UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Panel/Minimates Exhibit at C2E2 2013

All -

The Minimates Exhibit that we had up at NYCC will be on display at C2E2 -- this time, on the show floor itself. I'm pretty excited about this, since the NYCC exhibit was in a room off an underground hallway. The only downside is that we can't lock it up if we have to leave.

The DST crew at C2E2 will be fairly small, so if there is anyone who would like to volunteer to cover for me or one of the other guys when we need a bathroom break, that would be fantastic.

We probably won't be giving away Minimates like we did in NY, but we should have more of the anniversary programs we gave out, for those who wanted them.

And the Minimates panel will be on Saturday at 12:15 in room W470a! Hope to see as big a MMMV contingent as last year.

Hey, I'm sure there is less likelihood of theft than in NYC (I say that from experience), but I still plan to look for LOCKING display cases, and I think it STILL needs a monitor.

But when the monitor is a Minimate collector, who monitors the monitor?

This was a really cool display, and I'm glad more of you are going to get a chance to see it, and pick up those cool 10th Anniversary booklets. Definitely need to lock those cases, though, since I don't know if all our members can resist the temptation of seeing a Spidey Max prototype in person. Zach, have you added any other cool things to the display? One thing I think would be neat is if you made a gallery of Minimate templates, particularly if you can include some that didn't get made, like Kellogs or the Spirit comic set or (be still my heart) the never made but designed "lost" DC wave.

I keep trying to talk myself into C2E2, but it just seems boring. Maybe I am spoiled by SDCC, but with the exception of the Minimates panel and one or two artists, I have no interest in anything else going on at the show. Is it better than it looks in the website listings?

Can i put out a huge request (see: desperate plea) to anyone going to C2E2.... if anyone can get their hands on an extra Exhibition Program for me, i will be eternally grateful.

I have seen exactly *1* on eBay.... and i missed out on it :(

I am willing to offer toy karma, undying love, & even riot attack spider-men!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone who's going, come by the exhibit and/or the booth and say hello.

If you are interested in monitoring the exhibit for any period of time at any point during the weekend, I can probably get you an extra badge to get in an extra day. Worst case scenario, I give you Minimates.

Anyone who's going, come by the exhibit and/or the booth and say hello.

Definitely in the plans, Zach. And looking forward to it.

If you are interested in monitoring the exhibit for any period of time at any point during the weekend, I can probably get you an extra badge to get in an extra day. Worst case scenario, I give you Minimates.

I can probably help out; how long of periods are you looking for?

Will there be any 10 years anniversary blanks?

No, I think those are all gone. If I find a box, I'll see if I can give them out, but unlikely.

>If you are interested in monitoring the exhibit for any period of time at any point during the weekend, I can probably get you an extra badge to get in an extra day. Worst case scenario, I give you Minimates.

I can probably help out; how long of periods are you looking for?

Half-hour-45 minutes so I can meet with press, do an interview, etc.

Even the occasional bathroom break would be great.

Edited by Zach Oat

Zach, at first read, I thought you meant we volunteers would be meeting with the press and doing interviews. :P