UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel MiniMates Wave 47

elhonez

I'd welcome Kang, since he's a villain and a new character, but not being an Avenger fan, I don't know nor care who he is, to be honest.

The sound you're hearing now is the sound of Miry's teeth grinding together as he desperately tries to fight the urge to explain Kang to TEN, despite the fact he's done so already a few times, and the fact TEN clearly stated he doesn't care. If Miry manages to fight his own OCD tendancies and not add an explaination to this thread before the day is over then this will be an event he should probably share with his therapist. If he doesn't have an anurism first.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For crossed legs, what if they made a new crotch piece like this:

9krJC.jpg

You could use normal Minimate legs and feet but I don't know if it would work.

genius! When we get Dhalsim (if SFxT is going beyond 1 wave and we get a Dhalsim that is) I’ll need to get a second so I can mod his hips in this fashion

Cool, let me know if it works and I'll do the same.

Calm the frak down.

I said I wanted Kang, but that he wasn't as big a priority for me as other characters that I'm more a fan of (616 Blob, Pyro, Toad, Avalanche, 90's X-Factor, Alpha Flight, the rest of 90's X-Force, the rest of Kyle/Yost X-Force).

I don't say anything when all the Kang lovers start berating DST for giving fans like me characters they want like Boomer & Rictor instead of what they want. "Brood!? Eff you, Chuck & Zach! We want Moloids!!"

I'll take Kang, Falcon, Baron von Strucker, Black Knight, the rest of the Inhumans, more Asgardians (I'm still salty that we'll never finish the movie Warriors Three or Heimdall), Moloids, etc.

But I'm also not so selfish to say "don't release things that other people want because I have no interest in them." I will NOT be happy if something I'm looking forward to gets cancelled because someone who likes Kang more than Rictor whined too much.

Yeah, it sucks that we don't have a Kang, but we have 3100 red & blue Spider-Mans. But if I were Chuck, the angrier people get at what is planned & released because he's not part of it, I'd make sure Kang was never made. You get more flies with honey than vinegar. I was childish before and screamed "Gamora!? Where's Gambit!?" Not only did my tantrum accomplish nothing, but guess what? We got Gambit. "Eff your stupid trash, give us Kang" is not only not going to get him made, it's getting extremely annoying for those of us who are happy with everything that gets released, since the action figure game is not an easy one to play (Hasbro keeps giving Transformers to other parts of the world & cancelling them before the US gets distribution). I'd rather wait through 5 more years of Minimates for a Kang, than to get him now & have the entire line end forever.

Is Gateway more important a figure to have than Kang? Of course not. But I grew up with Gateway (I read Generation X while I was becoming a teenager). All the Avengers & F4 comics I've read, I have never once seen Kang in anything. Ever. God forbid I care more about a character I've read plenty of in my formative years and not really give a flying sh** about one I still have had no contact with, even as an adult. I know enough about him to know that he belongs in my collection more than Nitro or Justin Hammer. Give us Kang. But I would also like a Gateway Minimate. [sarcasm]Sorry.[/sarcasm]

This constant, repetitive reaction is just going to make people like me (and I know I'm not alone) wish that the Kang fans don't get him. You really want that? You wanna play that game? Get my interest-toys cancelled, I'll get yours unreleased? Mature. You don't like it, don't buy it. But you will NOT keep me from buying it because you want something else.

... I want Kang. I know he is one of the Avengers's 'biggest' foes, and he is a good ol' fashioned green and purple villain, just like they all used to make. Proper Supervillain. I've only read a couple of things with him in, however, and they've all been pretty dull.

... I'd prefer classic Brotherhood. I've read all (a lot of) the 60s and 70s X-'Men comics, I grew up with the 90s cartoon (though the comics of the same period pretty much turned me off comics for a decade or so).

whenever something is released I'm not interested in, I will have a little whinge (can't have DST getting complacent, can we?) I am, however, always very happy for those who are very happy with the announcement.

Edited by dj87

TEN, my friend, what we have hear is failure to communicate.

See, I was more making fun of my own compulsive need to educate folks about characters I like, even some I don't. Cause it's my opinion that a little more knowledge about a character can only add to ones enjoyment of an toy based on that character. So when you said "I neither know nor care who he is." My literal first reaction is to start typing a bio for whomever that is. Then the rational part of my brain reminds my fingers that "he said he doesn't care", and in Kang's case "you did this already... twice... if TEN still doesn't know he truly does not care." Then the compulsion scream "but if he already thinks Kang's a good idea, think how much more enthusiastic he would be if he really knew how cool Kang was". And so back and forth, so on and so forth, the little war in my head goes on. Purely in my head.

