UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bronze Meddling Wave 6: Villains for Hire [pg12]

elhonez

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K I D    [S] T U F F

Well played BHM! You had gotten it half right before. So what is "Kid Stuff?" Unfortunately it will have to wait until I get a shipment of Vallejo paints (I am missing the last couple of colors I need), so the ETA for the photo is Saturday.

Edited by elhonez

• elhonez changed the title to Bronze Meddling Wave 41: Kid Stuff (Marvel Westerns Wave 1)

Those are superb, the best thing I've seen in many a long day . I have been saying for years that 'Western mates' would be a seller .

On 10/1/2010 at 8:46 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Seriously .....these are outstanding & any negative comments I've made about the Max line are regarding the vehicles*. If they don't sell well I'll be surprised very surprised but I won't be surprised if very soon we might see some 'Western' Minimates ! How politically correct is it these days in the US for Cowboys to be fighting Red Indians ? Like I said I'm serious .....I don't know. There can't be many kids that haven't set their Cowboys up against the Sioux,Cheyenne & Apache hordes & even I might drag a few out of their packages to have a re-enactment of a 'homestead attack' or 'river crossing ambush'. I'm getting quite excited just thinking about it.

*Max vehicles of Stage-coaches .....Wagon Trains...........Western Rail Road Trains :woot:

..... maybe a War Wagon :D Probably the saddest theme tune in movie history ........be warned this is more irritating than me ........

That was 2010 .

Absolutely brilliant .

Thanks everyone! I had a lot of fun planning this wave. And I agree with you BHM -- this genre still has a lot of legs. I clearly doubled down on the "kid" theme, but that meant I left a lot of heavy hitters on the table like Phantom Rider, Red Wolf and Masked Raider/Rider.

If I ever get around to the other two waves I planned -- "Slap Leather!" and "Owlhoots" -- I will feel that I've finally wrung this one dry. At least from a bronze age perspective. I know a lot of these characters have more modern designs now from various revivals.

• elhonez changed the title to Bronze Meddling Wave 41: Kid Stuff (Marvel Westerns Wave 1, pg7)
  • 3 months later...

Progress.

I've *finally* solved for my inadequate decal-making setup, and it's going to unblock a bunch of customs. However being that I'm always hesitant to run a sticker sheet in the printer for just one or two new decals, and being true to my obsessive nature, I'm going to be banging out decals for about 30 characters, which will unblock about 13 "waves."  Well, apart from parts scrabbling, x-acto knifing and painting.

So when it rains it will pour, but I still have to knock out those decals and I'm really, really slow at that. My goal is about .5/day, so maybe come December I'll have early photos to share. In the meantime, I will probably photograph a "box set" I have ready to go, which is just a minor revision of something I've already shared.