UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates Are Back?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If a recent Disney blockbuster is to get minimates, the only worthy one is Big Hero 6 goddammit!

Big Hero 6 made $600 million world wide, Frozen made over a BILLION knocking Iron Man 3 out of the top 5 all-time highest world wide earners.

deal with it kid, Frozen deserves and will get minimates before Big Hero 6.

(But let’s not fight: I WANT BOTH, DAMMIT!)

This_isnt_fair....gif

Thing is, I'm expecting a big, ongoing line to be announced, not a one-off property. Frozen could sell, but I don't see it going past one or two box-sets. Plus, it's a "princess" movie, I can't see myslf getting excited over such a license. Oh, who am I kidding, I'll go nuts over Elsa like anyone else when I see the mate. Fine, bring on the Frozen minimates DST!

This_isnt_fair....gif

tumblr_myfqpfDeAr1qesayjo1_250.gif

Frozen is a great license but a bad fit for power tools.

its kind of wrong headed to use douche for a woman's product and then power tool for your example of a mans product.

A man would NEVER use a douche on himself (unless he miss understood what it was for and tried to clean his ass or something), but women, believe it or not, DO use power tools... maybe Frozen erectile dysfunction pills is more the example you wanted? Like Tony Star selling douches, it includes a built in joke about cold effecting wieners without the unintended (I hope) sexism that women dont buy power tools.

I mean Frozen Power Tools?! Whats next Superhero Cookware?! http://www.geekalerts.com/marvel-cakelet-pan/

Edited by dr baghead

Do you have a daughter, SCW? Because I do, and you could slap Frozen on ANYTHING and she'd want it. Back me up here, dads.

I have two daughters who are both sick of the oversaturation of the Frozen brand. I've yet to see the movie despite owning it because they now refuse to be in the same house while it's on. Too much, too often.

Do you have a daughter, SCW? Because I do, and you could slap Frozen on ANYTHING and she'd want it. Back me up here, dads.

Frozen Minimates would do just fine, thanks. Heck, the Lego set sold out immediately. Most importanly, though, Frozen would be a great way for DST to break into the girls market and prove that they are more then just a boys' toys company.

Backing you up.

Besides, she wouldn't have to see them. I'd buy them for her!

Whenever my littlest one (almost 2) seems inconsolable for one reason or another, this movie changes her mood in an instant. It appeals to kids on a much broader level than I could have imagined. And it is good, though I would be OK if I never saw it again. I'm trying to, at least, push to get us to put the foreign language dubs on so it can be a different experience.

GMonkey2K, I hope we have news you will like at Toy Fair. I won't say it's DC, but you'll see what it is soon, I think.

I would love Frozen Minimates. My daughter loves it, but I love it just as much. It's amazing how much crossover appeal that movie has with girls and adult men. (My son knows the lyrics, but has not seen it. He's 2.)

And Frozen 2 is coming, I believe!

GMonkey2K, I hope we have news you will like at Toy Fair. I won't say it's DC, but you'll see what it is soon, I think.

I would love Frozen Minimates. My daughter loves it, but I love it just as much. It's amazing how much crossover appeal that movie has with girls and adult men. (My son knows the lyrics, but has not seen it. He's 2.)

And Frozen 2 is coming, I believe!

As long as it is Minimates, I'm all for it:7

Batman 66 coul count as DC but not DC

From the Toy Fair thread:

Not 100% sure we'll be able to show stuff at Toy Fair, and I don't want to blow a world premiere with a big outlet down the road, because I want to get lots of eyes on it. But we have time. First set will probably be a two-pack at SDCC, followed by some box sets. No blind bags, most likely.

I don't know, is Batman 66 big enough to warrant a world premier with a big outlet? Or could it support a blind bag series? I'm thinking that it's movie DC, followed later by comic DC. It could be Batman 66, I'm not rulling it out, but it doesn't exactly fit the criteria.

Batman 66 coul count as DC but not DC

OH F**K!!! Zack does keep saying “we’re working on some TV minimates” all the time too.... THIS IS COMING TOGETHER TOO WELL!!!

QUICK! Someone make up an alternate theory as to what this all means before my heartbreaks in half... straight up IN HALF! from the sadness not getting Batman 66 mates yet again would cause.

alternate idea:

it’s Arrow/Flash/Constantine/Gotham/Teen Titans Go! all the properties Mattel passed on and can be offered to other companies but not snagged up in the Mez-It net yet, pheeeeeeewoooooooo! That sounds likely enough my hopes aren’t high for how amazingly awesome Batman 66 mates could be.

Demand for Batman '66 never trended as high as Warner Bros. hoped. They probably reached that deal with Fox too late and now much of the target demographic is literally dead. Given how serious live-action comic book adaptations are in film and on TV, it's an even bigger joke now than it was when it first aired. Kids today certainly don't get it. Ask Mattel.

If it's "DC" anything it's more likely AC/DC and the return of Musicmates.

I'd be surprised if it's Batman only because Mattel already made 6" figures, which would seem to make Select figures redundant. But it wouldn't be the first time DST and another company were making superhero figures at roughly the same size.

Hey, maybe it's Vertigo?

I'd be surprised if it's Batman only because Mattel already made 6" figures, which would seem to make Select figures redundant. But it wouldn't be the first time DST and another company were making superhero figures at roughly the same size.

Hey, maybe it's Vertigo?

I wouldn't complain. Hellblazer, Sandman, Fables, etc would make for some great mates. Or maybe it's just New 52 DC and not Multiverse DC?

its obviously Batman '66. I'm young and i know about it!

Hey, maybe it's Vertigo?

I wouldn't complain. Hellblazer, Sandman, Fables, etc would make for some great mates. Or maybe it's just New 52 DC and not Multiverse DC?

i would be EXTREMELY HAPPY with New 52 DC

its obviously Batman '66. I'm young and i know about it!

Hey, maybe it's Vertigo?

i would be EXTREMELY HAPPY with New 52 DC

You and me both. Many prefer old DC but I have no problem with either, as both have their bad and good aspects.