UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Whatever happened to...

Jatta Pake

I know there have been several of these threads over the years but I couldn't find one to necro back from the dead so here goes (mods can move/merge if needed):

I've hung out here off and on for over five years, and gotten to know a good group of folks over the years. Many members like me drift in and out but its always great to see so many familiar names. And its wonderful making new friends. I did notice today that one name hasn't been around: Reideen1313. He was a moderator at one point, even started the Ebay thread, but his profile says he hasn't logged in since Dec 2009. Anyone know what's up?

TBT! still pops up with a post here and there, but Reideen and Rad both seem to be done with the forum. And though Danny posted recently, he has indicated that he's pretty much done with Minimates.

Not that I'll ever be asked but I'd decline to be a Moderator......more than one has disappeared overnight :blink:

Of course, this forum is quite different from any other, and doesn't seem like it would require all that much mod work relative to some other boards (with hundreds of different members posting daily, frequently trolling each other and acting like bums), but I became a mod on another, larger forum earlier in the year and the extra work and backlash you get from disgruntled members has made me second guess that decision a bit.

Edited by karamazov80

I know I wasn't able to get an answer from Reideen last year when I took over the Secret Santa project and have also wondered since where's he's been. Not that I think it's the case, but this stuff always makes me wonder what happens when members die. There's a happy thought for a Friday.

And maybe it's time for new moderators around here. Not that I think it needs it, but we could do it reality show style and vote cadidates out in some sort of amusing way.

I had that exact discussion with my wife a few months back as I was packing up all my toys in preparation for a move! Got to make sure they all go to someone who will take will appreciate them as much as I do.

Sidenote- Can't wait to get into a new house and open up all the boxes with my packed away toys, it will be like the most massive Christmas ever!

Well as someone who I'm sure was considered dead at one point, sometimes life overtakes a body. I know for me there was a feeling of embarrassment for disappearing without a word that made coming back intimidating. But that's just me.

I "see" Rad now and then on Twitter. He seems well, and bares no one here ill will, but has his reasons for having left. And that's probably better left at that.

@moc- I think BHM and I are proof this isn't a young man's game

@wb- believe it of not my wife and I have had that discussion. In addition to my minimates, there's a huge collection of G1 and BW Transformers, complete sets of BM, RID, ToyBiz ML, a goodly amount of TF Classics, vintage and PoF Star Wars, and 4 76gl storage bins of 5" TB Mavel stuff. The plan is if something should happen soonish, my younger Brother is in charge of it, with an eye of holding on to some of it for my sons should they want it. (Oldest son has already asked for my G1 collection when I'm "done" with it.) Seems morbid, I know, but stuff happens and better to make wishes known now.

I told my wife to melt all my toys down and entomb me in them, like a big plastic sarcophagus. I'm still not sure if she thinks I'm serious.

You should mandate that the sarcophagus be designed by Ivan as a life size replica of the Minimates Mummy sarcophagus.

My will states that the fat on my body must be reduced to an oil that is then manufactured into the base plastic for an army builder set of Kang Minimates. Two months after release the army of Kangs will animate with my spirit, and we Kangs will launch my post mortem bid to conquer the world. DST Chuck will lead the worldwide opposition motivated by his deep seated hatred of Kang Minimates. Meanwhile, DC Direct will launch yet another failed block styled figure.

I still wonder whatever happened to Ulan Aruk and Brent Craig...

MisterPL usually pops in once in a while, so I am usually not too worried about him.

And seriously, I had a thought about putting a post it note on the back of my drivers license or something saying if something happened to me, contact Shanester at MMMV and let him know so you guys would find out. :unsure:

MisterPL usually pops in once in a while, so I am usually not too worried about him.

And seriously, I had a thought about putting a post it note on the back of my drivers license or something saying if something happened to me, contact Shanester at MMMV and let him know so you guys would find out. :unsure:

Believe me. If you disappear, I'LL notice.*

*This is a joke about him helping me find exclusives. Nothing homosexual here. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ulan Aruk gave up Minimates some time ago. But he has posted on the RTM under various other handles: Asylum Collectibles; Cranston, RI; and Greg the Bunny. Lately he seems to have settled on simply "Greg" but I'm not sure if he's the only Greg there. I don't know what the latest is, but for a while he was working on his photography and posting it at RTM. It was Suicide Girls style cheesecake stuff but with more Rubenesque ladies.

I wish I could take a trip down Brent Craig memory lane. :)

I needed someone else because you said you were leaving!

Whatever happened to... that?

They said that the puppy would die if I stayed then the others said that they'd look after the puppy if I stayed.

I shot the whining little mutt & the pony as well .

Minimates the curse....the curse.

Edited by buttheadsmate