UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every episode up to 6 is now on Youtube. I've got to say, I'm beginning to really dig it. Ep. 6 has some great action, and Zartan!

For international members who can't see it for whatever reason, check out this link:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/679837-post163.html

Yo Joe! Convoy go!

Alright. Buying into that for half a second, how did seconds earlier

Scarlet peg a guy

from dozens of yards away, while sliding down a hill, with the exact same weapon? See, it just makes no sense. Even body armor would have been a viable excuse.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Just watched 7 and 8. Though I dig the show, they seemed to have thought of this as a "one-off" kind of thing. The killing of major characters in this way is really closing some doors for storylines for sequels.

Just watched 7 and 8. Though I dig the show, they seemed to have thought of this as a "one-off" kind of thing. The killing of major characters in this way is really closing some doors for storylines for sequels.

Dead characters leads to replacement characters which leads to new figures which leads to $$$ for Hasbro :biggrin:

Edited by boyd

I just watched #6. The only thing I object to is them and Cobra standing in a hallway 20 feet apart, and neither can hit the other one.

Episode 9 will probably piss you off even more. :)

Scarlet and Duke are surrounded in oil drums, taking shots from at least 20 cobra troopers, and not one of the drums explodes?!?!?

Sure, Zartan blows them up with a missile, but instead of the Joe's dying, they just get propelled into the air. :(

WHere are you finding all of these?? I cna only get up to episode 5. :(

Hisstank has links on their front page. Personally, after watching episode 9,

I'm liking this thing much less than I initially did. Killing Storm Shadow AND Zartan?? WTF? I guess Dino is right, and they are trying to "end" the original cartoon--by killing everyone of interest.

WHere are you finding all of these?? I cna only get up to episode 5. :(

You can see them all here.

Adult Swim sites videos wont play for me anymore. :\

And I just watched 8 & 9. Wow....

Scarlett is the matrix, not only did Stormshadows voice suck but so did the amount of teenage angst they gave him, and then they kill him, and Zartan had like two lines!

Good point. I remember that comic from when I was a kid, and man, it was cool to see new characters show up. Until you picked up their figures and saw that they sucked.

I actually liked some of BF 2000 at the time, it's just in hindsight that, to me, they really, really suck :D

Not related to Resolute, kinda a random question, but does Hasbro have plans for Slice and Dice?

I don't think they've already made them, have they?

I doubt it. Characters that came out in the 1990s (actually, past 1986 for the most part) haven't had much love at all by Hasbro in the 25th Anniversary line. I think their target are the collectors who are nostalgic about the figures from the time period when the Sunbow cartoon came out. But, who knows? After the movie figures come and (thankfully) go, maybe they will come back strong with Cobra La, Eco-Warriors, Ninja Force, etc. Or, maybe not :)

Edited by karamazov80

They did Slice N Dice for VvV, but I haven't heard anything about 25th. Sorry.

EDIT1: Just watched episode 9. confused0043.gif

Really? Honestly? Really? That was... wow. WTF man? confused0043.gifconfused0043.gif

EDIT2:

Is Destro supposed to sound like Sean Conrey?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Adult Swim sites videos wont play for me anymore. :\

And I just watched 8 & 9. Wow....

Scarlett is the matrix, not only did Stormshadows voice suck but so did the amount of teenage angst they gave him, and then they kill him, and Zartan had like two lines!

5 minute episodes dont leave a whole lot of time for idle conversation.

Destro has always been Scottish, so that is faithful to the original concept.

I agree, some of the action was silly, and some was REALLY silly. I had a hard time believing that Duke and Scarlett could just stand up amongst a hail of gunfire from all sides, and methodically pick off Vipers. By the time she did her Matrix-y fly through the air while firing, I completely gave up on believability. Also, I don't really know why there was a need for Roadblock and Gung Ho to switch weapons, but eh, whatever.

I'm quite surprised that they killed Zartan AND Storm Shadow, especially considering how much of a fan favorite Storm Shadow is. The fight with Snake Eyes was pretty sweet, especially when Snake Eyes broke the sword that had been run through his hand. The whole "he taught YOU the Seventh Step?" felt like it came right out of Kill Bill, but I suppose Kill Bill took it from countless other kung fu movies.

On the whole, I really enjoyed it. I hope that future episodes will allow for more character development. Yo Joe!