UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 2013 Fan Poll Boxset still happening?

The JC

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yeah, you guys guessed it ages ago.

Very smooth, Zach. I love the subtle hint. Now, it has all but been said that it is indeed.........

FORCE WORKS! I got it! Ages means Century! Who is the new character! Then we get new U.S. Agent, Spider Woman and Iron Man. Brilliant! Bravo sir! Bravo!

I love the sly hints!

But, surriously..i really can't wait to see the new character designs.

EDIT: I'm sure it's been said elsewhere already - but complimentary box-sets for Maximum Carnage would be awesome.

Heroes: Spider-Man, Venom, Deathlock & Firestar

Villains: Carnage, Shriek, Demogoblin, Doppelganger (market him as 'Demon Spider-Man if it makes it an easier sell)

Hey now Nessex, you got your '90s characters in the AOA, X-Force, and Lee X-Men stuff awhile back. That's enough of that! DST, more '80s characters and stories, please.

Ok :(

*goes and sits in the corner*

My guess for AoU boxset

Three highly requested redos:

Luke cage

Nick fury classic

Vision

Others:

Sue storm with future foundation alt torso

New character

Ka Zar OR Star Lord

Villain:

Ultron

Revising my guess!

Luke cage

Nick fury classic

Hank Pym

Others:

Sue storm (with future foundation alt torso)

New character

Angela

Villain:

Ultron

My guess for AoU boxset

Luke cage

Nick fury classic

Vision

Others:

New character

Ka Zar OR Star Lord

Villain:

Ultron

Revising my guess!

Luke cage

Nick fury classic

Hank Pym

Others:

New character

Angela

Villain:

Ultron

We got a modern Hank Pym back in wave 44. He was a 3 in 1 figure.

that was in no way a modern Hank Pym, Hanks current Giantman costume has yet to be made, nor his previous Wasp costume

edit: we also havent seen his looks from Secret Avengers (or was that Eric?)

Edited by undeadpool

My guess for AoU boxset

Luke cage

Nick fury classic

Vision

Others:

New character

Ka Zar OR Star Lord

Villain:

Ultron

Revising my guess!

Luke cage

Nick fury classic

Hank Pym

Others:

New character

Angela

Villain:

Ultron

Chuck said in recent Q&A there had been no discussion with Marvel about an Angela figure.

My guesses, having only looked at the cover to one issue, and keeping in mind Zach's comment about heavy hitters and the fact that this is set that needs to move at retail:

Colonel America (heavy hitter, I... guess you could pop the head on a SHIELD agent body and call it an "updated" Nick Fury)

Battle-Scarred Thing (heavy hitter)

Current Costume Giant Man (requested update insofar as there's been a fair amount of clamoring for NOW looks)

Brown Costume Wolverine (heavy hitter, requested update insofar as we've been asking for a brown Wolvie "done right")

Ultron (villain, requested update)

For the new character, I'm torn between Starlord and Ka-Zar. Classic Starlord would be really cool, and would make sense with the GotG movie hype starting to build when this set comes out later this year or early next year. Ka-Zar would make sense as a companion "team completing" character to go with Shanna, and a nice show of fan-love.

Edited by Lobsterman

that was in no way a modern Hank Pym, Hanks current Giantman costume has yet to be made, nor his previous Wasp costume

edit: we also havent seen his looks from Secret Avengers (or was that Eric?)

I was talking about classic Pym. And yeah, we haven't gotten a modern Pym but his classic version is pretty good for now. I'd rather get some other guys in desperate need for a re-do like Luke, T'Challa, Beast, Nick and so on. As for SA the Ant-Man of the group was Eric.

Why do we need a redo of Black Panther? Because you don't have one? ;)

I agree Luke is in serious need of a redo, I'd love for him to be the variant in a future wave so we can get Power Man.

It's pretty crazy we've gotten two Samuel L. Jackson Fury's, an ultimates one and now Nick Jr. but only the one Fury. It's infuryating :)

90's Beast is solid, and SI Beast isn't bad either, but with MM constantly improving, I wouldn't mind a new one.

:P I'm embarrassed

Edited by Zak Katz

Why do we need a redo of Black Panther? Because you don't have one? wink.png

I agree Luke is in serious need of a redo, I'd love for him to be the variant in a future wave so we can get Power Man.

