UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC News

And it looks as if the Invisible Man and Metaluna Mutant are getting the Select treatment. Makes me wonder if the minimate versions are soon to follow. I know we've seen the smoking jacket version of the IM minimate, but the Select version is in his outdoor gear. Hmmm... possible second mate for his 4-pack?

Interesting - they showed a Phantom of the Opera Select figure at San Diego as well as the Invisible Man & Mutant. Wonder what happened...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thor and Doom look really good. May become the new defaults. Hope we get an annoucement about UMvC3 mates too.

On Hawkeye's new costume... I hate it when Marvel changes folks to match their movie personas. Masks and tights don't always translate into reality and so costumes have to change for live action. Everyone who's seen the poor saps working down at the Maver theme park knows I'm right. But when they reverse the idea, and put the comics guys in "realistic" new costumes, thus taking the old costume out of the one place they still work, it really bothers me.

That said, there actually is no reason for Hawkeye to wear a mask. He's already made his identity publicly known, he's been interviewed by the media sans mask. Clint has no family or friends left who aren't in "the business" so there's no one to protect by hiding his face. Heck, at this point most of his best friend's dual ID's are known. Clint's kept the mask out of tradition and sentimentality more than anything else I suspect. But there's no good in story reason he should still be wearing it if he doesn't want to.

Now if Peter starts wearing that new movie suit on the other hand... :wallbash:

Guys! Just got back from NYCC. Sorry, haven't gotten a chance to post yet. Y'know, getting caught up with the family and all.

First off, I gotta say, I talked with Zack Oat for quite awhile yesterday while I was building my Minimate, and he's a really good guy. Glad to have him on board. Zack, you're doing a great job representing DST (and Minimates)!

Okay, so, to answer some questions:

1. Spidey sense piece will be translucent. Good, because it looks rather weird. Someone mentioned that they thought it made him look like the Statue of Liberty, and that's what I thought when I saw him.

2. Boom Boom and Rictor... so, so fugly. :yucky: That's not DST's fault, though.

3. Zombies look pretty great. I'm not into zombies at all, but they are doing some really creative things with these. Mail Man! Ice Cream Truck guy! Good job, DST.

4. Daredevil is the 8th figure in the TRU wave shown. Spidey/Punisher and Daredevil/Kingpin. I also am not sold on Kingpin; I think he'll look better without the extra leg parts.

5. The new modern Thor with the spinning hammer looks spiffy. He'll be packed with that white dog.

6. Zombies and Firespideys looked to be selling fairly well. They also had a ton of Alice Returns packs, which I thought had sold out at SDCC. I did not buy either, but I did pick up the Deadpool set, but I haven't opened it yet.

7. Not a whole lot to report from the panel, though Alpha Flight was more or less confirmed again. One of the Minimate designers is Canadian, and he's been trying to get Chuck to make them for years. No wonder we can't get him to make Kang!

8. Modok will blow. Your. Mind.

That's all I can think to share... if anyone has any other questions, ask 'em and I'll see if I have an answer.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 minimates?

Kang?

Which Daredevil? Red? Yellow? Blue?

Dear DST... Marvel Universe is making a black knightm a kang, and already have a falcon.

I didnt want to say anything, but the other day at school they totally said they could kick your ass and that spidey is a douche...

just sayin

moc847

and did anyone see the night hawk marvel universe figure? i am going to have to buy two on to display and one to sleep with take that however you want both ways are correct :)

moc847

I must've told Zack to make Kang at least 6 times in the time I chatted with him. But no, no Kang news. :(

Same Daredevil from the Jean DeWolf wave in the TRU wave. I know Zack said there wouldn't be any crossover, but I got the sense when they talked about it on the panel that it had been decided very recently. BTW, the partial stockings on Jean's legs don't look nearly as bad in person.

They also showed designs for wave 3 of MAX, with a special ops guy and an arctic trooper, complete with snowboard. They will ship with a rerelease of the two other sets from wave 1; because they sold out so fast the first time, they want to try and get them back in people's hands.

Any idea who that Mr. Fantastic base is in the photo we got of the new She-Hulk figure?

http://photos.actionfigs.com/diamond-select-toys/p67099-diamond-select-toys.html

It's Super Skrull! You're so silly. :tongue:

Now someone tell me what the paper on the left and the third from the left says in that pic. No something... No car battery? :no:

Edit: 1000th post and I didn't realize it. On my birthday too! Yay!

Edited by storm 1:08

thanks to everyone posting the better pics and panel news.

Some good stuff from DST.......and then the Hasbro marvel panel happened and they announced tons of stuff for MU which I desperately want in minimate form (Masters of Evil, Inhumans, Black Knight, Amazing Bagman, Blastaar, Thor Frog).

Sigh... I love MU cause they release all these great characters but I hate it because it reminds me we don't have them as minimates.

In the few pics where he's visible, the British officer that comes with the ship looks good. The MvC 'mates keep looking better and better. I still don't have a whole lot of interest in the C side of that, but the Marvel 'mates look great. I'll probably end up being less choosy than I was planning.

Dear DST... Marvel Universe is making a black knightm a kang, and already have a falcon.

I didnt want to say anything, but the other day at school they totally said they could kick your ass and that spidey is a douche...

just sayin

moc847

Even that bizarre Squinkies line has Falcon lined up.

thanks to everyone posting the better pics and panel news.

Some good stuff from DST.......and then the Hasbro marvel panel happened and they announced tons of stuff for MU which I desperately want in minimate form (Masters of Evil, Inhumans, Black Knight, Amazing Bagman, Blastaar, Thor Frog).

Sigh... I love MU cause they release all these great characters but I hate it because it reminds me we don't have them as minimates.

Aw man, I hadn't seen the Hasbro Marvel panel news... well, that's good news for those of us that are buying those. Hasbro is doing an incredible job with these guys. All the ones I saw looked terrific, but the Beast is on a whole 'nother level. I don't even particularly like that look, but there's no way I can pass him up.

Don't mean to rub it in, but Kang looks great too.... :whistling: