UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Test Your Custom Making Aptitude

The link below tests your ability to see different colors. It takes a few minutes to do but is interesting.

http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?pageid=77〈=en

A score of 0 is perfect color acuity. And the score ranges up to 1550 which i assume means you see the world in one single color. I scored a 14 with minor issues with purple, green, and yellow.

I got 20, low in green, blue and pink.

1 in 12 men are colorblind but only 1 in 255 women because color blindness is X recessive. You have 2 alleles. XX for women and XY for men. You get an X from your mom and an X or Y from your dad. X1 is dominant, while X2 is recessive. Color blindness shows up on the second X allele. So it looks like this. XX, Xx, or xx. In the first example, the female is not a carrier, and has two dominant alleles. In the second example, she is a carrier, but it isn't active, because it is over ridden by X. Lastly the woman would be color blind.

Men, however, have no second allele to protect them, so our options are Xy and xy. Firstly would be normal. Secondly however, there is no dominant trait, so if the color blindness gene is on the x, there is nothing to stop the trait from taking over.

I remember taking this before and getting a perfect score. Which is a good thing being in Graphic Design for over 20 years. :) Color theory, color correcting, photoshop, illustrator, color balance, design, prepress, photography, have been a part of my entire adult life. I consider it a blessing to still be able to differentiate between like colors after so long.

Cool. I scored a 4. My problem area is in the blue-green zone. Is it aqua? Is it seafoam? I don't know.

Edit: Just for fun I took this test a second time and scored 4 again, but instead of having four consecutive little bars in the blue-green zone, there are four consecutive little bars in the purple-pink area.

Edited by Turtle

• 5 months later...