It's pretty crazy we've gotten two Samuel L. Jackson Furry's, an ultimates one and now Nick Jr. but only the one Furry. It's infurryating smile.png

90's Beast is solid, and SI Beast isn't bad either, but with MM constantly improving, I wouldn't mind a new one.

Nope, because we have neither his classic costume wih the purple gloves neither his modern king costume. Besides, the last one isn't a perfect mate either. The grey details aren't visible. As for Beast, i want a modern millitary-esque beast. the one that's featured in New Avengers and was featured in Secret Avengers before that.

Even when I now have a Panther, it would be nice to have a new one. But not over a new REAL Col. Fury. SLJ already has enough, lol.

Luke would be best, though, since he is in desperate need of a redo. Ultron would be nice if he came with a bunch of accessories, like an energy blast and a normal fire hand thing. Maybe an eye beam alt helmet...

I avoided Age Of Ultron like the plague. I see a lot of speculation about "classic" character versions here. I thought AOU would be like a Fear Itself situation where the character looks are very specific to the story. But again, I didn't read it. So were certain characters shown in their "classic" looks in the story? If so, then I'm not opposed to an AOU set if it integrates with my 616 stuff.

I avoided Age Of Ultron like the plague. I see a lot of speculation about "classic" character versions here. I thought AOU would be like a Fear Itself situation where the character looks are very specific to the story. But again, I didn't read it. So were certain characters shown in their "classic" looks in the story? If so, then I'm not opposed to an AOU set if it integrates with my 616 stuff.

Some characters have recognizable/classic/modern looks, and a couple have alternate reality looks. Like Cyclops looking like his son.

Age of Ultron wasnt really...bad...it was just a major disappointment, but the mates would be interesting, i'd be more likely to buy them than the fear itself mates (which i read/loved and bought the mates of)

It's pretty crazy we've gotten two Samuel L. Jackson Furry's, an ultimates one and now Nick Jr. but only the one Furry. It's infurryating :)

Wait, what? SLJ is a Furry? I did not know that.

Now you're telling me that Nick and Nick Fury Jr. are as well? Damn, and I thought that Tigra, Squirrel Girl, Rocket Raccoon and Capwolf were the Furry characters that most needed figures. ;)

It's pretty crazy we've gotten two Samuel L. Jackson Furry's, an ultimates one and now Nick Jr. but only the one Furry. It's infurryating :)

Now you're telling me that Nick and Nick Fury Jr. are as well? Damn, and I thought that Tigra, Squirrel Girl, Rocket Raccoon and Capwolf were the Furry characters that most needed figures. ;)

Furry characters I want to see the most:

Modern Beast

X-Factor Wolfsbane

Vivisector

Tigra

Wendigo

Kylun

Squirrel Girl

Feral Wolverine circa 1996

Monster of Frankenstein (has furry vest)

Sebastian Shaw (has furry chops)

Heroes Return Scarlet Witch (Eastern European women can sometimes be furry)

Please commission Marvel's Furriest box set.

Furry characters I want to see the most:

Modern Beast

X-Factor Wolfsbane

Vivisector

Tigra

Wendigo

Kylun

Squirrel Girl

Feral Wolverine circa 1996

Monster of Frankenstein (has furry vest)

Sebastian Shaw (has furry chops)

Heroes Return Scarlet Witch (Eastern European women can sometimes be furry)

Please commission Marvel's Furriest box set.

Win.

AND I ACTUALLY LIKED AGE OF ULTRON #sueme

Kylun. Ha! There's a blast from the past. Gonna have to go dig up some of my old Excaliburs....

So - one character is new to minimates. Who featured in AOU, but doesn't yet have a minimate?

Ka-Zar

Dragon Man

Daisy Johnson

Morgan le Fay

Angela

Of that batch, Ka-Zar or Daisy Johnson seem the most likely. Daisy, because we have all the parts for a female SHIELD agent ready to go & Ka-zar because he's a guy and possibly more well known than the other characters. If it is Ka-Zar, i hope they go for the more classic loin-cloth look over the Pony tail, Leather & Boots look he sported in the comic.