UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

More of the obscure!

MINI_MYTE

What a shocker it was to see "Ma Hunkel" of all characters makin' the cut in series 5. If DCD decides to continue with this trend, who else would make a great OBSCURE addition to the DC minimates line in the future?

P.S: I'm talking OBSCURE CHARACTERS!

From the not too distant past, I would say Spoiler. She winds up being Robin for what... one day and then bites the big one? Now that would be an obscure character to make since she was a rather obscure character to introduce in the first place.

Man, I'm a little out of place here, I don't know alot about the DC Universe, I've never been a huge fan. Most of my experience comes from JL and JLU. My choices may not be as obscure as some of you guys answers. However, I'd like to see:

The Question - he was my favorite new character from JLU. I've never seen him in a comic before, I didn't even know he exsisted before JLU so that's obscure to me :). I'm make him come with a nice, removable blank-face/hat combo.

Red Hood - I know that right now he's kind of a main stream bad guy, but he is pretty obscure I think. He doesn't really belong anywhere, but I like him. He should come with a crooked dagger and a remobable red...hood......, lol.

Hush - Sure, Hush at the time was huge, but where is he now? Actually, I don't know. If he has come back please forgive me, again I don't follow DC books. However, if he hasn't he is pretty dang obscure. He was a huge part of what I believe is one of the greatest modern day Bat stories and then he is gone without a trace, that sounds obscure to me. Of course, he would come packing 2 revolvers.

Huntress - do you guys see a trend, Batman is the main DC hero I follow. I know that Huntress may be a little more mainstream since Birds of Prey, but overall she is a pretty obscure character and I'd like to see her. She needs to come with a sweet crossbow and staff

Red Robot Guy from JLU - Ok, I'll stop with this one. I don't know his name but he looked kind of like a DC version of War Machine, only red. He could shoot missles and stuff. He looked pretty cool. I would buy him. They should include missles and maybe a Hand-Blast kind of thing? and also a removable helmet.....unless his like a robot, I'm not sure.

To be honest, I'm really liking this line. It's introducing me to a lot of DC people I've never heard of before. Wikipedia has been busy :). neo

How about these:

Doctor Double X--no, get your minds out of the gutter! He was a villian who plagued Batman and Robin through the Silver Age. He created of himself an energy duplicate that could fly and shoot energy blasts. At one point, he even made an energy duplicate of Batman. They could release a two pack of Dr X (regular figure) and Double X (clear version of figure with energy blasts).

Also, Rainbow Raider, a Flash villian who used light to induce strong emotions in others.

Here is a pic of both villians in action (a fun comic, too!):

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=37014&zoom=4

Others I can think of:

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum (golden age Batman villians)

Getaway Genius (saw him in the centerfold of Batman's Villains digest comic, never gound who ihe is, but he appears in the recent Showcase: Batman edition).

Tawky Tawny (so Captain Marvel has someone to pal around with--I plan on using the upcoming Tony the Tiger Minimate to make a custom of tawky!)

Mr Banjo (a golden age Captain marvel villian, although he's probably not much of a challenge to the Big Red Cheese).

I do agree the Question would be totally cool. But what about Jonah Hex. Remember that one Batman the Animated Series episode where Ra’s Al Ghul tells Batman about his adventures in the Wild West with his son? Well the deformed bounty hunter who is after them was Jonah Hex.

Also it would be cool the get Ragman, he made his own series in the mid 70’s but was brought back in the 90’s. In this later story he was Gotham and met up with both the Mythical Golem (who would also make a sweet mate) and Batman.

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, I'd be happy with a wave made up entirely of Green Lanterns Corps.

There's over 3600 to choose from.

Jo