UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Most wanted Walking Dead Zombies

Prowlar

With the Walking Dead survivors getting most of the attention in the comics and the zombies only showing up in a single panel, unless they are one of the lucky ones to get a bite to eat or re-killed, I thought they could use a little attention. So, since there are plenty of most wanted lists for just about all the other lines I thought I'd start one for the Zombies.

My most wanted:

1. Fat woman outside The Gun Site gun shop in Atlanta 3 panels. Re-killed by Rick

2. Fat man in Ford shirt on the back cover of the Vol. 1 Trade.

3. Woman holding a teddy bear as Glenn and Rick return to Atlanta 2 panels

4. Blind man in open back hospital gown as Glenn and Rick escape in the rain 1 panel

5. Granny during camp attack. Killed by Glenn as she attacks Carol and Sophia 2 panels

Edited by Prowlar

Why is the teddy bear holding the woman?

Fixed that.

I blame sleep deprivation. I may do all of my writing in the middle of the night but all of my editing during the day. This one instance being the exception due to the fact that I made the mistake of flipping through Vol. 1 again and I've now re-read the series through Vol. 4. I really should know better than starting something like that since I really tend to loose track of time.

These look like fun - alas, Walking Dead hasn't made it to Australian shores yet (legally) and i'm genuinely a bit more interested in the louder/brighter/more colourful Max Zombies. Does anyone know if they are still on the cards?

These look like fun - alas, Walking Dead hasn't made it to Australian shores yet (legally) and i'm genuinely a bit more interested in the louder/brighter/more colourful Max Zombies. Does anyone know if they are still on the cards?

No more Max Zombies, at least for now.

These are based on the comic, Nessex, which I'm pretty sure is sold in Australia. So you don't have to like the TV show to like the comic. (In fact, there are plenty who don't.)

But battlecat's right -- Maximum Zombies is gonna take a back burner while we get these zombies cooking. Waiting on a pic of the TRU wave, with more zombie goodness.

These are based on the comic, Nessex, which I'm pretty sure is sold in Australia. So you don't have to like the TV show to like the comic. (In fact, there are plenty who don't.)

But battlecat's right -- Maximum Zombies is gonna take a back burner while we get these zombies cooking. Waiting on a pic of the TRU wave, with more zombie goodness.

Ah - my bad - thought they were based on a TV show. Didn't know there were comics. I'll have to check them out :thumbsup:

Edited by Nessex

Zach, I mean no offence by this, because the fault lies with the source material, not the translation to minimate form. But I can, and have, made better and more iconic zombies with a little black paint and some red splatter effects.

TWD Zombies are a mcguffin in the story, nothing more. As such, the only thing iconic about them is their inability to be memorable. MZ was a fresh new approach with characters that popped and oozed (get it?) personality. I bought the NYCC pack and made 4 bikers alone. Four, and that's not even looking at the surgeon.

So when I lament the loss of Maximum Zombies and bemoan the insipidness that is TWD, this of this not as an insult, but as a testament for DST hitting a home run on the first swing, and my sadness when that play was declared a foul.

• 3 weeks later...

Hard to pinpoint particular zombies from the comics that I'd like to see turned into minimates, they're all pretty generic. What I would like to see is zombie versions of WD characters, even if they never really appeared that way. I'm thinking, like, a 6-pack based on the cover of the Compendium: zombie versions of Rick, Carl, Lori, Glenn, Michonne, and Tyreese.

Zach, I mean no offence by this, because the fault lies with the source material, not the translation to minimate form. But I can, and have, made better and more iconic zombies with a little black paint and some red splatter effects.

"It's not the toys, I've just made better toys with two ingredients." None taken, dude. :biggrin:

They'll still have some of the sculpted parts. And we're trying to make the zombies look different. Hopefully you'll want to get them all. Will release the TRU Series 1 pic soon.

Can't wait to see the TRU pics.

And Zach, would you say that some of the hope with these is that this line will build some interest in Maximum Zombies also so that they can maybe come along after the WD line ends or is getting close to ending/

I think there's hope we'll revisit those designs someday, yes. But right now we just want the WD line to do well. Wave 2 is shaping up nicely, and should come hot on the heels of Wave 1.

• 1 year later...

I would like to see any Zombie that takes down a main character. I really like the Pole Zombie for this reason.

Zach is there any way you can incorporate the image of the zombie from the concept art by putting it on the back of the packaging with issue and page number? Not that your not educating me for the zombie apocalypse with your survival tips :) but it would be cool to have the reference point to look up and see where these zombies are from.