Alpha Flight Box Set

luckycreature

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they would have had the box set planned out long before Marvel editorial announced that.

Northstar has been a pretty consistent presence in X-men books for the past decade, though, so I would think he'd be included for the sake of casual buyer recognition.

Yeah it should be two 2-packs...

1. Sasquatch - Shaman - Aurora - Puck

2. Guardian - Marrina - Northstar - Snowbird

Boom. Original team done. I'd also like to eventually see Original Box and Talisman, or Shaman's 2.0 costume.

Don't forget Aurora's 2nd costume, Box (Roger Bochs Blue or Red), Snowbird as Sasquatch and Heather Hudson civilian. :thumbsup:

No, no,no.

Stay focused, don't get greedy right of the bat. We need to keep our irresponsible speculation as realistic as possible.

I for one, will not be satisfied without a White Sasquatch variant. Just because it's SUCH an easy variant to make... I mean you take the same sculpt... and make it white! DO EET!

But I already went into this in another post.

I for one, will not be satisfied without a White Sasquatch variant. Just because it's SUCH an easy variant to make... I mean you take the same sculpt... and make it white! DO EET!

But I already went into this in another post.

Wendingo = the evil Sasquatch

Wendigo is an entirely different character, unrelated to what I'm saying. (Though, incidentally, I want him too).

White Sasquatch is White Sasquatch.

I personally want White Sasquatch to round out my Exiles roster a little better, but there's a 616 one as well, that I believe was Snowbird, who looks more or less identical (at least in Sasquatch form).

Though I'd prefer the Exiles version were tampo'ed under the Sasquatch pieces (she wears a white coat and bodysuit often, so it wouldn't even require different limbs).

Wendigos' are taller, shaggier, have a slightly longer neck (i.e. they look like they have one), a tail, and are in general a little lighter build than Tarnaq/Sasquatch is generally drawn.

Not that those differences are big enough to make it into a minimate, except for the tail.

One of these days the license will include over 3" ... I dream of a 6-10 inch BAF option for figures like Sentinels, Onslaught, Krakoa, etc..

I've said it before, though not for quite some time... I don't WANT 3-Inch. Part of the appeal for this line, to me, is the wealth of interchangeable parts. I don't like the monkey-wrench that different sizes throw into the works.

It annoyed me that I couldn't take Gandalf's Head and use it to make a movie Magneto, because Gandalf was too big. It annoys me that figures like Bane and Croc really can't use any of the parts/accessories from anything else I own, because nothing fits them. Not only can you not use their parts on anything, but nothing elses parts can be used on them.

I wouldn't say no to figures with DRASTICALLY different sizes... in small doses. like Galactus and Sentinels. I own the Maximates and think they're cool. And it would be awesome if they made minimates so huge.

But for figures with only SLIGHTLY bigger frames... like Hulk, or Croc... I prefer solutions like Bulked up, and the waist spacers, and powerhouse chests. I don't see where we need a whole additional scale of base figures to add a little bit of height.

Given DST's "AvX" box has only "X" in it, I'm thinking more that AFX will have the "A" box set. It's possible that the TRU Vindicator/Box 2-pack is supplemental to Wave 48 two-packs, which are as-yet undisclosed and may contain some AF members.

One of these days the license will include over 3" ... I dream of a 6-10 inch BAF option for figures like Sentinels, Onslaught, Krakoa, etc..

I've said it before, though not for quite some time... I don't WANT 3-Inch. Part of the appeal for this line, to me, is the wealth of interchangeable parts. I don't like the monkey-wrench that different sizes throw into the works.

It annoyed me that I couldn't take Gandalf's Head and use it to make a movie Magneto, because Gandalf was too big. It annoys me that figures like Bane and Croc really can't use any of the parts/accessories from anything else I own, because nothing fits them. Not only can you not use their parts on anything, but nothing elses parts can be used on them.

I wouldn't say no to figures with DRASTICALLY different sizes... in small doses. like Galactus and Sentinels. I own the Maximates and think they're cool. And it would be awesome if they made minimates so huge.

But for figures with only SLIGHTLY bigger frames... like Hulk, or Croc... I prefer solutions like Bulked up, and the waist spacers, and powerhouse chests. I don't see where we need a whole additional scale of base figures to add a little bit of height.

Beautifully said, sir. I couldn't agree more. :thumbsup: