UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just felt like sharing

Whoah, kool pic! No wonder im having a hard time finding these guys! :P

I found some of series two and three at target so here is where i am at...

Wave One, still need Flint and Cobra Officer

Wave Two, need Lady Jaye and Serpentor ( i think Cobra Enemy is the same one from the boxed set)

Wave Three, have them all (one complete wave!)

Wave Four, none, all re-issues

Wave Five, all

Wave Six, all

Joes and Cobra Leigons Boxed Sets

I love this series so far. Ive got everything except wave 4 and the Cobra legions boxed set (which i dont really want anyway) Series 5 just Turned up today (flash, SnowJob IG destro etc etc). Im pretty much a loose collector but thse are the first figures ive kept moc for a long time. I just love the Packaging

I picked up some of the comic packs from waves 1 and 2 last week (Scarlett/Hawk, Breaker/Destro, Torch/Ripper). I'm really happy with Breaker, but the other new sculpts seem less than up to the quality we have seen from the single and five packs thus far. . .

I've only got the Crimson Guard from wave 5, but I'm keeping an eye peeled for the rest of them. Below is my collection as of now. I got a little carried away with the 12 dollar Legions box sets from Amazon last month, so Cobra has a lot of troopers, but G.I. Joe's recruitment of Krypto the Superdog, as well as Bizarro Cobra Commander and Destro helps to balance the equation a bit, despite the fact that Roadblock is passed out drunk:

P1010191.jpg

P1010192.jpg

I find it funny that you put your Storm Shadow on the Joe side as well. I mean I know that's his modern Joe costume, but still, it's amusing.

Bad continuity problems here. I also have 2 Snake Eyes' on the Joe team at the same time. Oh well, its a fictional world, why not have 3 Storm Shadows all fighting at once!

Oh your poor castrated Megatron. He looks like he's got some sort of sick STD

--Yeesh--

I just scored a ton of these. They are very cool and very nostalgic to us kids of the 80s. I remember using the hovercraft in my pool. Damn thing would only stay afloat for so long.

I'm missing Ripper and the Cobra officer from wave 2. I haven't even seen Wave 4 or 5 yet. The two packs are nowhere in site either! I've been keeping my stuff MOC as well. I love the art on the cards. I did get the Cobra Legions but I still want the regular Cobra and Joe packs.

If anyone is looking for the cobra legions pack and has a target near by go check it out, the target near me had them reduced to $17 a set.

T.

Yep I got the Cobra Legions, GJ Joe, and Cobra 5 packs for $17 each.

Yo Joe!

If anyone is looking for the cobra legions pack and has a target near by go check it out, the target near me had them reduced to $17 a set.

T.

Yep I got the Cobra Legions, GJ Joe, and Cobra 5 packs for $17 each.

Yo Joe!

Dam I would love that Cobra 5 pack! is there anyone who could hook a brother up with one of these on sale beauties?? PM me please!!

Jeff of the Minis

Pictures of the wave 7 figures have been posted. I am geeking out over these, as usual. Gots to get 2 Dukes so that I can outfit my Stalker appropriately.

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...D12784706237A31

And if you don't know where the American flag and jet pack come from:

Quick question for those who know(sorry bad pun, lol), how many Crimson Guards were there and who's elite soldiers were they CC or Destro's? I'm thinking I might pick these up eventually as army builders, but wasn't sure on how many I should have? I totally missed out on the Target sale and hope my local Fred Meyer's puts them on sale at a ridiculously low price again. A friend of the families son is really into these and Star Wars figures. My wife bought his sister those POTC figures (the larger action figures, not the small one's). She started talking about how cool the figures were compared to the small one's out. In true Padawan fashion, he simple replied, "Star Wars figures are small and they aren't as cool as Star Wars". I swear I teared up from laughing so hard, from the mouths of babes :lol:

There were lots of Crimson Guards, though I'm not sure that a precise number was ever given. There are fewer of the "siegies" than there are of the regular troops or Vipers, however, because the Crimson Guard are the elite Cobra trooper. Each has to have a degree in accounting or law (according to the file card), and each is given specialized training, as these troops infiltrate civil society posing as everyday, upper-middle class yuppies. Also, each is given plastic surgery so that each one looks the same (they are all named "Fred"). So, Cobra invests a lot in them, and they are not "wasted on the battlefield." Curiously, If one of these soldiers dies, another replaces him by taking over the role of father/husband in his family, and the kids/wife are expected to adjust.

