UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Superior Spider-Man question.

minimadman

Possibly spoiler-riffic. So if you're reading trades look away... NOW!

Has anyone seen an explanation anywhere for why Superior Spidey's suit is slowly morphing into a version of Miles Morales's suit?

I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but Slott's not mentioned it on his twitter feed. Loved seeing the return of the tentacles in last weeks ish.

Had to be done really, didn't it.

In the last page of issue 13 he orders some minions and when asked if he'd like a new suit he replies yes. The suit is heavily inspired from Alex Ross's design so i wouldn't say it has anything to do with Miles. Some changes for both Miles and strangely for Peter will occur in issue 200 of ultimate spider-man so we'll have to wait and see. there's also the arms of the octopus mini series in which doc ock somehow returns so i bet we'll get a new twist.

So is Peter back in Ultimate Spiderman? I thought he was dead? This is why I feel like I can't start reading comics again. I have no idea of what is going on.

Has anyone seen an explanation anywhere for why Superior Spidey's suit is slowly morphing into a version of Miles Morales's suit?

I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but Slott's not mentioned it on his twitter feed. Loved seeing the return of the tentacles in last weeks ish.

In the last page of issue 13 he orders some minions and when asked if he'd like a new suit he replies yes. The suit is heavily inspired from Alex Ross's design so i wouldn't say it has anything to do with Miles. Some changes for both Miles and strangely for Peter will occur in issue 200 of ultimate spider-man so we'll have to wait and see. there's also the arms of the octopus mini series in which doc ock somehow returns so i bet we'll get a new twist.

So is Peter back in Ultimate Spiderman? I thought he was dead? This is why I feel like I can't start reading comics again. I have no idea of what is going on.

He is dead but maybe it will have something to do with 616 Peter. After AOU the timelines and universes got messed up so it wouldn't be too far out of the question.

He is dead but maybe it will have something to do with 616 Peter. After AOU the timelines and universes got messed up so it wouldn't be too far out of the question.

There is no f#%*#&^ way I'll ever get caught up now.

peter is still dead in ultimate, im pretty sure he will be either in a flashback, vision or yes a 616 crossover which has already been done, and Spider-men 2 is planned

also the timelines and canons are not very messed up, its just the blips we saw at the end of AoU (Angela, Galactus, etc)

peter is still dead in ultimate, im pretty sure he will be either in a flashback, vision or yes a 616 crossover which has already been done, and Spider-men 2 is planned

also the timelines and canons are not very messed up, its just the blips we saw at the end of AoU (Angela, Galactus, etc)

Well, they did say that AOU will have a big impact on the various universes so maybe more will be revealed later as to how messed up everything is.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no f#%*#&^ way I'll ever get caught up now.

If you haven't already, you might want to consider reading the Spider-Men mini from last (?) summer. In it, Miles meets Peter from the 616 universe. At the end of the series, Peter looks up Miles Morales online. We see a shocked face, but the big reveal has yet to be made. With everything happening in the Ultimate Universe (Hunger, etc), I wouldn't be surprised to see another crossover sometime soon, be it in Spider-Men 2 or another title.

As for the costume, I definitely see the Alex Ross design with some elements of the Ben Reilly Spidey suit. However, I can certainly see how someone would think of this as the inverse of the Miles costume. Here are a few pics to take a look at from Alex Ross's original designs (you may have to click on the image links on the left).

http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/previews/rossspidey/

Here's also a really nice costume statue that someone did a few years ago that I stumbled across while looking for the Alex Ross images. Now, I would really like to add this to my Spidey statue collection :)

http://spanglerart.blogspot.com/2010/05/alex-ross-concept-spider-man-painted.html

Cheers for posting the links JJWSpider, I can totally see it's the Ross costume now. Not that I doubted you, Kostis ;)

According to Dan Slott's twitter feed anyone not intending to buy Christos Gage's SSM annual, really ought to reconsider.

Something... Happens! :D

I just saw issue 15, and would love it if somehow, someway, a set of the extra spider legs came with the new costume in TRU wave 17. Seemed from the samples shown at CC that the wave might already be produced, but it would be awesome.

We really need a like button for posts like these. :)

If you haven't already, you may want to seek out Superior Spidey Team Up and Scarlet Spider as there is a Kaine/SpOck crossover. Scarlet Spider is one of my favorite books on the stands today, so I'm looking forward to this encounter between the two.

I've added team-up to my pull list because i don't want to miss any SpOck appereances. As for Mighty Avengers (another book SpOck is a vital member of) i will pick up the trades. Same goes for Scarlet. I even ordered the hulk and all new xmen specials along with the team up one since the complete the "The Arms Of The Octopus" story. As for the annual i ordered it as well. Really, anything superior and team up related i will not miss.

Honestly, I would really love those spider legs on SpOck. Hell, I'd probably (fail badly) would make those legs.

I would really like a current Spider man wave, if we weren't already getting the new costume.

SpOck/ Hobgoblin (Urich)

Superior Carnage/The Wizard

Scarlet Spider/ SpOck Minion

Ben Reilly Hoodied Spider/ SpOck Minion.

Okay, so THAT'S why I'm finding all kinds of "Spock" references in the Marvel forum and not just the Star Trek thread.

Would it kill you nerds to use an apostrophe or a hyphen? You know, like Sp'Ock or Sp-Ock? Geez Louise!

After the ASM 700 leak, everyone took to saying SpOck to prevent spoilers... Or to spread them, lol.

Honestly, I would really love those spider legs on SpOck. Hell, I'd probably (fail badly) would make those legs.

I would really like a current Spider man wave, if we weren't already getting the new costume.

SpOck/ Hobgoblin (Urich)

Replace the Wizard with either Thunderbolts Flash Venom, Boomerang or the new Beetle, and I'm in. I definitely love the idea of minion army builders.

SpOck/ Hobgoblin (Urich)

Replace the Wizard with either Thunderbolts Flash Venom, Boomerang or the new Beetle, and I'm in. I definitely love the idea of minion army builders.

Thunderbolts Venom? You mean take a red Sharpie to the normal one we got, lol. (plus, best time to use the Wizard, due to Superior Carnage, plus... it would be a great time to try and work on the Intelligencia...)

And I'd save Boomerang and Beetle for a Superior Foes boxset. Would be cute and kind of silly, but fun, sort of like Alpha flight.

Being a long time Spider-Man fan, I was initially skeptical of the ending of ASM and the beginning of SSM. I didn't hate the ending but was more disappointed by the anti-climactic death of my favorite super hero. Despite this, I picked up Superior. While it started out slow, the series has really picked up steam and currently sits as one of my favorite Spidey runs of current times. Looking back, I wasn't enjoying the later issues of ASM (though certain storylines did shine such as "Grim Hunt" and "New Ways to Die"). I now eagerly anticipate each Wednesday when I can pick up whatever new "Superior" book is out. I am currently reading Morbius, Foes, Carnage, Team-Up, and Superior, and I have never been happier as a SPIDER-FAN! While I do miss Pete, Ock has always been my favorite villain and I enjoy seeing how he is truly becoming a SUPERIOR Spider-Man. I have no doubt in my mind that Pete will be back soon, but in the mean time: "Make Mine Superior!!!"

With all that being said, I can't wait for any and all new Spider-Man 'mates! I totally agree with your statements/ wishlist, Zexion_Armando.

Edited by CBMM1