UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

And the hunt begins!

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/new...s-retail/19463/

Dinobot, is Allen, TX near your neck of the woods?

Also, about the Matrix Box Set, you can get the real thing from Amazon for $98.99. Probably the best price I've seen around.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Anniver...0494&sr=8-1

Edited by God Magnus

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada for the win? I tried 3 different TRUs and all I found was barren shelves, but then a shockingly nice employee dug around in the back and found me a Grimlock! AND they priced it the same as the U.S.! AND they released it during a 25% off all Transformers sale! AND he's awesome!

post-1800-1281458616_thumb.jpg

Damn. That Grimlock looks fine. Apparently they were on TRU.com. Not surprised they didn't last.

Yes, and the preoder started $10 cheaper than they ended up retailing for. Caused quite a stir after they pulled the preorder off the site. Apparently, all of the cheap preorders are going to be honored on a first-come-first-served basis. Typical TRU snafu.

Someone pointed out that the Hasbro version has rounded teeth, while the TakTom has pointed? I only have the TakTom (and it's at home while I'm at work)...

Mine has no pointy or sharp bits, the same child safety laws as the smokestack-in-the-eye thing with Prime I'm assuming?

:blink:

I have no idea.

-----------------------------------------------------

I grabbed this guy:

DSC06272.jpg

DSC06271.jpg

...pretty much mainly for his mini-con:

DSC06273.jpg

...so I could do this:

DSC06274.jpg

:)

And pretty much my sole reason for joining the Transformers Collector's Club:

DSC06258.jpg

DSC06250.jpg

Though, by joining, I can take advantage of more than just him. :P

The news now is that Rodimus DOES transform into Hot Rod as well. But apparently the rumor is that Hasbro will only be releasing Hot Rod, and not the RP trailer/Winnebago. He may come with his Target Master though. This will be an interesting decision. The US version is going to be in the $60 range, so it's easier to take than the $200 RP.

Scale wise he's looking to be Seekers/Grimlock/Faith Leader scale.

Rodimus_Grimlock_Height.jpg

Speaking of Faith Leader, I need to get my MP Megatron sold off quickly so i can get one.

Don't care about the travel trailer look anyway. Hot Rod is all I would care about. And only then, because the figure looks awesome. Horrible character who Prime should've shot when Megatron gave him an excuse.

I grabbed this guy:

DSC06272.jpg

I want to like the PCCs so bad, I really do. It's the drones that kill it for me. They didn't even try to make them fully interchangable. An arm is an arm, a leg is a leg and all that. They're just boring lumps of overpriced junk.

On the other hand, totally LOVE Punch/Counterpunch!

I picked up Breacher a couple days ago. I got him mainly for the team-up appeal with Sea Spray but he turned out to be an excellent figure all on is own. I highly recommend him.

TM2, most minicons average about $3 each but some can fetch considerably more. If you're selling them individually or in small groups I'd suggest doing a bit of research. If you're selling them all in one big lot, I think you'd be able to get $300 pretty easily. There are some rabid minicon collectors out there.

Yeah, I really don't like the PCCs. Hasbro failed once again. P/CP is awesome, but his head is so small. Someone over at TFW is making a better one, more inscale, and will be selling them for $5 unpainted, $10 painted. I'm just waiting on him. :)

Breacher is amazing. I'm currently adding some small paint details here & there to make him my Classics Roller. :D

Found a Masterpiece Grimlock today. Amazing figure that does the character and old toy justice. Well worth the $70. Seriously considering buying a second one to display both modes, since he looks so great as both dino and robot.