UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wednesday: Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch

bluesparrow

Hey Ady, what time's the big reveal tomorrow?

When I get round to it :P

In all seriousness (becuase timezones confuse me) go look at the timestamp on the first post for Mon, Tues & Weds announcements, average it out and thats roughly when I'll post it. Possibly

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two Minimates, are, of course in my opinion, the most perfect Minimates I've ever seen. They really look like Scarlet Witch and Qucksilver. Really really. Plus, these are the best 2-Pack pairings I've EVER heard of. EVER. In any line at all. :woot:

Oh, and my guess as to the last one?

Ant-Man & Wasp (as others have stated)

Or Wonder Man & Vision

Hawkeye might be in there too... :huh:

For those with their money on Ant-man and Wasp:

Do you think they will be in classic or modern costumes – i.e., will it be Ant-man or Yellowjacket? There is an Ant-man movie rumored to be in the works, and his ant helmet would be mighty cool...

I think it would be the classic costumes so they fit in with the rest of the wave. Probably!

Hot Damn. Very nice. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? They look spot on, just perfect, to me.

I'm very happy. If we get Hawkeye and say Wasp or Vision or Black Panther, or even Giant Man, I'll be on top of the world.

And not to sound unappreciative of the wave 16 goodies, but I hope for a few waves after at least, we continue to get comic characters like this (Defenders, more comic X-Men, villians, etc).

As the necessary parts for Hawkeye are already in the pipe with Green Arrow coming, I'll be really surprised if he's not in the mix tomorrow. That said, a "logical" pairing for tomorrow would be Yellowjacket and Wasp, considering both are considered classic Avengers and both are current in the comics right now. I'd love a Vision mate, but he's been out of the picture in the comics for almost two years now.

In any case, this looks like a great wave, and I'll be thrilled with whoever turns up.

Well, technically, you're right, since the Vision that's appearing in Young Avengers is considered a new entity.

Anyhow, if you'll pardon the use of my Caps Lock... GRAND SLAM!!! GRAND SLAM!!!! My all-time favorite female Avenger is finally here! This is a HUGE step forward for my collection! I cannot wait for this wave to be released, now. Thank you, DST!

I'm loving all of these so far -- very easily the best wave ever as other people have already stated. I also wanted to say how much I love the daily announcements. It would be fun if they did this every time another wave was announced. I'm always thrilled to see anything new, but spacing it out over a week allows each mate to be appreciated, dissected and critiqued. Plus it allows the suspense to build for the next announcement. Whether or not they do this again, thanks DST, for not only this already superior new wave, but also for trying to make things even more enjoyable for us fans.

I'm loving all of these so far -- very easily the best wave ever as other people have already stated. I also wanted to say how much I love the daily announcements. It would be fun if they did this every time another wave was announced. I'm always thrilled to see anything new, but spacing it out over a week allows each mate to be appreciated, dissected and critiqued. Plus it allows the suspense to build for the next announcement. Whether or not they do this again, thanks DST, for not only this already superior new wave, but also for trying to make things even more enjoyable for us fans.

Agreed. Frustrating as it is waiting for each set to be unveiled, it has really amped up my desire for this release. Thanks DST for breathing new life into my love for minimates!

Just don't do this type of propoganda for any future filler waves. "Come on, come on, come on....here's the announcement: Thanos and Silver Surfer?! Don't we already have those?"

The current line-up is outstanding. The slight part reuse is understandable, as the parts fit the characters. Even the variant fits the rest of the wave. Regardless of who is revealed tomorrow, we're looking at the best line yet. Here's hoping to a future filled with heavy hitters like this.

At this point I'm not sure I want Hawkeye to be announced tomorrow.

So far this wave has been well-received and looks like it's going to sell. Adding Hawkeye would be great, but Hawkeye is going to sell no matter what wave he's in. Wouldn't this be a great place to put some of the more obscure Avengers, like Black Panther, Swordsman or Jocasta? Like Thunderbird in the X-Men box set - give the harder-to-sell Avengers a boost by selling them with the big guns.

Hawkeye could be the big release in a second Avengers wave, like Thor was treated in this wave. The second Avengers wave could have some of the big guns (Wasp, Ant-Man, Vision), some other Avengers (Sub-Mariner, Black Knight, Hercules), and a villian (Ultron).

At this point I'm not sure I want Hawkeye to be announced tomorrow.

So far this wave has been well-received and looks like it's going to sell. Adding Hawkeye would be great, but Hawkeye is going to sell no matter what wave he's in. Wouldn't this be a great place to put some of the more obscure Avengers, like Black Panther, Swordsman or Jocasta? Like Thunderbird in the X-Men box set - give the harder-to-sell Avengers a boost by selling them with the big guns.

Hawkeye could be the big release in a second Avengers wave, like Thor was treated in this wave. The second Avengers wave could have some of the big guns (Wasp, Ant-Man, Vision), some other Avengers (Sub-Mariner, Black Knight, Hercules), and a villian (Ultron).

well i like the idea of Swordsman in the wave :)

but i think Black Panter would sell very good too so maybe a double pack with Hawkeye?

There's some strange rumor going around the DC board that the next two will be She-Hulk and Wonder Man.

:whistling:

hmm maybe a good variant-like character for Wonderman is Vision?

but his Ionic Wonderman version is more likely

Absolutly incredible minimates! Long over-due, but well worth the wait. I was expecting more of a Scarlet Witch/Vision pairing, but this is an even more of an appropriate pairing. If not in this particular series, then my vote goes for a "men(?)-of-Wanda"pair of Vision/Wonderman for a future release(just,hopefully, not so far in the future!). My only gripe(and it really is a minor one) is that I personally would have preferred Quicksilver(in "brotherhood-green") as the variant instead of "Thunderstrike" Thor (not that there's anything wrong with him...nice fig. too); perhaps in a future "classic" X-men wave (along with Angel, Beast, Sabretooth, etc.). My money's still on Hawkeye/?(so many choices) for tomorrow's surprise.

There's some strange rumor going around the DC board that the next two will be She-Hulk and Wonder Man.

:whistling:

[/quote

As much as I'd love to have both of those, I hope they are wrong. I think that She-Hulk needs to appear in a future series where she can fill the requirement of "variant" (as in: She-Hulk with FF She-Hulk variant). That, and I selfishly need to see Hawkeye in this series! Besides, since when do fans of "the distinguished competition" know (or care) what occurs in the "mighty(frustrating)marvel universe"?!LOL

I still can't help but feel that these announcements, kick-ass new sculpts aside, are dwarfed by the prospect of five new waves of DC Minimates with new sculpts also. Well, I suppose I'm forgetting the X3 and Ghost Rider waves (which also have new sculpts), but still...