UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2007 Starbuck Figure

I swore that I wasn't going to cave for this particular exclusive, as I have a strong feeling that this version will turn-up again (in some form) in the future. However, Time and Space Toys has her for sale for $25. It's more than I was really willing to spend, however I needed one more item in my cart to qualify for the "free-stuff" offer and they were also offering "free-shipping" with any orders containing an "in-stock" item. Anyways, you all might want to check out their site before they're gone (plus you can receive a FREE Modern Cylon MM with any purchase...and FREE shipping if you act before Feb. 23!). Not a bad deal really.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's defintely NOT a bad deal! I'm thinking of getting another on just so I can have two Starbucks running around and burning the weaker 'mates with her cigar (yeah, I know I'm a little strange, but hey, it makes life more interesting)....which looks really cool if you add a small dab of flourescent orange paint to the end.

I saw Sharon on your member photo and wondered where the hell you'd gotten it? Forgetting as I tend to lots these days that you're a master customiser. Good work fella.

Grin, a simple head swap and slight hair mod dont qualify as master customiser :P

(Mariko head and Chun-li hair with the bunches removed and repainted if any one wants to 'borrow' the recipe)

BTW congrats on the new job/promotion.

T.

I saw Sharon on your member photo and wondered where the hell you'd gotten it? Forgetting as I tend to lots these days that you're a master customiser. Good work fella.

Grin, a simple head swap and slight hair mod dont qualify as master customiser :P

(Mariko head and Chun-li hair with the bunches removed and repainted if any one wants to 'borrow' the recipe)

Yeah but it's having the inspiration to do it mate. Might be dead simple but it looks like it's just stepped off of the blister.

BTW congrats on the new job/promotion.

T.

Thanks bud, it's good to see you back on the boards. :)

So I got my Toy Fair Starbuck in the mail and -- woah! Wow! The detailing is great. But something nobody has mentioned: her pants have a slight metallic glint to them. It doesn't show up in any of the photos I've seen, but in real life it's very distinctive. Way cool. If all the flightsuits are painted this color... it just adds to the BSG Stoked! factor. :)

Yep, finally got my Starbuck on Friday... It's a wonderfully, beautiful figure in real life... The metallic fligh suit was a really nice surprise, and the detailing on it is superb. Can't wait to see the rest of the line.

Sharon is great T! I've been seeing that for awhile now, and didn't realize it was a custom. Great work, brother.

So I got my Toy Fair Starbuck in the mail and -- woah! Wow! The detailing is great. But something nobody has mentioned: her pants have a slight metallic glint to them. It doesn't show up in any of the photos I've seen, but in real life it's very distinctive. Way cool. If all the flightsuits are painted this color... it just adds to the BSG Stoked! factor. :)

Yeah, I like the metallic-sheen too;very effective. However, maybe this is what (besides the "baggie") will designate this as an exclusive, as I find it very hard to believe that this particular version will not make it into the "normal" line at some point. I guess we'll see very soon when series 1 hits. If it really IS different from the other flight -suits(in color), then I dub-thee: "Shiny-heiny Starbuck"! LOL

Keep an eye on eBay... They're coming down in price since they gave them out at the 'con awhile back...

Some of them are going for around $10.

Either that or start using your wallet to pay instead of your ass.

Just trying to be helpful,

Jo

• 2 weeks later...