UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2012 Meetup Thread

Lobsterman

Its just gotten to be such a hassle to find an affordable room.

Yeah it's a pain I've thought about going back but now I don't live withing walking distance any longer it's way too expensive & free tickets are not as easy to come by as they used to be!

As for rooms Shane surely you don't miss: 4 guys, one appt and way too many beer farts...

T.

Anyone going to SDCC this year, if you can get a LEGO Shazam minifigure for me without killing me on the price, it would be greatly appreciated. :biggrin:

im wanting one for myself, but if i can get an extra, its yours :)

do you know how to get them? is it a raffle? or just a first come first serve giveaway?

If they are like the last two SDCC exclusive minifigs you'll have to wait in a line and try to win the raffle. NYCC is supposedly easier to win them.

All these last minute reveals are killing me, Oni Press just unveiled the Scott Pilgrim colored edition Ultimate collectors pack for $100, the Agent 88 minimate looks to be an invite only exclusive, and all the Vorins will be hard to get.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there are several LEGO exclusive minifigures this year. Shazam & Bizarro from DC and Phoenix & Venom from Marvel from the Super Heroes theme. Good Lord, I hope these end up being "preview" figures and end up in regular sets in 2013.

Apparently there are several LEGO exclusive minifigures this year. Shazam & Bizarro from DC and Phoenix & Venom from Marvel from the Super Heroes theme. Good Lord, I hope these end up being "preview" figures and end up in regular sets in 2013.

how do i get my hands on these???

Still can't seem to find the particulars on these. Some are saying it's a raffle at the LEGO booth. Some are saying they will just be handed out at the booth. I have no idea.

Also, I read that there would be a "scavenger hunt" to build your own Bilbo from LOTR. You get the first piece at the LEGO booth, then get a map of the show floor telling you where to go to find the other pieces. I'm pretty sure that's the same thing they did with a Batman & Joker twopack a few years ago.

Have fun, and good luck!

So, I just talked to my a friend of mine (and member here) in San Diego and he's getting set for the con and it kinda of made me miss the days I lived within walking distance of the Con (2004/2008) and when I used to just hang out with peeps I knew, drink beer and watch the spectacle that is SDCC.

I hope those who do go this year (Lobsterman, Storm:108, Ivan?) will post some pix of their adventures and let us share vicariously through their postings?

T.