UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What does everyone do with their packaging?

Hi. As a long time Minimate Collector, I have kept most of the packaging/boxes that the minimates originally came in. I have almost run out of room to display my minimates but the packaging that I have kept is starting to make my den look like a warehouse.

I am just wondering for those people that take their minimates out of their packaging, what do you do with the packaging? Do you keep them for future (re)packaging, flatten the boxes or just throw the boxes away? Just wondering if I should start recycling them. :)

I throw out the clamshells and flatten the box for possible diorama purposes. This way, it doesnt take up much space. Anyway, if you should ever sell your minimates collection down the line, I noticed that there isn't much price difference between packaged and loose mates. After all, mates are small and would be better to be taken out, played and displayed, unlike Marvel Legends, Marvel universe which have some added value if it was packaged and sealed.

I keep the plastic and the box the same way they are. And I put them in a special corner in my MM display. Sadly, even though I'm a noob at collecting I'm starting to run out of options of where to keep my boxes (I just can't stop buying).

I carefully remove the tape from the mint package with a scalpel & then remove the tray containing the Minimates. I then remove the tape from the trays subsequently removing any tape residue from the packaging with solvent whilst placing the Minimates into ziplocks immediately . When all the packaging is clean I carefully study the packaging for spelling mistakes & printing imperfections & then I carefully flatten the card packaging & then stack the clear plastic trays in a safe place .

Then I throw the Minimates away.

I carefully remove the tape from the mint package with a scalpel & then remove the tray containing the Minimates. I then remove the tape from the trays subsequently removing any tape residue from the packaging with solvent whilst placing the Minimates into ziplocks immediately . When all the packaging is clean I carefully study the packaging for spelling mistakes & printing imperfections & then I carefully flatten the card packaging & then stack the clear plastic trays in a safe place .

I read all the way to the bottom just thinking, yep sounds about right...then the last line just hit me from nowhere. Well bowled sir. :biggrin:

You skipped the part where it puts the lotion on it's skin... :biggrin:

I'm a MOC/loose BSG guy. I know they won't be "worth" much in the future (like most mass-produced collectibles). I just like collecting them, and since they stopped making new BSG mates, I figured I'd just start on a second set.

I cut blisters off cards, store the blisters, then keep the cards. The boxes I flatten and store

Edited by Marduk

I actually have been wondering the same thing myself, I never could bring myself throw away the boxes. I have always collected one of each style of box for the box itself because of the way minimate packs have changed (especially Marvel), because that's part of the history of minimates and I want a piece of that. Until now, I have kept all the other packs in boxes just laying around, but now I feel more okay with recycling them.

with the carded mates, I save 1 card from each wave and recycle the rest. the boxes however i save, i love the mate drawings on the packaging so i cant bring myself to chuck em. they are all boxed up but i will admit they are starting to take up too much space so i might have to rethink saving them. i might cut the pictures off and make some kind of album for them.

• 1 month later...

I snapped a quick and dirty one specifically for this thread...

boxes002.jpg

I admit that they do take up more room than I'd like, but I do use them as part of my shelf display. So I guess it ain't that bad, at the moment...