UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New License Speculation - Halloween ComicFest 2014

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen plenty of TNBC toys and collectables over the years.

If you count the smaller stuff, then yeah, there have been a lot. But straight up toys, not so much. I think these are all:

NECA-a series of figures

Medicom-The big 12inh Jack fig

Kubrick-a couple of sets

Revoltech-santa jack and regular jack figures

Jun Collectibles-a series of toys

Blind boxes

And a couple of statues

I might be missing some but there are far more bags, shirts, lights and all that than actual toys. I still think that it's TNBC but I hope it's MGS (even though it's futile, since there is no way MG is the license).

I went through the July previews and apart from a few Attack on Titan, Star Trek, Dragonball, My little Pony, video game licenses (MGS, Titanfall) toys and the usual suspects like DC, Marvel and SW there was nothing that fit the bill.

Edited by Kostisfire

But enough to have been in "many issues of Previews"? I'm just not thinking it's TNBC. One things for sure: When it is revealed, we'll all be kicking ourselves that we didn't figure it out sooner!

I went through the July previews and apart from a few Attack on Titan, Star Trek, Dragonball, My little Pony, video game licenses (MGS, Titanfall) toys and the usual suspects like DC, Marvel and SW there was nothing that fit the bill.

Gosh this really complicates things. I thought after Previews was released it would be obvious. I must say that this is the most dumbfounded I've ever been when guessing a Minimate license. It sure is fun though! Edited by CBMM1

But enough to have been in "many issues of Previews"? I'm just not thinking it's TNBC. One things for sure: When it is revealed, we'll all be kicking ourselves that we didn't figure it out sooner!

>

Gosh this really complicates things. I thought after Previews was released it would be obvious. I must say that this is the most dumbfounded I've ever been when guessing a Minimate license. It sure is fun though!

TNBC fits the old license bill but it complements Peter Pan and maybe other horror licenses. If we take every hint literally the only things that fit the bill are:

1)Dragonball.

-We've never had an anime license before so it doesn't really complement anything.

-It's a really old license that other companies have been making toys for years.

-It has a really broad appeal

2)Metal Gear.

-Really high-profile license.

-Old.

-A lot of hype-surounding the new game.

-Broad appeal.

-Doesn't really fit with anything.

3)TNBC.

-A lot of product has been made.

-Old.

-Broad appeal.

4)Nintendo (i saw soem Nintendo products on July's previews)?

-Old.

-Broad-appeal.

-Doesn't complement anything.

The thing with Nintendo is that it may be making baby steps with the Figuarts line, but the company isn't know for making tons of toys.

Other stuff that were in July's previews:

Attack On Titan (too new)

DC (Duh)

Star Wars (Zach confirmed it's not it)

Doctor Who (same as SW)

Predator (it really complements alien)

Marvel

Star Trek

Disney used to have lots of Nightmare stuff available, then at some point they decided they didn't want to do anything with the property. Because Disney. Anyway, it definitely appears that has changed, because there is suddenly oodles of Nightmare stuff that's coming, including some San Diego exclusives, if memory serves. That alone should be a big giant flashing arrow pointing to Jack and crew.

Disney used to have lots of Nightmare stuff available, then at some point they decided they didn't want to do anything with the property. Because Disney. Anyway, it definitely appears that has changed, because there is suddenly oodles of Nightmare stuff that's coming, including some San Diego exclusives, if memory serves. That alone should be a big giant flashing arrow pointing to Jack and crew.

Oh, yeah. I had forgotten all about the Funko stuff. TNBC is the most likely (Zach hasn't even turned it down yet) but I'd not say no to MG or DB either.

Edited by Kostisfire

Polarboy, on 27 Jun 2014 - 06:55, said:

I have got to agree with those that have said that Nightmare doesn't really complement Peter Pan. Nightmare isn't even really part of the whole disney animated disney princess universe.

but Peter Pan isn’t part of the Disney Princess universe either. There are only 11 official Disney Princess (soon to be 13 obviously) and Wendy isn’t one of them.

If anything they complement each other because they’re the only males Disney is willing to merchandise the f**king sh*t out of.

Buzz and Woody picture

Lightning and Mater picture

Do they sell Toy Story merch in non-movie years? I hadn't noticed any that wasn't brand 'Toy Story 3' lately

.... Either way I'll admit I forgot about Toy Story but I'm not about to count a talking car as a man. They have male voices but they're still genderless cars for all we've seen in the movies.

Yeah, I wouldn't say a talking car is so different than a talking skeleton guy, in the sense that either could be a male or female without necessarily having genitalia but. . .I'm no Disney expert laugh.png

Edited by karamazov80

DIsney/Pixar considers McQueen and Mater to be male.

What kind of definitive sexual traits were you expecting from a Disney/Pixar flick? Gentalia? Because I don't recall seeing anyone Disney character's genitals.

Whoa there, I meant we never see BABY CARS

We never see baby cars, although we do see the cars age and die, so while they may be anthropomorphized there's no context clued in movies these things aren't just normal regular cars that role off an assembly line and can talk instead of a race of organic beings that look and act like cars... Although saying it out loud I realize this means Buzz and Woody aren't male either

So fine Peter Pan and Jack Skellington (and there are differences between a male and female skeleton) are the only biologically male characters Disney markets the sh*t out of. But not the only characters who identify as male they market the f**cking sh*t out of