UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Cylons are invading

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, they are so gorgeous. I didn't place my pre-order, and there's no WAY in HEAVEN that I'm getting $101.38 anytime soon to order from AFX, so I don't think I'll EVER get a case of these things. I don't want your pity; the best you can do for me is be grateful for the ginormous blessing bestowed upon you in the form of these 'mates. :( They're like some sort of far-off dream to one such as myself, who will never be able to experience the pure joy in acquiring these plastic lovelys. Goodbye, CRUEL, CRUEL world!!

:P;)

God, they are so gorgeous. I didn't place my pre-order, and there's no WAY in HEAVEN that I'm getting $101.38 anytime soon to order from AFX, so I don't think I'll EVER get a case of these things. I don't want your pity; the best you can do for me is be grateful for the ginormous blessing bestowed upon you in the form of these 'mates. :( They're like some sort of far-off dream to one such as myself, who will never be able to experience the pure joy in acquiring these plastic lovelys. Goodbye, CRUEL, CRUEL world!!

:P;)

I ordered mine from TimeandSpaceToys.com and the have a pretty good track record. They were pretty much the only site I'm familiar with that had them for less than $55.

If you are looking to pay over $100 for a case of 12 then you are probably looking in the wrong place. most places have cases for around $50

Also just because you cant afford a case doesn't mean you cant pick up the one or two, we are only talking in cases because we are well adicted to getting them all, retail ( or talk to the nice guys at stuckakid) should have cases where you can buy one at a time.

T.

If you are looking to pay over $100 for a case of 12 then you are probably looking in the wrong place. most places have cases for around $50

Also just because you cant afford a case doesn't mean you cant pick up the one or two, we are only talking in cases because we are well adicted to getting them all, retail ( or talk to the nice guys at stuckakid) should have cases where you can buy one at a time.

T.

No no no, $101 total for a case of each. Classic and Modern. And yeah, I know I can still buy individuals but I really had my heart set on a small platoon, AKA a case. :( I've never gotten a case of anything before.

No no no, $101 total for a case of each. Classic and Modern. And yeah, I know I can still buy individuals but I really had my heart set on a small platoon, AKA a case. :( I've never gotten a case of anything before.

Erm yeah ok, you're whinging about them being unavailable because you set yourself a goal that you know you cant achieve whilst there are perfectly reasonable goals in sight. and then post complaining about it.... :rolleyes:

T.

Erm yeah ok, you're whinging about them being unavailable because you set yourself a goal that you know you cant achieve whilst there are perfectly reasonable goals in sight. and then post complaining about it.... :rolleyes:

T.

Yeah, you're right. Seriously, thanks. Sorry for the whining, I already did with my mom and she said the EXACT same thing you did! :lol:

Hey all here are some sweet pictures (at least I hope).

I hope these pictures are an eye opener on how awsome they really are! Some of them are fun, others I tried to take them apart as much as I could. Those modern Cylon I could not get their hands off.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/max_ellentuck/...460762380585083

If someone wants to host the pictures and put them stright on to the site just drop me a line.

DSC01599.jpg

Well, despite my whining I am now the PROUD and GLEEFUL owner of two Cylons, one Classic one Modern. Cannon Centurion (Modern) and Centurion (Classic). I had a choice between Battle Damaged or Cannon for Modern, and Centurion or Black Stealth for Classic. Did I make a good decision? :huh:

^Congrats on getting a pair. Was the Stealth Classic and Battle-Damaged Modern more pricey? They are more rare. I prefer non-battle damage minimates. The stealth looks cool but for the life of me I can't remember them in the show and only that they made them in figure form.

If you 're happy, that's all that counts.

^Thanks, JL. I appreciate your encouraging words! :) As for the price, no, they were all $4.99. The manager said he had no idea if they were even getting another case AT ALL, EVER, so I really should have bought them all. I didn't because I already have a $40 I.O.U. to my dad that has to be done be New Year's Day. I am happy, but now I wish there were some way to get them all...all the ones at the comic shop, that is. :angry:

I was looking at Diamond Comics shipping list online and they said that the "Modern" Cylon MM were shipping this week. Anyone know if those are the only ones coming this week? Are the "Classic" Cylons going to ship as well? Anybody know?

I was looking at Diamond Comics shipping list online and they said that the "Modern" Cylon MM were shipping this week. Anyone know if those are the only ones coming this week? Are the "Classic" Cylons going to ship as well? Anybody know?

I think both ship this week.

^^^Sometimes we can't have it all, we all go through it.

I'm sure some members here will have some spares they may be willing to sell. Plus I'm sure there are other retailers that will be carrying them. There are still many places that have not got them in yet. I know of some on-line retailers that may sell them individually. Time will tell.

==========================================

Just to confirm, both assortments will indeed arrive this Thursday at Midwest/East specialty retailers. This I believe should include Canada shops as well.

I picked up a classic Stealth cylon and a centurion downloaded cylon from forbidden planet in Manchester today. I'm happy with just one of each style for now, especially as they were £6.99 EACH!!! Good job i got money for christmas!