UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

The ROC line has some real gems in it. (Such as Firefly, Destro, and Storm Shadow to name a few)

I've gotten WAY more ROC figs than 25th Joes because of the 2 for 10 sales and a bunch of coupons I've had. Most of them have gone straight to the fodder bin, or have been made into "original" characters, but like I said, a few have made it into my collection. They fit in very nicely ;)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Finally found Resolute Snake Eyes! Awesome figure, but the bar that goes through the pelvis that the legs connect to is a little loose. I guess I'll have to operate!

I also bought a spare if anyone wants to trade for a couple of spare Minimates (or possibly other items- I'm post #24 in the W/H thread).

• 3 months later...

So I saw some news on jedidefender.com that Ross had the Defense of Cobra Island sets for 16.99. I don't normally go there to look for stuff but my toy senses were screaming that I should head over there. I have been wanting the Cobra set so much but everywhere is only selling it along with the Joe set (which I don't want) or for way too much. So I went over there on my lunch break and BAM they had a bunch so I picked up this amazing set seen here at BBTS. They are selling both sets for 60$ and I got one for 17$!!! I had given up on ever getting this set so this find makes me incredibly happy!

They also had a bunch of SW Mighty Muggs for 5$ so I got a bunch of those too (they were ones that were only available online so that was also a great find for me too).

• 6 months later...

For anyone else bitten by the GI Joe bug, here are some updates:

1) A 25th style Dailtone will be available 2011 via Collectors Club.

2) POC Wave 2 is out. The POC (Pursuit of Cobra) line has an Easter Egg. Several of the figures are styled after the Predator movie. The upcoming Cobra Shadowtracker will serve as the Predator (using the mask that comes with Wave 1 Firefly).

3) A 25th style Lowlight hits shelves in 2011.

4) More 25th style vehicles are hitting Ross stores. $8.99 will get you a Stinger, Arctic Hiss, Ghosthawk, or Claw/Artillery combo.

5) TJ Maxx and Ross are also carrying deeply discounted 25th and ROC vehicles.

6) Big Lots is carrying comic 2 packs and individual figures.

Huge Joe Fan and verry active on Hisstank.com.

What 2 packs are at Big Lots?

I'm spending more time on Hisstank. The Joe bug bit me hard this past year with all the discounted 25th figures. I even joined the Collectors Club to buy the Adventure Team sets. I can't wait for Dail-Tone.

At Big Lots I saw:

Individuals-RPG Cobra, Cobra Paratrooper, Cobra Flint, and Pilot Scarlett.

2Packs-Destro/Shockblast, TunnelRat/StormShadow, Beachhead/Mainframe, Hardmaster/SnakeEyes...They were $10 each. TJMaxx had the same ones for $6.99.

5) TJ Maxx and Ross are also carrying deeply discounted 25th and ROC vehicles.

6) Big Lots is carrying comic 2 packs and individual figures.

Huge Joe Fan and verry active on Hisstank.com.

What 2 packs are at Big Lots?

I'm spending more time on Hisstank. The Joe bug bit me hard this past year with all the discounted 25th figures. I even joined the Collectors Club to buy the Adventure Team sets. I can't wait for Dail-Tone.

At Big Lots I saw:

Individuals-RPG Cobra, Cobra Paratrooper, Cobra Flint, and Pilot Scarlett.

2Packs-Destro/Shockblast, TunnelRat/StormShadow, Beachhead/Mainframe, Hardmaster/SnakeEyes...They were $10 each. TJMaxx had the same ones for $6.99.

You just made my day! I really need a Destro Shockwave. Will check it out on my way home.

BTW: Did the same as you, joined club for Dr Venom and can not wait for Dialtone.

I picked up a variant of that Devil's Due guy a couple weeks ago from TJ Maxx (can't remember his name--he's blue and translucent). I don't know why. I honestly have no use for the guy. If anyone here wants him loose, let me know.

I picked up a variant of that Devil's Due guy a couple weeks ago from TJ Maxx (can't remember his name--he's blue and translucent). I don't know why. I honestly have no use for the guy. If anyone here wants him loose, let me know.

I got that one at TJ Maxx too that is actually a variant and a great find at 3.99.

I got that one at TJ Maxx too that is actually a variant and a great find at 3.99.

I think mine cost more than that, but maybe not? Will have to check. . .they had others there. $4 is a pretty good price. That's less than these first cost at Wal-Mart.

Edited by karamazov80

Just got Destro/Shockwave at Big Lots for 10 bucks thanks a gain for the tip. Sadly I now have every 25th figure available at Big Lots/Ross/TJ Maxx/MArshals. Awaiting finding a Kamakra ROC at TJ Maxx as I just saw a pic of one online at their stores.

• 1 month later...