UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Really, those are peg warmers?

sky_dive

I noticed this the last time I went to TRU. There are so many awesome minimates that should not be still in the store. For instance, there is still a MODOK/AKUMA set at my local TRU. I don't know how hard they are to find, but I didn't think they would still be there. Is this happening to anyone else?

Wait, like seriously? Both of those sets are awesome, and exclusives hello, I'm pretty surprised honestly, both of those go for a decent amount on eBay you would think somebody would horde them, I have only seem them once.

A Toys R Us a few towns over has about four sets of Taskmaster and Nathan Spencer left over, no other MvC mates at all just that set, and it's been a few months.

There's also others, like Playstation mates, Pirate mates, and vehicles, Max vehicles and mates, Ghostbusters mates, MvC mates. I actually cleared them out of BSG and Ghostbusters mates. It surprises me that the would be there, like this store is hidden. The weirdest thing too, is that it is tax free because it's in NH. I would have thought a scalper would have found it all already.

Your area might not appreciate good minimates as much? Yeah, I echo that Taskmaster/Spencer was a pegwarmer for a while (I think it is gone now at my TRU...). The next MvC pegwarmer is the Doom/Wesker 2-pack. It's just not going away.

I bet if you say your TRU's location, the next time you go, your problem will be solved! But you risk not getting the good stuff for yourself in the future. biggrin.png

There's also others, like Playstation mates, Pirate mates, and vehicles, Max vehicles and mates, Ghostbusters mates, MvC mates. I actually cleared them out of BSG and Ghostbusters mates. It surprises me that the would be there, like this store is hidden. The weirdest thing too, is that it is tax free because it's in NH. I would have thought a scalper would have found it all already.

What Playstation mates? Any Uncharted sets left?

My one TRU only has Amazing Spiderman, Wave 12 and Halo, with a few Munster's Coaches and a couple pirate ships.

The second one has even less but had gotten in the AvX set.

There is a third in the near by area.....just recently found out where it was, I'm gonna have to go check it out. I haven't seen Battle Beasts anywhere as well as wave 14 and 15.

I don't recall, but I think and hope I am going there tomorrow. I do however, remember almost every other set. I will look for you, but before I commit to anything, I would need to know if you live in the US or not. With the postal service rates, I just don't know if I can pay them. I will if I can though.

My TRU is, like, packed with these stupid sets with the Angel from the X-Men, but he's wearing some weird costume with just a big X down the front. I mean, how stupid is that? Can you be any more literal? And the other guy with him is some weird guy that looks kinda like Thunderbird, but he's not. It's just lame. I figured I'd just buy them up and put them in the Toys for Tots box or something. They've probably been there for years. Who would want them, right?

I think it's the obvious result of TRU's preference for more obscure characters (which I'm thankful for) combined with mass market distribution. I suspect most TRU's have at least one "valuable" set that's just been sitting on the pegs, though I am a little surprised that ones with the exclusive sticker hang around.

I think it's the obvious result of TRU's preference for more obscure characters (which I'm thankful for) combined with mass market distribution. I suspect most TRU's have at least one "valuable" set that's just been sitting on the pegs, though I am a little surprised that ones with the exclusive sticker hang around.

It's not that TRU prefers obscure characters, it's that comic book stores DO NOT. TRU actually doesn't care all that much about who DST selects for a wave, which is why DST is able to get more obscure characters and finish off teams and box set lineups there. Just one more reason why you guys that constantly harp about TRU need to look at the bigger picture....

It's not that TRU prefers obscure characters, it's that comic book stores DO NOT. TRU actually doesn't care all that much about who DST selects for a wave, which is why DST is able to get more obscure characters and finish off teams and box set lineups there. Just one more reason why you guys that constantly harp about TRU need to look at the bigger picture....

I don't remember which thread it was mentioned in, but I could have sworn Zach said that the buyer for TRU did actually request some obscure characters, probably to help drive collectors into the store. So I think it's more than just a lack of enthusiasm from the local LCS for characters other than the big names. Which is just one more reason I'm pretty enthusiastic about TRU despite the issues that crop up.

Just one more reason why you guys that constantly harp about TRU need to look at the bigger picture....

I'm amongst those that 'harp' & I'm pretty sure that the majority of those that are harping aren't harping on about character choice . I can't speak for other members but I've mentioned many many times that TRU-wave character choices totally eclipse the LCS choices.

The 'bigger picture' of getting hold of the f*ckers makes one harpissed thumbsup.gif

Even Star Wars has pegwarmers. TRU needs inventory on pegs. You don't exactly want to walk into an empty-shelf TRU.

But one great indicator is that a lot of this stuff is sold out online. Magma & Moonstar, Rictor & Boom Boom is completely sold out online. So it shouldn't be like this stuff is piling up unsold in warehouses somewhere.

I'm glad they're going obscure on some of the minimates and I think they're managing it really well. Team building is great. Specialty waves are incredible for packing them with extras,

Seeing older stock isn't exactly the end of the world. I love the obscure, and DST has been great at either making them very visually distinctive or packing them to the gills with extras.

The new Heralds 2-pack is not exactly big name, but damn if they aren't incredibly awesome, visually interesting, well accessorized, and finishes out a "team" for those of us that know them.

Edited by monkeycrumb