UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2007 Starbuck Figure

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When they make retailer exclusive stuff, they need to stick to the santa hats and stuff like that. Making characters that fit into the line should be off limits. Otherwise, they should just be honest about what they're trying to do and get us all to line up so they can kick us in the balls.

Lets all say a silent prayer to the Gods of Kobol that much like the "Dave School" Batman exclusive, we may also see this figure released in the main stream at a later time. Maybe in a Con two-pack this summer? If it becomes only a packaging exclusive I can live with not actually having this particular one.

So say we all!

Am I wrong or isn't this just the flight suit Starbuck from the first Wave without the jacket? This one will only haunt the completionists, I believe.

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=1112

Edit: Ok, I can see the arms are different. I wonder if we will get any "bare" arms with these figures?

Edit #2: Yes, you should be able to Quick custom this figure using Six's arms. Nice.

Am I wrong or isn't this just the flight suit Starbuck from the first Wave without the jacket? This one will only haunt the completionists, I believe.

http://74.52.193.82/events/main.php?g2_itemId=1112

Edit: Ok, I can see the arms are different. I wonder if we will get any "bare" arms with these figures?

Edit #2: Yes, you should be able to Quick custom this figure using Six's arms. Nice.

This assumes there will be the T-shirted look under the Flight suit, I cant see that happening, the tampo costs would be too much.

The good news is that if they went to the effort to make the tampo then we'll likely see the t-shirted chest piece on other figures.

Matt care to deny or confirm that one?

T.

I'm with newaddict, at least I'm hoping he's right, that this is just an "advance", a labeling change for the retailers and we will see a Starbuck like this in the regular line-up. *wish, wish*

Crap, and here I had planned to complete the BSG line, but if DST is going to use it for all their retailer incentives... :rolleyes:

MATT! Please clear this one up for us?

This assumes there will be the T-shirted look under the Flight suit, I cant see that happening, the tampo costs would be too much.

The good news is that if they went to the effort to make the tampo then we'll likely see the t-shirted chest piece on other figures.

Matt care to deny or confirm that one?

T.

I'll wager the T-shirted look is underneath the jackets for the figures. Why else have a jacket piece? It would have been much easier to print a jacket rather than add a whole additional piece.

Don't they tampo the pieces while on the plastic tree thingy? It couldn't cost that much more since the arms and legs are being printed/tampoed.

Here's a question: with this being the first non-Cylon BSG mate and in a very limited release to boot, does this figure fall on the same list as Gold and Silver Spidey for figures we can outbid other multiverse patrons on ebay?

Yes... unless it's me ;)

T.

I'll wager the T-shirted look is underneath the jackets for the figures. Why else have a jacket piece? It would have been much easier to print a jacket rather than add a whole additional piece.

Don't they tampo the pieces while on the plastic tree thingy? It couldn't cost that much more since the arms and legs are being printed/tampoed.

I'll take that wager, say a non-chase 2 pack? :)

T.

ps did you forget they already stopped doing tampos on the sides or marvel to save money, why would they put something on a torso that's not even going to be seen as the norm?

ps did you forget they already stopped doing tampos on the sides or marvel to save money, why would they put something on a torso that's not even going to be seen as the norm?

Hopefully, that was a limited time thing, because if the latest waves of Marvel and beyond start lacking details on the sides (and eventually backs) then I'll be done with the whole craze. Why even make the figures if you're going to do a half assed job at it? But looking at details on the new stuff, it looks like the attention to detail has grown, but its hard to say if skimping on paint is the future. After all, we saw sides on Battle Damaged Black Spidey, but not on regular Spidey, so who knows what to believe.

I'll take that wager, say a non-chase 2 pack? :)

T.

You're on!

I always thought they didn't tampo the sides to save time rather than money. They really needed to get the wave out fast - hence the reuse of existing pieces. I have no idea how the tampo machines work, but I'm guessing you need to "flip" the plastic tree sprig to print on all sides. This would require twice the amount of time to get them finished. (Also we saw some factory errors from Brandon with this line. Remember Collosus in pink? I think it was a time issue rather than a cost issue).

That's my theory anyway. I'm betting the lovely Starbuck has a T-shirt underneath.

I was looking back over the pictures, and it looks like some if not all of the jacketed characters have gray torsos. This could just be a proto thing, but it does add a little weight to the nothing underneath side (though that wouldn't bother Danny much if they did truly have nothing underneath the jacket!). My guess is if they are painted underneath, it won't match the retailer exclusive figure.

You're on!

I always thought they didn't tampo the sides to save time rather than money. They really needed to get the wave out fast - hence the reuse of existing pieces.

That's my theory anyway. I'm betting the lovely Starbuck has a T-shirt underneath.

Yeah cos the years wait was realy quick ;)

I hope you're right I just can't see them going to the expense and simultainously killing another variant chance in future at the same time.

T.

I'm with T. There can't be a shirt under. It should be more apparent than just a tampo as to why there wouldn't be a t-shirt.

1.) It's a flight suit and it's meant to be all one peice.

2.) The jacket has paint on it already.

3.) The most important, how dumb would they look with green arms!! (Would DST throw in extra arms?)

I can see it would be cool to have a t-shirt underneath, but without the flesh arms. it seems pointless.

We all could still imagine there are being mini-breasts under that jacket. ;)

1. That is a really cool character. I would be sad if there really were only a few around. I could not spend that much money on a character that we know we will already see in both of the first two waves.

2. Printed chest piece or not, there are still sleeves on the arms. So unless everyone has to buy an extra sleeveless character, there will be no reason to take off the jacket.

Though, that just about sounds like the right kind of thing for AA to think about so they may actually make more money off of the people buying an extra set in order to get bare arms...

unless someone goes on e-bay and sells all of their minimate arms painted flesh color.