UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Banners Id, parts swapping showcase

BannersID

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re-posting these customs at the request of another 'verse member, thanks for the kind words on ka-zar, T your right it is from Ellen Tigh forgot I picked up that set

Edited by BannersID

not veins but I did add vines. The first one was made with a standard body, venom hands and gollums loincloth. Version 2 was made with a standard body with powerhouse chest piece, altered lady deathstrike hands, gsx wolverine boots and again with gollums loincloth

• 1 month later...

A small batch of my trek efforts

Civilian Vulcan and klingon crew member

vina with new hairpiece and a fem officer

and a two alien female officers

hmm also wanted to share this one I really like another QC but a Green Lantern this time

Recipe:

John Stewart chest block and shoulders,

Lower arms any black, hands John stewart,

glove cuffs Mohawk storm,

head kree soilder,

hair mohawk storm,

pelvis and legs mohawk storm

hope you guys like it hes one of my favorite customs I've put together

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm always reworking and tweaking my QC's this one has always been a favorite of mine the first version used Magneto's body which looked good but the color motif is reversed to the classic look Dormammu wears a purple jumper with red shorts glove and boots with a yellow sash/belt not the red outfit with purple gloves/boots Magneto wears.

• 9 months later...

something different. Marvel just pumps figs out so fast I really don't bother with customs any more , well I've done a lot of Star Trek customs. Most aren't worth posting but these were.

It wasn't the greatest skit classic SNL ever did but I give you "the last voyage of the starship Enterprise" Spevy is a simple head swap with a modified Spock hair piece, Dr. McAkroyd is just a quick head swap and Capt. Kirklushi is another head swap on a modified doc ock body. the NBC network exec and property master aren't really spot on but they were also just cobbled together for fun out of the parts box. Obviously this was for giggles but its made me laugh so much sitting on my desk I thought the multiverse might enjoy them as well..

Finally landed a spare Nick Fury body and came up some updates for myself. I am really excited about the 616 S.H.E.I.L.D. army builders for Nick and Co. to command. Dum Dum is clearly just a head swap we've all talked about, Special agent Sharon Carter is a head swap onto the movie Black Widow body and Nick is sporting eddie brocks leather jacket. One arm was swapped off of the black widow body onto nick to put a Sheild insignia on his jacket. Thanks for looking

Edited by BannersID

• 4 weeks later...

Another simple QC. Mandarins legs, battle ravaged wolverines torso and head, movie wolvie arms, bill murrays hair piece sharpied black and Ms Marvels sash. Classic Shaw. Also my parts swapped Thor and a quick Don Blake from the stuff floating in my parts bucket inspired by the many I've seen here.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thrilled to finally have Dormammu in my clutches but have to confess there are a couple of lack luster points I wanted to change. I don't know if its from seeing my qc in the collection so long or that I just hate that flame hair piece but it needed to be swapped with a Ghost Rider hair piece it also cured my second issue with the fig (I hate tampo faces on clear heads) they always seem to get washed away the lighter hair piece let the tampo shine through and gives a better overall look. Also a couple of gauntlets to spice him up a bit, he was kind of plain. Shown here with Baron Mordo and a non comic accurate Umar. Sorry for the poor pic quality my phone camera is kind of useless.

Edited by BannersID

I fell in love with Mystery Mans Odin QC, which is real close to an accurate color motif but I wanted to hide the source parts a little more and threw a Dreadnaught into the mix. I used the "naughts" arms and the upper portion of the leg and the lower half of 42s BRB leg. I think if I ever come across one I would try Arthur's gold chest block to take it one more step closer to comic style. Just a great QC and I hope I'm giving credit where its due. Final version.

P1070660.jpg

Edited by BannersID

The parts from Arthur are perfect -- awesome work! And the group shot is great! We need the Warriors Three :(

Thanks so much! I agree a comic style warriors three is needed badly. I also looked at using the chest block from the 1st app avengers IM but in the end the tampo just kept on looking like IM chest block. Another option was using champions BW wrist blasters for full gold gauntlets but in the end I liked the movie odin bracelets it helped tie his helmet together with the whole thing.

I love QC type customs and upgrades, as such I haven't done much in the way of showing much in the way of anything other than parts knowledge and some minor creativity. For a long time I've wanted to share some of the models and other bits of my collections I really enjoy but no real camera to use. I will have a camera on loan for some ebay stuff I have going but wanted to take some practice pics first and thought it would be a good chance to share with my fellow 'verser's. If any one has any pic requests let me know and I'll try and accommodate them.

First up are some of my favorite model kits I've built.

B9 Robot LIS by Polar Lights:

P1070651.jpg

Thor by Toy Biz:

P1070655.jpg

Hulk by Toy Biz:

P1070652.jpg

Captain America vs. Red Skull:

P1070653.jpgP1070654.jpg

Hope you folks enjoy these they were a blast to build up and paint. More collection pics to follow

Thanks for the compliments Bob, glad you enjoy them. I would have never come up with the body for Odin if Mr Mystery hadn't of posted the great qc he did. The cloak, boots and head combo is what got me going in the first place.

I love it, a very simple mod but it make her look so much more in keeping with the newer mates.

If you want to go further, maybe add a repainted skirt piece from the new Elektra?

Glad you like it Liney! I would love to make that addition but it doesn't keep in line with a factory paint job. I am capable of painting a mate so it looks good but its just not the same as a factory paint app. I have a silly large anal retentive streak/OCD thing going on, makes it tough for me to break a pattern. There have been rare instances where I will paint a whole piece (i.e. Mole Mans cape) but for the most if I do use a little paint its for something in the way of a finishing touch like Dormammu's mouth or Odin's red belt. That said if that piece is released in white at some point I would for sure come up with a sticker or decal for the skull belt.