UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

C2E2 2012 - Pictures and info

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1334389191[/url]' post='220660']
1334350859[/url]' post='220611']

Oh, and I was a bit taken back by how many people were asking Zach for multiple promo Beasts (or just directly reaching for the promos), and prefacing it with "I'm not a reseller"... :confused:

I must not have heard what you were hearing, youbastards -- only one or two people asked me for multiples, and I never once heard anybody say anything about reselling. A couple of people reached for the bag thinking it was self-serve, but I chalk that up to confusion, not greed. The only people who GOT more than one were those who were picking up for specific MMMVers or for an MMMV giveaway.

Well, that's a good news/bad news for me. Good news that they're not being scooped up by the fistfuls. Bad news that a friend attending was going to pick up a couple for myself and a friend. Not sure how successful he will be. Hopefully he'll score a couple...

After the panel, I met up with TM2Dinobot, Groundhog7s, and Boyd along with Mrs. Boyd, it was nice to finally meet some members face to face! :thumbsup:

There were a lot of questions at the panel that sounded like they came from members of the MMMV. It was cool to see some kids at the panel that asked some questiongs too.

So yeah, it looks like a new character will debut on Marvel.com soon, a certain time-travelling character that is somewhat in demand if the silhouette we saw is accurate, and (Zach please correct me if I am wrong) it sounds like that new character may be part of a new Disney store exclusive that will be announced soon.

The Battle Beasts were given out very quickly this morning, they didn't last long. It seems like there is a lot of interest in BB, but a lot of people assume they are the same BB as from the 80's. The design sheets we saw were very impressive, but as Zach mentioned, there is a LOT of sculpting on these, so fans of the classic design may be disappointed. These are by far the biggest departure I've seen from the classic Minimate design, but it works and they still retain the charm of the simple Minimate. The SDCC 2-pack will be a version of the Ram and the Dragonfly character. It sounds like the SDCC version of the Ram is a variant with the cape down.

For those that haven't gotten an alligator promo BB yet, Zach said that the BB line will be tied more directly to the comic that IDW is publishing, so if an alligator appears in the comic, it may appear in the main line. In my opinion, the look of the current alligator isn't going to fit too well with the design/style of the upcoming line, these new Beasts have a much more distinct design/style.

Battle Beasts will have both an LCS and TRU series.

IMAG0198.jpg

are they wearing a mask that comes off with a face underneath?

I think so, but didn't ask, when I see Zach next I'll ask him.

The REDACTED soldier comes with a pretty big rifle, nothing that I have seen in any of the trailers or leaked pix so far.

I really liked the look of the REDACTED, I'm happy with them! I didn't even notice the duck feet until they were pointed out.

Bulkier than expected. Looks like there's more grey than gold too. Not sure how i feel about them yet.

Totally figured we were getting the General as the other figure, though; if the rumored other baddie is true i imagine we'll get him with A2....

The Alien General is the one with more gold and the purple in the pic and is the same race as the other aliens

Chitauri

, the other is the basic foot soldier,

the other entity

Thanos

is not the general of the army, more like supreme commander/leader

chitauriMM-1.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

Bulkier than expected. Looks like there's more grey than gold too. Not sure how i feel about them yet.

Totally figured we were getting the General as the other figure, though; if the rumored other baddie is true i imagine we'll get him with A2....

The Alien General is the one with more gold and the purple in the pic and is the same race as the other aliens

Chitauri

, the other is the basic foot soldier,

the other entity

Thanos

is not the general of the army, more like supreme commander/leader

chitauriMM-1.jpg

I know. That's what i meant. People were thinking the General would not be "just a General." The "other guy" will be held back for the next movie, i meant.

Before i start my Nerdgasm, i have a few questions both for YB and for Zach:

1. When will we get to see the stuff shown at the panel? namely the Marvel and Battle Beast stuff

2. How many SDCC exclusives in total (of all minimate themes) will there be?

3. Is the Medium sized Venom in the TTA pack Eddie Brock as well as the large Venom?

4. Do the Redacted have weaponry?

5. Who is in the Battle Beast SDCC pack?

6. Who is in Walking Dead wave 2?

7. Timeliness means AvX for Marvel Minimates?

8. Are the Upcoming Disney Exclusives all Marvel?

9. Any hints on which Animated Series?

10. If Target and/or Walmart agrees to sell Minimates, will we be seeing exclusives for those stores as well as TRU?

now.....KANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...that is all

1. When will we get to see the stuff shown at the panel? namely the Marvel and Battle Beast stuff

3. Is the Medium sized Venom in the TTA pack Eddie Brock as well as the large Venom?

10. If Target and/or Walmart agrees to sell Minimates, will we be seeing exclusives for those stores as well as TRU?

now.....KANGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...that is all

3. That was pretty much a given. One's Venom, one's Transformation Venom.

4. See above, comes with a rifle.

5. Goat (possibly with cape down) and Dragonfly/bug thing.

7. Not timelines, timlier. As in, more up-to-date with events, unlike Fear Itself sets.

8. They pretty much have to be, since Disney does own them...so i don't know what else were you expecting? :mellow:

As for the next "GIVE US THIS MINIMATE OR WE RIOT" figure, since it's rumored Falcon and Winter Soldier are coming, i'd imagine there's a few logical choices:

Squirrel Girl. Viper. Von Strucker. Zemo. (Okay, i'm partial to HYDRA...)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

1) No idea, other than Zach said that Marvel.com will reveal a new character this week. I'm guessing SDCC for the rest of the stuff unless they reveal online before then.

2) I think Zach said that there will be a Marvel boxset and a BB 2pack available from them, with at least one more boxset from another retailer.

3) All the Venoms on display at C2E2 were the same ones shown at Toyfair.

4) Yes, but it wasn't at the show.

5) Ram & Dragonfly

6) I think they have already shown series 1 & 2 of WD. Check my pix for all that were on display

7) DST is trying to find a way to have timlier releases to big events, without spoiling anything.

8) No idea, must assume so until announced

9) No, just that they have expressed interest in an American animated series.

10) I want to clarify that Zach said they regularly pitch product to both Target and Walmart, but neither have expressed interest currently.

Also, I just want to say that I could be COMPLETELY off about Kang (although I'm 99% sure that was the silhouette we saw) being a Disney exclusive, but going by the timing that Zach mentioned, it sounds like the character that will be revealed soon will be in a Disney exclusive that is being released "soon".

Zach never mentioned Falcon directly, he just alluded to the fact that some of the big 4 (Kang, Falcon, Baron Zemo, Winter Soldier) MAY be available before Wave 50 occurs, please don't read any more into it than that. :thumbsup: