UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Toys'R'Us Wave?

BellaSwan

Well, I just went to TRU and asked where these were. The liar "aka manager" told me he had no idea. I was prompt in my physical assault of his throat. 56 karate chops directly to his larynx was a modest action for what the man truly deserved for obviously lying about his lack of knowledge of this obviously released set. So, with the help being of no true help, I mosied on over to the minimate aisle. Apparently I was too late as this set was sold out, of course my wrath refused to remain harnessed. I unleashed my fury with a flat kick of my foot directly to the shelf which set off a chain reaction of domino-esque consequences. No less than three children were squished flat in the wake of mine own fury. The last shelf fell into the Toys R Us incinerator "which all TRU's have directly in the center of the shop". The store burnt to the ground as well as the adjacent sub-division.

This is why we don't lie about minimates....

With that being said, touche sir...touche.

i dont think there was anyone who assumed this was real...it was a fun jest and a tradition, no?

Confession... and explaination... I am on vacation visiting my brother. We had been up late talking long after then rest of the house was asleep. So in next morning, checking on the world, seeing that "new thread notice" in my email, yeah with only half a cup of awake having been consumed they got me. For about three minutes until after a few more slips of ambition I remembered the date.

Nice try but because it was Kang I could smell it was a fake from the start.

Now if it was a far more awesome and likely character like say, oh I dunno, Rocket Raccoon, I'd have been fooled ;)

Weirder things have happened.

Speaking of... no MMDB joke this year? ;)

Yes, I was disappointed to not see something from Ivan this year either.

Or did we?

No sorry, nothing this year. Three year streak broken. I've been backed up lately with a handful of side projects in and out of the Minimate world. That's also the reason why the site hasn't been updated in the last two months. (Although an update is due in the next day or two. :))

I think the funniest thing about the whole "Kang situation" is that when DST finally does decide to reveal him, I'm expecting fanfare and trumpets, with ticker-tape dropping from the sky while "PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT KANG" mysteriously appears in sky-writing appears above Timonium, MD.

If this is not how he is ultimately announced, the whole campaign has been an utter failure.

(No BHM, not an udder failure, that's something else entirely :biggrin: )

Yeah, c'mon, Bella, who are you really? And what's your address? We all signed a special card we want to send you. :lol:

Indeed! Bella, Miry hath a Gift For Thee!!