UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

I said that I was going to wait to watch it all at once, but I broke down and watched the first two episodes of Resolute.

That is the coolest cartoon I have seen in a while! I can't wait to watch the full movie tomorrow night at 11pm!

DOnt feel bad lol. Ive watched the first episode a few times to keep myself from watching all of the released episodes thus far in anticipation of the complete "movie".

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THat is exactly how I felt. If I had to give Resolute a grade I'd say a C is fair. I understand the rushed feeling is because it was compiled of several 4-6 minute episodes, but it needed more Cobra Commander... Not enough screen time. <_< He was such a great villain,

but the end with his fate being unclear pissed me off. And how the hell would he of survived that!? THe series lost any realism when Scarlett/Duke matrix'd all those Cobra, and magically never got shot. And at the end all the planes magically fly away in time... just... damn.

I'm curious where this is all going. Will this be an on-going thing sometime?

I don't think so. If it was I don't know where they would go from here

seeing how they killed off 3 major villains. Let's face it can they really create another Storm Shadow or Zartan? Although firefly was noticeably absent.

I thought Firefly was the guy who shot the rocket/video thing into the UN.

As for an ongoing show, it would be easy enough to focus on CC, Baroness, Destro, Dr. Mindbender, Serpentor, Firefly, Zartan (who mysteriously survives) and the Dreadnoks, Crimson Twins, etc. etc. It is dumb that they killed three of the heavy hitters, IMO, but certainly nothing that they can't work around, if the ratings justify it. There are still plenty of villains remaining.

Edited by karamazov80

I also thought it odd that there was only one major Joe to die. Seemed a little unbalanced.

Particularly considering that there are scores and scores of "named" Joes, and relatively few "major" Cobra characters, especially in the pre-1986 period.

I think that their biggest problem is that they killed Storm Shadow, and not only did they kill him but then they show his grave that Snake Eyes literally put him in. Any villain aimed at snake eyes now would only be an imitation.

I have a gut feeling that maybe Ellis didn't like the whole ninja feud thing, but was forced to include it by Hasbro so they could make some toys. So, he did what he had to, but made sure that he wouldn't have to come back to it later by killing Snake Eyes' ninja antagonist (of course, they could make Firefly or Cobra Commander a ninja as I believe they did in the comic, or they could bring in Ninja Force, but we can pray that they won't). Honestly, I like the idea of using Snake Eyes as a bad-ass Joe commando/ninja, without having the story revolve around him.

And when did Dial Tone have his 'operation' anyway?

Oh man. Funniest thing I've heard all day. Still, she was cute.

EDIT: Crap. I've gotta have this. http://www.hisstank.com/gi-joe-news/gi-joe...ve-destro-8316/

Could you post a pic of that it won't let me view it without joining the board which I do not want to really do.

Not that interesting, IMO. SDCC exclusive Destro movie toy in a fake book:

post-1827-1240862554_thumb.jpg

post-1827-1240862530_thumb.jpg

Joints look similar to last year's SDCC Cobra Commander. Wonder if he will still have the huge, Indiana Jones-sized neck peg?

Might interest some Dr. Who collectors, though.

Edited by karamazov80

I was totally stoked to win a color-changing Zartan and a hooded "good guy" Storm Shadow lot on eBay for $10 delivered last week. They arrived in the mail today and Zartan had a seriously bad paint app on one eye giving him the "lazy eye" look. I was horrified! The file cards were packed in facing the figures too, so they got little creases and indentions from the figures' weapons & stands. Not a huge deal, but easily avoidable. My great haul was suddenly not-so-great! Luckily, I contacted the seller who was super-cool and promptly offered many different ways to resolve the problem.

I swear if there's one factory defect out of a million, I'll get it! :wallbash:

Actually, that eye issue was more the rule than the exception. Mine has it. Think of it as his "chameleon" genes coming through. In any case, I wouldn't blame the seller for that. If you want Zartan with good eyes, don't get the wave 3 version.

I believe they were green in the cartoon, but plain white on the original figure. Personally, I would probably go with white. We already have a green-eyed villain in Destro.

Of course, the "cleavage-showing" Lady Jaye I got today had a fused foot. Ten seconds in my hand and she's missing a foot! At least that DVD pack is plentiful at retail...

Of course, the "cleavage-showing" Lady Jaye I got today had a fused foot. Ten seconds in my hand and she's missing a foot! At least that DVD pack is plentiful at retail...

I am laughing so hard right now.