UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget... but what's the difference with the Nova here compared to the series 51 version, other than the base?

And what's the difference with this new Venom, other than the purple haze color?

51 Nova is the current one. 17 Nova is the same but with an extra helmet and head to make his dad.

17 Venom is Ultimate based and is slightly purple. He also has a black suit Spider-Man underneath.

Lesser known, yes. But I wouldn't call anybody who's served on an X-Team "obscure." Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people call anyone who's not in a movie "obscure." When I think obscure, I think forgotten golden age characters, horror magazine stuff, Ant-Man villains, etc.

Yeah just to add my 2 cents to this, I also didn't mean any insult by describing those characters as obscure. If you look at my personal wishlist, there are several characters that I would totally describe as obscure on that.

Being honest I'm not really a big xmen fan so I've not read as many of their comics as I have most other parts of the MU (though still a fair few) so I think everyone's perspective on a given character's status or importance is clouded by the stuff they happen to have read really.

Anyway, off to look up ant man's rogue's gallery now lol.

Lesser known, yes. But I wouldn't call anybody who's served on an X-Team "obscure." Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine when people call anyone who's not in a movie "obscure." When I think obscure, I think forgotten golden age characters, horror magazine stuff, Ant-Man villains, etc.

Yeah just to add my 2 cents to this, I also didn't mean any insult by describing those characters as obscure. If you look at my personal wishlist, there are several characters that I would totally describe as obscure on that.

Being honest I'm not really a big xmen fan so I've not read as many of their comics as I have most other parts of the MU (though still a fair few) so I think everyone's perspective on a given character's status or importance is clouded by the stuff they happen to have read really.

Anyway, off to look up ant man's rogue's gallery now lol.

Are you insinuating that long time Ant-Man foe Egghead is obscure? Preposterous!tongue.png

And I agree with stregron01, I don't think of "obscure" as an insult to the character. Just referencing that their off the eaten path. My favorite DC character(Outside of the obvious Green Lantern) is Elongated Man, a character I wouldn't have the slightest hesitation to call obscure, in spite of his Justice League membership, and best friend status with the Flash. Most people outside of the more invested readers have no idea who he is, but that takes nothing away from the character.

See, I wouldn't even call Elongated Man obscure, he was on the Justice League cartoon. Father Darklyte, Night Flyer, Slitherogue, that's obscure!

And Stegron, check out some of those early Hank Pym Tales to Astonish stories. There's a reason why nobody remembers his foes lol.

Edited by bigvis497

See, I wouldn't even call Elongated Man obscure, he was on the Justice League cartoon. Father Darklyte, Night Flyer, Slitherogue, that's obscure!

And Stegron, check out some of those early Hank Pym Tales to Astonish stories. There's a reason why nobody remembers his foes lol.

They must be obscure - I didn't even know he was in Tales to Astonish! lol

Okay, seems I was wrong on Elongated Man's notoriety! Not that that's a bad thing!

In Hank's defense, Whirlwind and Ultron are also recurring foes of his, but the Avengers adopted Ultron, and Iron Man stole Whirlwind. So it's less that he has no good villains, it's more that the good ones were given to other characters

Okay, "the Magician"? Wasn't that a Futurama joke?

Speaking of Futurama.....

When are we getting a "Less Than Hero" episode box set with The New Justice Team?

Featuring Captain Yesterday, Clobberella, Super King, and The Zookeeper! With Snarf style Badger and Lucky the Crab, AKA Citizen Snips.

I would love a Whirlwind and somewhat want a porcupine. Even though they might be Ant-man villains, they were Captain America villains for me.

http://images.wwcomics.com/images/large/Cap_130_92.jpg

Sorry, Polarboy -- I once would have said that Electro was obscure not mainstream, and that Ultimate Electro was obscure, but Ultimate Electro seems to be the new default Electro, and Electro is the new big Spidey villain, as seen in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon and also the upcoming movie, where he was on the cover of Entertainment Weekly:

electro__span.png

first-official-look-at-jamie-foxx-as-ele

Although classic Electro is the one in the Broadway musical (left of Carnage). biggrin.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by DSTZach

Electro is definetely not obscure. He's a spider-man villain and that'll always put him above other such characters. Add to that the fact that he has appeared on most video games, TV shows, has been a reccuring villain since the sixties and is the main bad in tasm 2. Yeah, I wouldn't call him as obscure as Magma. The x-teams have been so many that rarely a roster is memorable enough to be called well known (I'm talking about the various mini teams such as X factor,news mutants and all that since while we know these guys, I'm not even sure that the general public knows who Madrox is).

Edited by Kostisfire

Electro is definetely not obscure. He's a spider-man villain and that'll always put him above other such characters. Add to that the fact that he has appeared on most video games, TV shows, has been a reccuring villain since the sixties and is the main bad in tasm 2. Yeah, I wouldn't call him as obscure as Magma. The x-teams have been so many that rarely a roster is memorable enough to be called well known (I'm talking about the various mini teams such as X factor,news mutants and all that since while we know these guys, I'm not even sure that the general public knows who Madrox is).

Not to mention he's one of the members of the Sinister Six people don't forget. Usually when I hear mostly uninitiated talking about the S6 they start off "Doc Ock, Electro, Sandman," and then go off into guesswork.