UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the perspective is off making one jack look smaller, The oogies look like a different size in the background too. When I had the next to each other they seemed like the same size.

The Dr's skirt is annoyingly static. So he was the easiest to feel up between that and his giant wheelchair. At least his skull is articulated.

Thanks Arnim. I do have to wonder what the "point" of blind bagging these was, as this seems like the easiest line of Minimates ever produced to tell apart by touch.

I hope if Oogie gets revisited down the road that he gets some burlap texture on him, even just a tampo would make a huge difference. He looks a bit potatoey as is. Is the only difference between regular Oogie and Torn Oogie the bug arm and face tampo? Is there any bug tampo underneath?

I agree, they were all pretty easy to tell apart, though I missed the reindeer on my first feel through.

Ive been wishing since the protos were shown that more would happen with Oogie as he just seems plain. The torn arm and facial expressions are the only difference between the 2, and I ended up with 2 of each because i didnt realize the torn arm was there to feel for and I looked at the torn face wrong the first time I found it.

Chest underneath is blank unfortunately, but maybe we can get a buggy decal going for his front and back. Boogies bottom half is a solid piece with thigh pegs sculpted on, weird short legs and regular feet.

The clown is cool but I have issues with it. He has minimate legs and arms. The fat jumpsuit is hollow but limits all the articulation. Also theres no hole in the alt head to plug the pinwheel hat into. The unicycle is funny, but it looks like he was sexually assaulted as its coming out of his butt. Maybe its me not paying attention to the clowns butt in the movie. Also the feet have roller skates sculpted on so it gives him a high heels effect. Its a cool mate but I can't do a lot of fun stuff with him and his parts.

Also for Sally's skirt, the whole that the peg goes throughis a lot thicker than other skirts. So her top half might have some issues staying on for some people. Its sculpted that way and really could benefit from a longer peg. Im probably going to add apoxy to the peg to help it out.

I think Oogie's head was a solid 1 piece gmonkey

Its a cool mate but I can't do a lot of fun stuff with him and his parts.

We were thinking people could turn him into a clown on a unicycle. :)

Feet are not roller skates, they're on pedals.

Finkelstein has a regular, old-fashioned wheelchair, anyone can use it.

Oogie's head is one piece.

I thought you said there was going to be bugs under the face. A couple pages back when someone commented that his head looked like a mask, and how it would be cool if there was a bug tampo, you replied with a whistling emoji

Thanks Arnim. I do have to wonder what the "point" of blind bagging these was, as this seems like the easiest line of Minimates ever produced to tell apart by touch.

The Oogies are similar, and glow Jack, Sally and Zero will be tough in the specialty series. But it's not meant to trick people, just give all the figures an equal shot. A casual fan may still buy a blind bag figure without trying to figure out who it is.

So aside from minuscule differences between promo jack and blind bag jack they have almost the same tampo. Looking at the solicitation pics for wave 2, the jack and sally look exactly the same as wave one. Can you confirm whether we will be getting different face tampos or anything to make them different?

Also, the clown is exclusive to HT, the elves to TRU, and wave 2 has another jack, sally, a 2nd sata jack, 2 warm and fuzzy characters and a ghost dog. Can you tell us if wave 2 will have any other monsters show up or retailer exclusive monsters? its cool to get a santa and eater bunny so quickly but no vamps, witches, gilman, wolfman, any other monsters is making me a little sad. Please tell us that there will at least be another monster somewhere before wave 3.

So aside from minuscule differences between promo jack and blind bag jack they have almost the same tampo. Looking at the solicitation pics for wave 2, the jack and sally look exactly the same as wave one. Can you confirm whether we will be getting different face tampos or anything to make them different?

Also, the clown is exclusive to HT, the elves to TRU, and wave 2 has another jack, sally, a 2nd sata jack, 2 warm and fuzzy characters and a ghost dog. Can you tell us if wave 2 will have any other monsters show up or retailer exclusive monsters? its cool to get a santa and eater bunny so quickly but no vamps, witches, gilman, wolfman, any other monsters is making me a little sad. Please tell us that there will at least be another monster somewhere before wave 3.

Yeah, there will be some exclusive monsters in Series 2. And specialty series 2 will have the Pumpkin King, don't forget. Kinda monstrous.

I believe Series 2 Jack and Sally will be identical to Series 1 Jack and Sally. But they will be in slightly lower ratios.

Edited by DSTZach

There's this old guy who just wants to know what he needs to get from each source of NBX Minimates to attain what he would call a 'Master set'.

A list would be appreciated & help with Hot Topic exclusives would be rewarded .

My usual apologies for my usual blatant begging request.

Today is the first time in weeks that I have been able to get to a decent PC/connection & I need to catch up ...................quickly.

Thank you thumbsup.gif

There are currently 2 blind bag assortments that we know about, the LCS assortment and a Hot Topic assortment:

The characters shared amongst all the waves are:

- Jack

- Sally

- Oogie Boogie

- Mayor

- Dr. Finkelstein

LCS Exclusives: Skeleton Reindeer, GITD Jack, GITD Sally (GITD Sally is 1 per case)

Hot Topic Exclusives: Clown with tear-away face, Torn Oogie Boogie, GITD Skeleton Reindeer (GITD Reindeer is 1 per case)

There will also be a Toys R Us 2-pack assortment with Santa's Elves being the exclusives. Not sure if there are any tampo or part variants of the main figures in this wave. We haven't seen packaging or anything formal about this wave other than what Zach has told us.

Edited by youbastards

I checked a Hot Topic in Rochester, NY and Buffalo, NY yesterday and there was nothing.

I'm just interested to see what part of the store they're putting these in. I hate going in there. I love what they sell but everything is so cramped that it's hard to move around!

Edited by MisterMiracle

Anyone who has these, can you share the upc from the bags? Maybe that will help the HT employees I speak with to actually help me....

Probably the $5.50. The ones I visited had a sale on everything in the store, which is probably the discount shown.

Thanks for sharing the receipt!