UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Open or not?

Carded? Nooooooo....

If they were tubes I'd say open but carded are rarer than rocking horse shit!

T.

:D Thus my dilemma...

I think I only have 3 'mates MOC - Black Spidey/Venom, Visorless Cyclops/Jean and PP/Mary Jane (which I really should open). I've even opened my CTHD carded mates to display them. These though... I don't know.

I'm an opener. I've only got 2 other action figures MOC - Space Ghost (it's a killer package concept - I just can't bring myself to open it) and the 2003 Con Exclusive Batman. That's it.

Decisions, decisions. :D

Carded? Nooooooo....

If they were tubes I'd say open but carded are rarer than rocking horse shit!

T.

:D Thus my dilemma...

I think I only have 3 'mates MOC - Black Spidey/Venom, Visorless Cyclops/Jean and PP/Mary Jane (which I really should open). I've even opened my CTHD carded mates to display them. These though... I don't know.

I'm an opener. I've only got 2 other action figures MOC - Space Ghost (it's a killer package concept - I just can't bring myself to open it) and the 2003 Con Exclusive Batman. That's it.

Decisions, decisions. :D

I wouldnt open them, put it this way, out of all the Minimates that have been through my hand I have NEVER had a carded Bruce

Dude, the carded Bruce Lee stuff is about as rare as hen's teeth. Trade'em off for tubed versions if you want to crack them. Just to give you idea of how valuable I consider them, when I evacuated for Hurricane Katrina, I took the two carded BL minis I owned. No bullshit. I put them in ziplock bags and they evacuated with me.

Then again, they are yours...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

sorry guys just saw this but what does carded mean?

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm going off TOS Trek Minimates. But there were two types of Minimate packaging initially. The tube style and the carded tube style(?). So I believe that's what they mean when they say carded. Try and find the one's in tubes Reid, that way you don't feel bad about wanting to open them ;)

sorry guys just saw this but what does carded mean?

Carded simply refers to a toy that is packaged in a plastic "bubble" (also sometimes called a "shell") that is glued to a piece of cardboard. Toys that are packaged in this way that are unopened are usually refered to as "carded" or MOC (Mint On Card).

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm going off TOS Trek Minimates. But there were two types of Minimate packaging initially. The tube style and the carded tube style(?). So I believe that's what they mean when they say carded.

Correct. I believe all the earlier 3" mates (except Dark Angel IIRC) were offered in both tubes and carded.

Try and find the one's in tubes Reid, that way you don't feel bad about wanting to open them ;)

Good suggestion. Last thing I need right now is my wife seeing another box of minimates coming through the door... :D

Completely off topic but I'm an opener too and I've really debated about opening my Santa Spidey. Not even in the same class of rareness, I know, but I still want to pop him open and feel his soft furry hat ...

:)

Not off topic - the title of the thread is 'open or not', so you're on topic IMO.

Spidey I'd open. Same with the BSG Elf. They'd be leading their respective minimate armies into battle. (Those suncoast 5 packs have made it real easy to army build the modern Cylons!)

I started collecting (minimates) about 4 or 5 months ago & I 'don't open'. Recently however I purchased a lot of loose 'mates from ebay. They arrived & I turned overnight from interested collector into obsessed fan. The idea was to sell some on & self-finance future waves.The reality is I reluctantly seal them into their padded envelopes & send them off to their new homes. My point is, OK, keep some in their boxes but open,open,open!

Try and find the one's in tubes Reid, that way you don't feel bad about wanting to open them ;)

Good suggestion. Last thing I need right now is my wife seeing another box of minimates coming through the door... :D

Really? That's a shame when I hear that. My wife actually got me into these, as I was always helping someone on the old AA forum find Minimates in my area. When the 10 pack came out, she asked why I wasn't picking up one for myself? Then she heard they were going to do DC stuff, she was definately on board. The rest is legend, as they say :D Right now I have a stack of my Minimates sitting at the dining room table and she hasn't said a peep :lol: Good luck on finding the other sets, with the exception of the Kiss Mates, I still debate going back and getting some of the early stuff.

• 3 months later...