I guess Cobra Commander controls them. I stopped reading the comics around issue 50, so I don't know much about Destro's own troops, but these are "Cobra" soldiers, so they would presumably be under the "Cobra Commander." When Destro broke off, his troops were called the "Iron Grenadiers"--but I'm not sure if any of these troops are siegies or not. Their more immediate bosses are the Crimson Guard Commanders--Xamot and Tomax.

Are these easy to find stateside? I haven't seen any in the UK yet and i really want to get a few of these guys.

Gotta get Duke and Cobra commander v1, they were my 2 favourites (all those years ago), even though my Duke lost both his thumbs:)

Are these easy to find stateside? I haven't seen any in the UK yet and i really want to get a few of these guys.

Gotta get Duke and Cobra commander v1, they were my 2 favourites, even though my Duke lost both his thumbs:)

Some are easier than others to get. The 2 you mention (I'm assuming the helmeted Cobra Commander) were first available in separate 5 packs which costed from $25-30 each--those are pretty easy to find. More recently, wave 4 of the single carded figures had each of those figures released on its own (5-6 dollars each). However, that wave has been really hard to find in some places (including where I live). Your cheapest bet would probably be to buy those 2 guys loose from the 5 pack, as a lot of people bought the 5 packs and have sold the individual figures separately on eBay (particularly Cobra Commander, b/c people bought the Cobra pack just to army build the Trooper that came with it).

If you can't find someone to ship it to you cheap on eBay, I would be happy to play the go-between for you (though you would have to pay for shipping twice that way. . .).

HEADS UP Joe's!! Make sure to check your comic 2 packs now that there's a mail away offer :confused: Someone on another forum is spotting them sliced down the side to take whatever is needed to get the mail away Don. Of course these are the same assholes that piss and moan on forums about the cost of figures and exclusives :rolleyes: I agree with what the author of that thread said, "A thief is a thief in my book, not a collector". Especially since all they are doing is making it harder for the rest that do collect <_<

That sucks, sorry to hear about that TM2. Some of my buddies were in the same boat and telling me about it when it was happening. I'm still hoping this is a isolated incident and won't spread to my area. I'm still on the fence when it comes to Doc, since we'll eventually see a regular release, but I like the 2 packs so far.

I'm still on the fence when it comes to Doc, since we'll eventually see a regular release, but I like the 2 packs so far.

Why do you think that we will get a regular release of Doc? The feeling on the Joe boards that I frequent, based on Hasbro's recent experience with Joe exclusives, is that this will be it. Plus, it really wouldn't make a lot of sense for Hasbro to eventually release this widely, as it would sour a lot of people from trying to get "exclusives" in the future (why spend 60 bucks to get an exclusive if it eventually becomes available to anyone that just wanted to shell out 6 bucks or whatever?).

On another point related to Doc, do you guys know about this?

http://www.gijoeclub.com/images/Redemption_Form-502.jpg

50 battle points for an extra Doc with 6 stickers (up to 3 extras allowed)--really makes the pursuit of these stickers more worthwhile, in my opinion.

Regarding the 2-packs generally, I'm fairly ambivalent. I'm glad that we are getting some of the new figures at all (don't care too much about the "comic" repaints, though), and I really like Breaker, but I'm less enthusiastic about the Dreadnoks and Hawk. And based on the pics, I'm not really excited about the Crimson Twins, either. The quality on many of these seems to be below that of the single packs somehow. . .