UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What to expect with All New Marvel Now?

Zexion_Armando

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read Avenger's World #1. The art was nice but the story was spread too thinly. But #2 will focus on Crusher and her partners on AIM island, so that'll probably prove better in terms of story.

I've never read a current comic series, I doubt I'll be able to keep up with school and all but maybe I will.

I forsee the new Avengers recruits as Minimates. Crusher, Nightmask, etc. They were in Infinity, apparently so they're important enough to keep for at least one new title.

• 6 months later...

So...female Thor and Sam Wilson Captain America are on the table now. If Zach is reading this, I would be curious to get his input on something, do these variations on the characters count as A-Listers, or would you guys consider them separate characters altogether? Is Falcon-Cap a Captain America variant or is he more of a Commander Steve Rogers?

You forgot the "Superior Iron Man" (it's still Tony) and his Apple armor. Personally, I'm quite excited and will be adding all three titles (along with GotG 3000) to my pull list. Things have to keep moving forward and people are too quick to write off certain titles.

Besides, the newer costumes are a plus for us. They will be the anchors and we'll be able to get more classic stuff along with them. I personally, much prefer Sam Cap to yet another classic Rogers Cap.

A bit off topic but Zach, here's your Thor wave line-up:

NuThor/Gorr

Unworthy Thor(or modern Beta Ray Bill)/Ulik

Volstagg/Dark elf

Fandral/dark elf

Tru:

Old king Thor/old Galactus

Hogun/Ice giant

Surtur/modern lady Sif

It contains anchor characters, new versions, much needed classic characters and a couple of great new designs. And best of all, you can reuse some tooling as well!

I miss another Though the Ages boxset... In my opinion, it's past time we got a Spider Man one, but Thor would be nice too with that old and young versions of him that appeared recently. Fill in with Thor Girl and the new Thor and you have a happy customer! :)

The last time we received NOW versions of major characters we didn't get any minor characters in the mix so I don't feel too optimistic about that changing with this batch. And what an underwhelming set of costumes. Falcon Cap in particular is a pretty awful mishmash of at least three different designs.

The last time we received NOW versions of major characters we didn't get any minor characters in the mix so I don't feel too optimistic about that changing with this batch. And what an underwhelming set of costumes. Falcon Cap in particular is a pretty awful mishmash of at least three different designs.

My 2 cents on the costumes:

-Iron Man is a mix between an Iphone and Tron so I quite like the design.

-Thor: Maybe it's the art but in the body shot she looks stunning.

-FalCap is the weakest of the bunch (he is a mishmash like you said) but I think he'd make a great minimate.

I just hope that DST starts doing more comic waves (apart from AOU there is no other marvel movie next year) which blend new and old characters. I'd love a supernatural wave with curent Strange, Moon Knigh and Illyana but with classic Ghost Rider, Lilith, Man-Thing and Howard. Or a Thor wave with the warriors three, Surtur, NuThor, New Old King Thor and Loki.

I really dig Falcon Cap. The female Thor is a terrible design. Especially after seeing the wonderful Batgirl redesign DC has lined up.

... Wonderful Batgirl redesign? It looks like a collective design by tumblr, made for tweens, read by tweens, tastelessness by tweens. That thing is ugly, plus you would probably see it in some awful store like... Forever 21? lol

Anyway, if we gets these looks before Uncanny Now, I will just die.

... Wonderful Batgirl redesign? It looks like a collective design by tumblr, made for tweens, read by tweens, tastelessness by tweens. That thing is ugly, plus you would probably see it in some awful store like... Forever 21? lol

It's an adorable cosplay design or perfect for Stephanie Brown's Batgirl but it seems like a huge step backwards for Babs.

I'm happy with all the new Marvel costumes. Cap can fly, Thor's black eyes are creepy, and did Tony Stark acquire Apple?

You forgot the "Superior Iron Man" (it's still Tony) and his Apple armor. Personally, I'm quite excited and will be adding all three titles (along with GotG 3000) to my pull list. Things have to keep moving forward and people are too quick to write off certain titles.

Besides, the newer costumes are a plus for us. They will be the anchors and we'll be able to get more classic stuff along with them. I personally, much prefer Sam Cap to yet another classic Rogers Cap.

NuThor/Gorr

Volstagg/Dark elf

Fandral/dark elf

Tru:

Hogun/Ice giant

Surtur/modern lady Sif

It contains anchor characters, new versions, much needed classic characters and a couple of great new designs. And best of all, you can reuse some tooling as well!

I love just about all of this lineup , esp old king thor, and gorr

I'd be all over that Thor lineup, Kostis.

Personally, anything new I'll take since nowadays most of the designs are either pretty good or turn out great as mates. Besides, new stuff help us get old stuff so why complain?

NuThor/Gorr

Volstagg/Dark elf

Fandral/dark elf

Tru:

Hogun/Ice giant

Surtur/modern lady Sif

I love just about all of this lineup , esp old king thor, and gorr

I think that Gorr has one of the best designs i've ever seen in comics.

And this is why a mate should not be made of a character that has spent less then 5 years with a specific look.

So, how many Iron Man armors would we have now? I think he had Extremis from '04 to '08. I am not up on classic armors though....

Sorry, I just saw this thread now!

I'm with Valo. I don't recall seeing an Iron Man armor I didn't like.

As much as I loathe blind bags, if it could have meant more Iron Man 3 suits, I'd have been okay with it.

Agreed 100%. I was merely pointing out that if we needed the same look for 5 years to get a mate, we would not have any Iron Men.

If it gets us a Medusa, then by all means - sign me up for the latest Tony armour.

Also - Im appears to have a deliberate little diamond shape on the helmet... is there possibly some link between this armour and Vision?

Or - perhaps the new 'Superior' tony is actually inhabited by Mr Sinister?!?!?!?!

jawdrop.gif