UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Panel/Minimates Exhibit at C2E2 2013

Zach, there's a comic book/ horror movie convention in Louisville, KY. Usually happens in the summer, any chance you wanna bring the display to the bluegrass state?

This year our special guest is Stan Lee. Last year we had Gary Friedrich.

Could be a good place to pick up new fans. **hinthint**

Not sure it's something we can just mail to someone and have them set up. And sending someone to set it up and man it... We could probably get new fans at any convention we don't already attend, it's a matter of getting the most for our money. We already attend 4-5 conventions per year.

Zach - has DST ever considered a "street" army? I know these types of marketing campaigns have been popular in the music business for years. It woud interesting to see if this could drum up business for you guys at some of the conventions you can't attend.

So, I got stuck in traffic and the nearest parking lot was packed, so, needless to say, I missed the slide show at the panel, but caught the tail end of it. I don't recall the questions asked specifically, but in a nut shell:

No Squirrel Girl - ask Chuck

Doop would be cool and could be an accessory like the thing with NOW! Hulk - ask Chuck

Battle Beasts is the only in house property DST is focusing on.

A blank Minimate bank would be cool - ask Chuck

No plans for Minimate Princesses - ask Disney

I don't recall what else.

After the panel and the Multiverse photo, I asked Zach about seeing the slides how and he gave me a personal screening! Highlights, without spoiling my "all access" privileges:

The Wolverine control art was shown - they look good

Mr. Smith and the robot control art were shown - I will try to get pics from the DST booth tomorrow. I can't believe I missed them yesterday.

Battle Beasts wave 2 has been control-arted: Giraffe, Tiger, Shark?, Gazelle, the human bad guy from the comics. Zach mentioned a Toucan and others, but no bear yet.

A New NOW! 4-pack, with much needed and well executed updates of 4 red (and black) characters a so excited for this set!

My favorite: control art of Ripley and Hicks and a Xenomorph, along with a sculpted sample of the Xenomorph. This will be a very well executed line

And SDCC cannot get here fast enough! That is all I can say in good faith.

And again, a HUGE thanks to Zach!