It was not meant as a knock on you, a known X-fan and lover of Cosmic Marvel, not being more enthusiastic about Kang. And I am sorry if that's how you took it. Considering how poorly it was received, I apologize for the entire attempt at a joke. Comedy is hard.

Comedy is hard.

TheOffice-ThatsWhatSheSaid-Michael.jpg

And, I apologize if you or anyone else felt that it was aimed soley at you, Miry. Because, it wasn't. At least half this board has (or at least presents) the mentality of "If it's not Kang, we don't want it. Eff you, Diamond Select." And I'm just a little sick of it. And, dj, I agree, but like I said, "honey instead of vinegar." Companies are much more interested in hearing what/how they could do better, instead of being bludgeoned over the head with "everything they're doing wrong." Constructive criticism is always more received than just plain criticism.

The majority (or at least the vocal majority) of nerddom makes me extremely ashamed to be in this hobby (not just toys, but the material from which they come) sometimes. The sense of entitlement and inability to ever truly be pleased by anything just never ceases to amaze me. I, myself, was, at one time, quite entitled. But I like to think that I've grown up a little. Yet others who are older than I, have dealt with these issues longer than I, don't seem to have any interest in being seen as anything more than the man-children they are. All my tattoos are nerd-related. I've got toys & mini-posters all over my cubicle at work. I am far from embarrassed by liking these things, but sometimes it's hard to show my passion for them when there's so many embarrassing "co-fans" making me look bad, simply by association.

I realize many of you do not wish to begrudge other people from getting what they want, simply because you don't like it, but not everyone here (or, again, not everyone honestly portrays that) is that way. I am extremely excited by the Walking Dead Minimates, and was only lukewarm for the Maximum Zombies. But I would never have wished one would replace the other. Like SOME people are wishing that TWD weren't being made so they could get the MZ instead. (I got tired of reading the WALKING DEAD MINIMATE THREAD because of the constant "No Max Zombies!? Man, f*** Walking Dead Minimates!")

The Toy Fair thread...some people were excited about what was revealed, while others were threatening stopping altogether because they didn't see anything they liked. If you don't like something, don't get it. Just shutup about it. Not only are negative comments more visible than positive ones, but some of the things said are extremely insulting to the people making the product for which this website that you voluntarily signed up for was made. I collect quite a few lines of toys, and to my knowledge, this is the only place where people instrumental in creating them for us actually personally visit.

You may have been trying to make a joke, Miry (I've failed many a time myself; it happens in a text-only environment), but there are plenty of people who at the very least act the way I was complaining about (I see the irony in complaining about complaining), if not truly are that way. Especially regarding Kang. <_<

I, too, am very embarrassed when I read almost any comments section on most websites I tend to regularly visit.

Strictly in terms of this site, it is interesting you feel that way, TEN, so often I feel the vast majority of comments on here are positive. Sometimes it even feels like people are scared of saying what they really feel, to avoid being badly chastised. Sometimes it is genuinely difficult to offer constructive criticism. I know there are a lovely plethora of problems that people like to get vocal about, but for arguments sake, if we consider character re-treads and what not. Sure, they're necessary, but what else can people say when confronted with seemingly the same thing over and over. "Oh, that is a nice Cap, despite being inferior to 4-5 others we've got fairly recently. Perhaps it would be a bit better if it didn't have the shield, was predominantly purple, with green... and had a blue face. And was a conqueror". I assure you, that isn't a dig, or me trying to be funny, I genuinely do think MMMV folks are generally very positive about what DST produce.

I hope at least someone agrees with me... anyone?

as for the zombies... I really think those two lines would work even better in tandem.

Well I can't speak for the entire Kang Kadre, but the louder, more ridiculously impatient I sound for Kang, my tounge is planted firmly in cheek when it comes to tone. Make no mistake, I want Kang to be made and badly. But a lot of the complaining, from me at least, is blowing off some steam in good fun. I'm sure moc and Mystery will correct me if I'm wrong, but it has always seemed to me a campaign with a serious goal but light-hearted, over-the-top approach. I would hate to think some of my fellow Kadre members were that angry about it, since that's a no fun way to live life. Unfortunately, some of the "fun" has been in imitation of the kind of angry, overly entitled sounding internet fans I've seen on other boards, (>cough<Transfans>cough<) and of the kind you are describing. (at least I've refrained from the phrase "ruined the line forever") I'll also confess to being genuinly frustrated with Chuck for a while there, who honestly just didn't seem to get it. For the most part, I really want Kang and am just trying to have to some fun with it. (it's that or let it drive me nuts, and having gone nuts once even that gets boring after a while)

Now will I be disappointed if the "Summer of the Avengers" comes and goes with no Kang? Well yeah. Kinda half expect it though. And I'll probably rant a bit if/when it happpens and then keep on plugging. There will always be another chance when the sequel is released. Such is the way things.

