* Superman: TAS vol 1-3

* Batman Beyond vol 1-2

* Justice League vol 1-2

* Justice League Unlimited vol 1

* Teen Titans vol 1-2

* The Batman vol 1-2

Upcoming

* Batman Beyond vol 3 (3-20-07)

* Justice League Unlimited vol 2 (3-20-07)

* The Batman vol 3 (4-10-07)

* Teen Titans vol 3 (4-10-07)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Lurch. Reminds me that it's going to be an expensive trip to Best Buy next week. Two Seasons of DC Cartoons, a movie, and, I think, Lois & Clark: Season 3?

White it will be a big week, Justice League is the only Must-Have release. I was never a huge fan of the Animated Superman Series. Superman has just never been interesting to me. That of course was before Justice League and Smallville. Now I can tolerate Supes, as long as Flash or Batman or Green Lantern or Wonderwoman is there to make up for it.

Yes. my point exactly, neo. Before I absolutly despised Supes, but now, If The JL is with him, he's OK!

BTW: Just like neo said, JL season 2 is the only must-have for me!

Did anyone see Superman: Brainiac Attacks? I saw it on Cartoon Network this past Sat and I'm soo glad I did, it saved me the trouble of wanting to buy it. It sucked big time! Different voices for Lex and Brainiac, didn't fit in with the rest of the S:TAS & JLU world, just plain horrible all around. DO NOT BUY this movie!! Catch it on Cartoon Network or rent it if you really feel the need to see it, otherwise skip it and you'll be better off ;)

and were is braniac 5

he's the guy on Superboys left that's extending his next. Remember people, this looks close to what Teen Titans did when it first came out and look how great that turned out. Of course I have never read LOSH but it must be good to get a tv series. :P

Hmm, I would think the guy stretching his neck would be "Chameleon Boy"? But he's the wrong color...oh my.

When Teen Titans first came out I thought uck. But it grew on me to the point I had to watch it every week.

Teen Titans had a great story line, even with the cartoonish anime style. If Legion of Superheroes has great writers then it too should be great.

Did anyone see Superman: Brainiac Attacks? ...It sucked big time! ...just plain horrible all around. DO NOT BUY this movie!! ...

What does everyone else think? I was going to buy it (cuz I'm a completist and I want the movie pass), but if it stinks that bad, I'll just pay my way into Superman Returns...

I'm on Volume 3 Disc 3 of B:TAS & I'm confused. Some of the episodes have the new "Adventures of Batman & Robin" intro and some have the old one. I know that these episodes aren't in exact order of airing date, but are they even remotely close to being in "official" order???

What does everyone else think? I was going to buy it (cuz I'm a completist and I want the movie pass), but if it stinks that bad, I'll just pay my way into Superman Returns...
What you don't believe me? :P lol, jk; S:TAS season 3 comes with movie cash too, so you could go that way. Brainiac attacks was just bad all around:

* different voices for Brianiac & Luthor (Luthor was voiced by Powers Booth, who usually does Grodd), such a minor detail but really messes you up when watching

* does NOT fit in with rest of the TAS/JL world; "Writer Duane Capizzi, who is a supervising producer for the television series The Batman wrote the script for this movie. In an interview conducted with Toonzone.net, Capizzi confirms that the film only uses the designs of the animated series, but is not in continuity with it, making it's close attachments to Donner movie concepts all the more easy to use."

I'm on Volume 3 Disc 3 of B:TAS & I'm confused. Some of the episodes have the new "Adventures of Batman & Robin" intro and some have the old one. I know that these episodes aren't in exact order of airing date, but are they even remotely close to being in "official" order???
If I remember right, one of the special features talks about the intro. "Adventures of Batman & Robin" is used when Robin was in the episode and the other when he was not (Robin was in the movies around that time so wanted to capitalize on his resurgence). As far as order, it's somewhat close, it's the order that Bruce Timm wants. The main thing that's off is the end of seasons/total number of episodes per season.

and were is braniac 5

he's the guy on Superboys left that's extending his next. Remember people, this looks close to what Teen Titans did when it first came out and look how great that turned out. Of course I have never read LOSH but it must be good to get a tv series. :P

I do like the TT show but I'm not a fan of american or european animation being done in a japanese style. Don't get me wrong I do like japanese comics and animation but if everything looks the same then it's bland and homogenised.

