UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Helllloooo 'verse!

Hello, Multiverse!

I've been watching this site for a while and I figured it was finally time I just joined and became a part of the 'verse. A brief history of myself... I got in to minimates at the very beginning. I was in high school then and I got both the Ultimate X-Men 5 pack and Spider-man 5 pack back when those were a thing. I was hooked. Unfortunately, I tried not to buy duplicates, so I still actually don't have Carnage or Ultimate Jean (who were left out of the 5 packs). I bought the Daredevil and Hulk packs, the first Captain America, Ironman, and Fantastic 4, but then I fell out of mates for a few years and got in to Mighty Muggs. When I got back in to mates, I tried to only buy X-Men figures to save money. That's how I missed out on Mysterio, Hawkeye, Shocker, Kraven, Red Skull and so on. Now I realize what a fool I was and have been collecting more broadly since then. Lately, I've felt the urge to do something creative with my love for minimates, so I started the minimate photostudio. I plan to update a few times a week and see what it evolves in to. Right now it's mostly pin up type images, but I'm planning some more interesting ones for the near future, so please check back often.

Other quick facts

I mostly collect minimates, but I have a solid Mugg collection and two Marvel Legends figures (Beast and Astonishing Wolverine) and two Marvel Universe figures (Thor and Cap).

I've now been married for two years to the love of my life. Together we own an Etsy shop.

I'm an artist by trade. I have both an art blog and a deviantART if you're interested.

Thanks for reading!

- nate

Heh, I had the same problem initially, but a different team. I was trying to only get Avengers related characters, but that didn't last long. Trying very hard to stick to just Marvel 616 characters these days.

Anyway, welcome to the 'verse.

Thanks everybody! I've put a lot of work into finding and honing my art style. Photography is a little newer to me ...especially at the mini scale.

It's kind of funny to think that any of us tried to limit our collecting to just X-Men, Avengers or any one team... though for now I am sticking to just Marvel. But even that would change if they ever got the license for Hellboy or Power Rangers or Ninja Turtles.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome to your club!

Hello, welcome and thanks for the modified Animaniacs reference. Unless that was purely coincidental, in which case, did you know your topic title is a take on a reference from and old cartoon show called Animaniacs? It was a great show. You'd probably like it. It's really funny.

Yeah, so I may be crazy. You have some pretty cool pics and stuff on your DA. Mine is mostly, well, it's a mess. Anyways welcome to the place. It's pretty awesome. I'm sure you'll like it.