY Comic Con...Anyone planning on attending the Con and seminar? If so, please feel free to let us know how it goes. :biggrin:

http://artasylum.com/forum/index.php?PHPSE...899.msg9590#new

If you go, try to pick some up, and shoot AA a couple ideas!