F**K THIS! I was jazzed as hell when I heard they were doing a Legion 'toon...

Superboy? I know that he was in the comic for awhile, but Supergirl was in the JLU episode! Does this mean that the entire continuity of these DC 'toons isn't taking effect with this one? That's the greatest thing about JLU... It linked everything together. Maybe this is going the Teen Titans route and being out of continuity. I like TT, but I'll probably pass on Legion...

As far as Brainiac Attacks: The different voices didn't bother me. I love Clancy "Rawhide" Brown, but the voice change wasn't as bad as Luthor being completely out of character. It just didn't even feel like Luthor. The flying looked beautiful in the movie. BigBad Brainiac looked stupid. The "movie" wasn't great, but I don't think it's as bad as everyone seems to make it out to be...

Alright...

I've calmed down a bit.

Looks like Second seasons of Teen Titans and The Batman are coming out on Septmber 26th...

Just a little longer to wait for my next fix...

P.S. To Hell With Superboy...

Alright...

I've calmed down a bit.

Looks like Second seasons of Teen Titans and The Batman are coming out on Septmber 26th...

Just a little longer to wait for my next fix...

P.S. To Hell With Superboy...

Another september release..... damnit, lost bsg and now these... : :o sept is supposed to be my recover from SDCC month B)

T.

Another september release..... damnit, lost bsg and now these... : :o sept is supposed to be my recover from SDCC month B)

T.

Yeah, I hear you TBT(Glad you adopted the monogram ;) ), I was supposed to be recovering too :rolleyes: But I recently picked up the 1st season of The Batman and have to say, I'm a fan :D I just finished out my season purchases of BTAS, Superman and bought the first season of JLA. I'm currently watching the 1st season of Superman and didn't think the transfer was very good. I kind of wished they had cleaned up some of the mistakes or problems that they mention in the commentary. Before Supes, I watched the 1st season of Batman Beyond. While my wife wasn't a fan of the show, I still like this one.

I think it was a little ahead of it's time for the most part and might work better today. Since as someone pointed out you have shows like Smallville and Teen Titans that played with the continuity and animation a bit. Anyone have a ETA on the 2nd season of BB? As far as the comments about Superman and the LOS, I guess I must be the only one that read this series when I was younger. Both Keith Geiffen and Mike Grell had some nice stories. Like TT, I'll give it a shot. Since I think the anime feel works for TT, hopefully it will for LOSH too. Thanks also for the tip on the S:AOB Lurch, I actually thought about picking it up.

Okay, a couple of questions and comments I'm going to scoop up here:

Superman TAS Season 3:

The BEST season of Superman!!! It's split between 2 things: Darkseid's invasions and... DC teamups!!! That's right! You want GL? You got 'em! You want the LEGION? They're there too!!

I SERIOUSLY suggest this season to EVERYONE. If you don't respect Superman... You will after Season 3. That's my personal guarantee.

Superman Brainiac Attacks.:

Lurch is right. If you've watched Season 3 like I just told you, this movie will destroy all the respect I just "implanted" you with. Don't watch unless forced.

Okay, a couple of questions and comments I'm going to scoop up here:

Superman TAS Season 3:

The BEST season of Superman!!! It's split between 2 things: Darkseid's invasions and... DC teamups!!! That's right! You want GL? You got 'em! You want the LEGION? They're there too!!

I SERIOUSLY suggest this season to EVERYONE. If you don't respect Superman... You will after Season 3. That's my personal guarantee.

Superman Brainiac Attacks.:

Lurch is right. If you've watched Season 3 like I just told you, this movie will destroy all the respect I just "implanted" you with. Don't watch unless forced.

The Brainiacs attacks movie is sort of tied into the movie continuity. ( check out the interview at www.worlsfinest.com- superman- backstage- Duane Capizzi interview)