UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bulked Up Colossus?

Kamsm8

First, good to hear you're starting customizing. Again.

Second, Colossus is a pretty good idea to customize. As far as I see it, you have three different bulked up figures today, the Hulks (mega raging, red or whatever), the Thing and Juggernaut. Using the Thing parts, you might need to sand the texture down, so I'd pass on that one. Hulk gives you a bare chest piece and arms/hands, while the Juggernaut does wear big boots and has human fists. Regarding Colossus, I would start with Juggernaut, maybe swapping the chest piece from one of the Hulks. For the hands, I guess it's what you prefer, both Juggernaut and Hulk hands might work on him.

Does he need overall bulking up?

I don't picture him as Hulk sized, so the boxset Colossus was pretty good for me, not that I own one :(

Maybe just a powerhouse piece and Frankenstien styles boots to give him some height?

I also think the original was/is great, though I am admittedly a "less is more" type Minimate fan in general. If you don't have one yet, fear not:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-6-X-Marvel-Minimates-Cyclops-Wolverine-Colossus-Thing-Juggernaut-D23-/400260808002?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d31673d42

I too, never understand the need for a hugely bulked Colossus mate, and really don't think they'll ever improve on the GSXM one. Still very minimatesque, while the boots give him some needed height... and I'm all for the new bulking craze.

That said, I realise this response is no help to you kamsm... I will say, if you are really wanting a big beefy version, I'd pretty much go with what Bob suggests. Perhaps sand the knuckle parts off the Juggernaut hands, then he still has the wrist brace parts.

Boot.

GSXM Colossus needs better boots to be absolutely perfect.

That said, if I were to try a bulked up Colossus, I'd go with the Outback design for sheer simplicity. Bare chest, shorts, bracers, and boots. You should be able to get pieces for that from Hulk and Juggenaut.

I have the GSXM figure, and I mean, when I got him, I loved him. He was perfect... For how Minimates were done back then. But with all of the updated design and tempos, and the sheer amount of detail on modern Minimates, Colossus is the one X-Men (short of Bishop, I guess) that I have that needs an update. He just stands out like a sore thumb. And I mean, he's smaller than Beast, and that's a no-no. However, I do like the look of the figure that WookieFodder posted, so I might lean towards that. That way, Colossus isn't so small. But he's also not Hulk or Juggernaut sized...

Astonishing Colossus, Destroyer from Thor Movie for Body/Arms. Blue Boots and Legs from AOA SInister, Yellow Xmen Belt

I copied this idea (sorta), but from your video rather then this thread, it’s simple, elegant, and retains the charm of the original.

I won a GSXM Colossus on eBay (there’s a link to the seller in this thread) and replaced his chest piece with Destoryer’s then replaced his feet in the boots with duck feet and added Stargirl’s bracers and an X-belt.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a bulked up Colossus in the future seeing as he has juggernauts powers now and is drawn juggy style in the comics

Really? That sounds terrible... :(

looks it too

I think they've already done away with the helmet... that bad