UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

I'm still on the fence when it comes to Doc, since we'll eventually see a regular release, but I like the 2 packs so far.

Why do you think that we will get a regular release of Doc? The feeling on the Joe boards that I frequent, based on Hasbro's recent experience with Joe exclusives, is that this will be it. Plus, it really wouldn't make a lot of sense for Hasbro to eventually release this widely, as it would sour a lot of people from trying to get "exclusives" in the future (why spend 60 bucks to get an exclusive if it eventually becomes available to anyone that just wanted to shell out 6 bucks or whatever?).

On another point related to Doc, do you guys know about this?

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/Redemption_Form-502.jpg

50 battle points for an extra Doc with 6 stickers (up to 3 extras allowed)--really makes the pursuit of these stickers more worthwhile, in my opinion.

Regarding the 2-packs generally, I'm fairly ambivalent. I'm glad that we are getting some of the new figures at all (don't care too much about the "comic" repaints, though), and I really like Breaker, but I'm less enthusiastic about the Dreadnoks and Hawk. And based on the pics, I'm not really excited about the Crimson Twins, either. The quality on many of these seems to be below that of the single packs somehow. . .

I'm not sure if your busting my balls or I'm just tired :unsure: But considering the amount of "exclusives" from the past that have been re-released with a slightly different paint deco or slight design differences is where I was going with what I said. It's just my opinion, but fans are going to get pissed no matter what any toy company does. There are plenty of fans pissed about con exclusives every year because they can't attend. Yet someone goes out of their way to get the exclusives and then they bitch about the shipping costs :rolleyes: My feeling is folks need to lighten up and try not to to take the piss out of collecting. This is a hobby, not a job and should be fun. If you aren't having fun, and most of these guys aren't, you need to get out of the collecting game. It's the nice thing about not being a completist, I can pick and choose who I want in my collection. I'll most likely get Doc, just because I'll have the coupons from the 2 packs. Thanks for the pic of the mail away by the way :thumbsup:

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if your busting my balls or I'm just tired :unsure:

No, no, I just thought that maybe I didn't have some of the information that you did. If you knew that Doc was being released widely, then I would consider selling my points (you can get a goodly amount for them on eBay). Though you do have a point. Doc is really just a repaint of existing Joes with a new head sculpt (that has been the case for most Joes released at this point), so its not like he's that original, anyway. Plus, Hasbro does love to do "comic" repaints, etc., so I wouldn't be overly shocked if we see this guy pop up in a comic two pack colored brightly in the future.

And you are also right that the fans will be pissed, regardless, and will probably keep doing what they have to to get exclusives, regardless of how bad they feel screwed. However, it seems like a lot of people are buying the 2 packs just for those stickers (I'm not one of them--I want all the different characters :) ), and those guys would be particularly pissed if Hasbro made them jump through hoops and then told them they didn't need to.

If only people were less serious about collecting. I could not get paid enough to deal with the madness of SDCC or something similar--with people basically trampling each other for toys. Seriously.

Sorry I haven't been posting much in the past few days. Having a little spat with comcast. They have given me two new cable boxes that didn't work. I've had two techs over and they couldn't figure it out. I haven't been able to get to K Mart to check for the Cobra or Joe boxsets. I get paid tomorrow so I hope they do.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought some of you UK Action Force fans might get a kick out of this:

P1010214.jpg

A guy on yojoe.com did this for me. Red Laser is one of my all time favorite wacky/cool Joe repaints, and I'm glad to have a 25th anniversary version.

Nice!!

I used to have him, he was probably in my all time top five Action-Force figures.

Thanks for posting the pic

:)

• 4 weeks later...

OK I am sure all the Joe fans here know of the exclusive Cobra Commander from the club. Are there any club members on here? I am looking for one to help me get this figure without joining the club as it is $63 to join it here! They say this figure will be available to club members to purchase more then the one free one so is there anyone on here that would be willing to please help me out? :)

Jeff of the Miniacs

I picked up a 1:18 scale Hot Wheels motorcycle from Wal-Mart tonight for about 4 bucks, and this is the result:

P1010237.jpg

This helps to give the Dreadnoks a little more character, I think. I got the idea from a guy at hisstank, and now that I know this brand and scale works so well, I'm going to pick up 2 or 3 more (for the other 'Noks, and possibly one for Zartan).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone buy these by the case from an online retailer? I'm getting tired of endless searching Target, Walmart, and KMart.

Does anyone buy these by the case from an online retailer? I'm getting tired of endless searching Target, Walmart, and KMart.

I've currently got a case of every forthcoming wave on pre-order from Big Bad Toy Store. I believe that they still have a few past waves of single figures in stock.

I've currently got a case of every forthcoming wave on pre-order from Big Bad Toy Store. I believe that they still have a few past waves of single figures in stock.

Thanks for the info. I saw them and cornerstone comics and wondered if people liked one over the other.

Thanks for the info. I saw them and cornerstone comics and wondered if people liked one over the other.

One of the good things about BBTS is their "Pile of Loot" option. With that, you can pre-order or order as much as you want, and you can save on shipping by telling them when you want things shipped. Further, with Cornerstore comics, I'm fairly sure that you have to pay for pre-orders right away. With BBTS, you pay when your items come in, and up to that point, you can cancel if you find what you are looking for cheaper elsewhere or change your mind. You can even cancel things that are in your "Pile," though your money gets stored as store credit (there is a fee if you want your money refunded).

One of the good things about BBTS is their "Pile of Loot" option. With that, you can pre-order or order as much as you want, and you can save on shipping by telling them when you want things shipped. Further, with Cornerstore comics, I'm fairly sure that you have to pay for pre-orders right away. With BBTS, you pay when your items come in, and up to that point, you can cancel if you find what you are looking for cheaper elsewhere or change your mind. You can even cancel things that are in your "Pile," though your money gets stored as store credit (there is a fee if you want your money refunded).

sweet. Thanks for the info. BBTS seems a no brainer.

Between Target and Walmart in the last two days I picked up Cobra Viper, H.I.S.S. Driver, Spirit, Wild Bill, and the next version of Snake Eyes! I was so excited to see these on the pegs it seems like it has been too long between the last wave and this one. I loved my H.I.S.S. tank and driver as a kid they were my favorite so I can't wait till the actual Black tank shows up in stores.

I picked up a Viper last weekend and it was the only thing on the pegs. 2 weeks ago there were tons of HISS tanks and the other 2 vehicles and now they are all gone. I totally thought I'd be able to pick them up later. Hopefully will restock soon

I picked up a Viper last weekend and it was the only thing on the pegs. 2 weeks ago there were tons of HISS tanks and the other 2 vehicles and now they are all gone. I totally thought I'd be able to pick them up later. Hopefully will restock soon

I wouldn't hold me breath. Target exclusives have a tendency to appear for a couple of weeks and then disappear. I saw the exclusive vehicles at Target 1 time, and now, the display is gone completely. Speed Racer figures have replaced them.

In other news, the SDCC 25th Joe exclusive has been announced--Cobra Commander in a suit behind a Cobra podium!! Check out http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...C6D5D39FF3583B1 for the video. I would like to have a 25th-style suit, but I'm not going too far out of my way to get this one.

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...

If I would have never came across the DC mates in VA beach then i would be buying the New Joes... :(

• 1 month later...

Thought some of you might be interested in this, anyway:

http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=3466

:)

Target exclusive. . .meaning I will probably never see one in person. . .

--edit: maybe I will!:

http://www.target.com/Hasbro-CHLD-GIJO-3-7...0joe&page=1

Edited by karamazov80