UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official DC Animated Cartoons Series Discussion

Lurch77

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah... I think we both "mis-worded" what we were trying to say and were arguing the same thing.

I also watch all the extras and commentaries.

14 years is right, but Timm's team has contributed more than 14 seasons of shows (since Bman & Sman ran at the same time)

Bman- 4 Seasons

Sman- 3 Seasons

BBeyond- 4 Seasons

JL- 2 Seasons

JLU- 3 Seasons

That's 16 seasons!!!!!

Wow I love that show!!!!

Hmmmm... I've stayed away from Static Shock... Are the cross overs any good? Is it worth looking into? (I don't even know what Zeta Project is)

Hmmmm... I've stayed away from Static Shock... Are the cross overs any good? Is it worth looking into? (I don't even know what Zeta Project is)

The Static Shock crossovers are really very good (not sure about the GL one though, haven't seen that episode). I haven't seen the Zeta Project crossover, wasn't too fond of that show (more info on Zeta Project here).

Wow...

I've never even HEARD of this show... Or this character for that matter.

The show wasn't any good?

It was a pretty decent show, basically a teenager and his friend (friend gts them during either season 2 or 3) both get super powers from these gasses near a dock during a rumble between two rival gangs. They later become known as bang babies and they each discover they each have their own unique ower, like turning into a wolf, control over water, I remember one was a geek who turned into a purple Hulk when he got fustrated. All the bang babies start acting up so it's up to Virgil (a.k.a. Static and our hero) and his friend Richie (a.k.a. Gear) to keep them in line. Check it out! 'Nuf Said ;) (always wanted to say that!)

The Static Shock crossovers are really very good (not sure about the GL one though, haven't seen that episode).

The Green Lantern one is basically about how Green Lantern is being accused of doing all these crimes after Sinestro takes his power battery and uses his power to make him appear like John. John goes to Virgil for help, but Virgil has his doubts but eventually helps him and they defeat him.

Hey, I have a quick question about Justice League Unlimited. I do not have cable so I haven't followed the Justice League seasons until this year when they started releasing DVDs (Season 1 and 2)

I am catching up on what I missed last week and I found this pick from Comic-Con:

Green Lanterns

The Lantern on the far right looks just like Kyle Rayner. If anyone knows me, you know that Kyle is tied for my favorite DC character (him and nightwing). Anyway, without spoiling anything, I was just wondering if, in fact, that is Kyle's GL and if so does he actually make an appearance on the show? neo

Anyway, without spoiling anything, I was just wondering if, in fact, that is Kyle's GL and if so does he actually make an appearance on the show? neo
Yep, that's the TAS Kyle.

Pan11.jpg

He makes his first appearance in the TAS world in Superman:TAS the "In Brightest Day... " episode (linkage w/ spoilers), it's his origin story. Then he shows up in a JLU episode (linkage no spoilers) called "The Return" (linkage w/ spoilers).

I just finished watching season II of JLU.

I wanted to say how blessed and grateful I am for being in a generation where the first WB Batman animated series and now the JLU. That's like 15 seasons of pure brilliant and fun artistic entertainment. From Batman, Batman & Robin Superman, Justice League, JLU, they made fans of us all.

Thank you for anyone who brought these series to TV. :D

I would just like to echo highroller. I have 4 episodes left on disc 4 of JL Season 2. I have all 4 volumes of Batman: TAS, all 3 volumes of Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond Season 1, and Justice League Season 1 and 2. Honestly, I had forgotten just how great these series are. I started watching the DVDs again on a nightly basis almost starting with Batman Episode 1. These truly are the Standard to which any company should pay homage to any Iconic character. The storys are true to the Icons, but they are also Fun and Dramatic and Action Packed. I cannot think of a better run on TV in history, animated or not. I'm really looking forward to the finals seasons of JLU and the Final Season of Batman Beyond. Well done WB, DC, and Bruce Timm and Paul Dini and everyone in between. neo

As far as Justice League Seasons go... I think season 3 is my LEAST favorite. Yes, despite the fact of it having one of my 2 fav. episodes in it. :( (That of course being the Greatest Story Never Told).

It also has an interesting reinvention of the Super Friends.

Unfortunatly, however... It has Hawk & Dove. :mellow:

Just finished the second season of Superman(TAS) and I have to say that last scene in "The Late Mr. Kent" was pretty dramatic for a animated show. For me, it would have been nice to hear some commentary on that. There was one episode commentary that was just worthless and there were plenty of episodes that might have made for a better retrospect on, but that's just me.

I agree, season 3 was really good of Superman. I actually hate that it ended so soon.

I just wanted to chime in a say I just finished Season 2 of Justice League. Let me first say that I never thought I would enjoy a cartoon as much as Batman: TAS, but Justice League is proving me wrong.

To preface my comments, I have never watched any Justice League before. Some of you are probably going to think, "Duh". But, before you do just know this is coming from someone that has just finished JL Season 2 for the 1st time.

I really love this series. I bought the 1st season when it come out and I kicked myself for not watching this show before now. I was waiting on pins when season 2 dropped and I have to say that I wasn't let down at all. For the sake of someone who hasn't seen it (like I used to be) I won't spoil anything, other than to say I COULD not believe the final episode and the one that turned. I really didn't see that coming. I have to say that my favorite line was "Wally West...Clark Kent..........Bruce Wayne." That was CLASSIC. I can hardly wait not for Justice League Unlimited to hit DVD. Not too long to wait. I hope that Bats and Wonder Woman keep their thing going and I hope that GL gets some more screen time. Hands down, while Batman and Superman the Animated Series were great, I think that Justice League may be the BEST comic cartoon of all time! But, I guess that's just one guys opinion. neo

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I won't spoil it for you NL, but your wishes come true.

Bats and DoubleW keep their "thing" going throughout the next few seasons and GL gets PLENTY of screen time. As a matter of fact, I would almost call season 2 & 3 of JLU the Green Lantern & _________ show. (Don't want to spoil it for you. ;) )

Season 2 was great... Season 1 of JLU isn't gonna blow you away, but like I said before... Season 2 :D

JLU "season 1" comes out in October right? Anyways, I know this might sound kinda geeky, but I cant wait to get that set. IT'll come with two seasons. And the episode i wanna see is the one were SPOILER.........................................................................

......................................................................GL turns into Hal Jordan. I know it's only for a few moments but i still wanna see it. Anyways loved the JL sets and i did like season one despite whatt he creators said about it. I guess I'm just a kid at heart. Still didnt like the way Superman looked all old and stuff.

It supposedly comes with most of Season 1, and then part of Season 2. Why the didn't just do all of Season 1 is beyond me.

For the same reason Lurch pointed out earlier in this thread Logan, because that's the way Timm originally wanted them most likely. Most likely Lurch will be able to shed some light on this, as he always seems to be in the know on things like this.

Full breakdown of the JLU dvd set here.

Looks like full season 1 & full season 2 of JLU (season 3 & 4), interesting :blink:

Perhaps to keep up with the 4-disk sets that they have been releasing (26 episodes per set), JLU season 1 & 2 were shorter with 13 episodes instead of the 26 of JL season 1 & 2. Just means that the last set will be a 2-disk set and cheaper. Works for me :D