Between this bit and the other bit about me wishing (in a kind and friendly way) that you read more comics so you wouldn't miss neat stories and you kind of throwing that back at me, Tenime, I'm wondering if maybe you need to take a break from the net (or at least here) for a little bit. Feels like you're lookin' for an arguement.

Personally, I can speak for myself in saying that yes, I do want Kang. Very badly. The most badly of any previously unreleased Marvel Minimate villain and over most of the heroes. I've wanted Kang since Marvel series 5 when it was revealed that other characters besides those who had up-to-that-point been in movies were going to be made.

But I'm happy enough with other stuff that DST DOES release that I can appreciate things that aren't Kang. I've been incredibly impressed with the past several series (regular and TRU) as well as the stuff that's been shown this year at Toy Fair.

Just because Kang hasn't been made yet doesn't mean that I think everything DST does is shit. Far from it. I'm thankful for all the great stuff I've gotten. And because I have read and will continue to read new comics on a monthly basis, along with reprinted collections, I enjoy the rich diversity of the past-and-present Marvel Universe.

For example, the Curse of the Mutants set has a neat little syringe to go with Blade. I read those stories. I get 'em. I enjoyed 'em. I'd personally rather have gotten a classic Blade (or at least a classic Dracula) instead of the ones we got. My personal preference.

I'm hoping against hope that Kang comes out this summer, for myself and many others. If he doesn't, yeah, I'll be disappointed since this seems to be the PRIME time for it to happen. But I'll get over it and still be buying minimates, getting on here and talking about how much I like non-Kang minimates that are coming out.

For what it's worth I feel that any criticisms any member has about Minimates deserve to be heard on a minimate forum ,same goes for the praise & the reverence that the majority of releases get. This last year has brought me a plethora :ohmy: of Marvel ....& for that matter Halo,Sony & CapCom characters...... I've never even heard of let alone yearned for . I bought the lot....I bought a hell of a lot....I bought a shitload.

Does this give me a right to really want the characters I've wanted for ages......yes it f*cking well does. Not very mature of me but then I'm just human.

Kang? Didn't he get beat up by Power Pack once or something?

No. Seriously. The hell man? I go away for a few days and fights break out? This crap is serious.

Anyway, I am no huge Kang fan and really am not yearning for him, but I acknowledge he is a big time doer of evil deeds and he ists in a chair and is exceptional and we need him, but so what? Everybody needs some damn thing. I can't say this for sure (and maybe Zach can clarify with his amazing inside information), but I assume there is no one working at DST that thinks no one wants Kang. I'm sure everyone there knows of the outrage and turmoil his absence represents, so is it really necessary to make everything about Kang? I for one think that this year's Toy Fair reveals are all amazing things. I have Ultimate Captain America and don't really care for Miles Morales, but even those I want really badly right now. I want everything that was shown (new Wolverine claws look like the absolute best ever) especially giant smashy Rhino. That one makes me happier than anything, but I know some people think that's a waste of a slot because hey, it's not Kang. Everyone has a right to what they want and what they don't like. I am never going to tell someone they can't like something or want it just because I don't, but I am going to say that complaining about anything that isn't the one thing you want, just because it's not that one thing, well that's just silly. I have now honestly forgotten where I was going with this. I know no one really knows me that well and maybe my opinion doesn't matter as much as long-timers and the like, but hey, i have a right to that opinion too. All I really have to say is that despite all the fights and rage and everything else that comes from this place, this is hands down the absolute best forum I have ever been a part of, so I hate to see this kind of infighting between us, when we all love the same little toys so damn much. I think it might do us all some good to remember that every now and then.

Also, I have no bad jokes or unfunny weirdness to say here. Guess that's it.

Thank the Gods Geo is back with his carming words and 'no bad jokes or unfunny weirdness', to sort out all the fighting.

*smashed glass on the back of Geo's head*

now... whats better, a plethora or a shitload? are we still not supposed to swear?