UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

These ppl should be strung up!

MiniFiend UK

This is on the BBC website today and all I can say is that after reading it I was that appalled it at actually made me physically ill.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-15026952

I feel so sorry for the baby all it would ever want is love and affection and it gets that!. If babys can understand fear at that age every day must have been hell when it knew what was coming.

F**kin B%^&£rds shouldn't be locked up they should be put down!

Back in 2000, my 10-month-old nephew was beaten to death by his father. There was a history of abuse whenever my step-sister would let him go to his dad's house, but she and my dad and stepmom didn't wise up enough until it was too late. It was a horrible, tragic part of my life and being in the middle of something like that changes your perspective quite a bit (especially when he was just months older than my twins). The dad had a history of violenc e since his teens and was even dishonorably discharged from the military because of it. At the trial, he plea-bargained for 16 years in prison with no chance of parole. The prosecutor was complete inept and the defense attorney was very well paid. While in prison, he got studied and got a Master's Degree and because of that and his status as a model citizen he was released for good behavior after 8 years. He hit his 10 month old son 5 times in the head (with a force equivalent to falling froma third story window) and somehow broke both of the child's hands and he was out after 8 years and got his education paid for while he was there. And now that he's out, he teaches martial arts to children. When I see irresponsible parents doing horrendous things like this that result in serious harm or death of a child, I think about how the death of my nephew was handled just sends out a message that harming a child doesn't get you nearly the punishment you deserve in most cases and frequently, like with the Casey Anthony trial, you might even get to walk away from it. At least it's good to know that some day everyone will have to answer to Someone who knows all the facts.

Edited by groundhog7s

Back in 2000, my 10-month-old nephew was beaten to death by his father. There was a history of abuse whenever my step-sister would let him go to his dad's house, but she and my dad and stepmom didn't wise up enough until it was too late. It was a horrible, tragic part of my life and being in the middle of something like that changes your perspective quite a bit (especially when he was just months older than my twins). The dad had a history of violenc e since his teens and was even dishonorably discharged from the military because of it. At the trial, he plea-bargained for 16 years in prison with no chance of parole. The prosecutor was complete inept and the defense attorney was very well paid. While in prison, he got studied and got a Master's Degree and because of that and his status as a model citizen he was released for good behavior after 8 years. He hit his 10 month old son 5 times in the head (with a force equivalent to falling froma third story window) and somehow broke both of the child's hands and he was out after 8 years and got his education paid for while he was there. And now that he's out, he teaches martial arts to children. When I see irresponsible parents doing horrendous things like this that result in serious harm or death of a child, I think about how the death of my nephew was handled just sends out a message that harming a child doesn't get you nearly the punishment you deserve in most cases and frequently, like with the Casey Anthony trial, you might even get to walk away from it. At least it's good to know that some day everyone will have to answer to Someone who knows all the facts.

That is truly tragic and I can't even begin to express how sorry I am for that. I'm a defense attorney, and I've gone through some crises of conscience. Hearing about your nephew (and the people in the article)... life in prison is the least people like that should get, and if that's all they get, they should be thankful. There are crimes, and there are CRIMES. We need to do more to protect our children, and I have walked away from cases (and the big fees) because I just wouldn't be able to live with it. Our system needs serious reform to prevent something like that from happening, especially in the arena of domestic, at-home violence.

i didnt even see GHs post(looks like we posted at the same time) before, reading it now makes me so angry that our system of "justice"? is so warped that not only does slime like that get off without being put to death but he gets out early and now is allowed contact with children, he deserves nothing more than a bullet in the head. :verymad:

i really do believe in rehabilitation. I'm generally not an eye for an eye person. . . but you have to wonder sometimes if some people can be rehabilitated.

Force feeding someone to death is a horrific notion, made up for sickening movies about serial killers. The idea that someone could do it to a child just bewilders me. I don't have any words for how upsetting that story was.

People who prey on the weak or defenseless, especially on children, fill me with a serious and grave contempt. Nothing makes me angrier in this world. Nothing.

@ Groundhog: I can't imagine how scary and upsetting that must have been for you and for your family. I'm so very sorry.

Edited by Nessex

Well, TM2, hope not to make your head spin, but when I read stories like this, or Groundhogs, all I can think of is

"Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord, I will repay."

Call it what you will, but whether or not these people face justice here, they will face it eventually.

Sure, I believe in power of repentance and redemption too, but even that brings it's own punishment. If you feel enough condemnation to ask for divine forgiveness, then you have enough of a conscious that an act like that will haunt you for the rest of your days. So one way or another, these people will get theirs.

YMMV, but this helps me stay sane...ish.;)

I think it's different when most everyone can agree that what happened was horrible and a bad reflection of what can happen in society.

And let me say that I normally don't talk about what happened in my family. It's something I've dealt with and don't mention much because I'm not looking for sympathy. It is what it is though. I guess for me, though, seeing what happened to that child means something to me because I understand that that child probably had grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, etc. that now have to deal with this loss. The child is way better off now than it was with deplorable parents, but everyone else has to go on with life. It's just sad on so many levels.

I thought we weren't supposed to discuss this kind of stuff?

Within reason its fine, the rules are as flexible as the staff feel like been with them (I feel that comment may bite me at some point), this is a sad story and some members have shared personal experiences related with the story, theres nothing wrong with that.

The rule is mainly there to fall back on around religion or the election season when people can get overly zelous and start some pretty severe arguments, sensible interlectual discussion is fine, while this is a toy board we are also a community and as such certain discussion will transpire.

We're largely self moderating nowadays anyways as most of us know each other and the wider audience well enough not to push stuff.

TLDR: This is fine, if it gets overly political/religious its not.

Heartbreaking and disturbing.

I will try and soothe my heart by taking solace that the baby is now in Heaven, surrounded by loved ones.

As for the parents who did this... I don't know if it was ignorance or out-right meanness/laziness. I don't know whether to be furious at them or just take pity on their ignorant "good" idea. Why don't I? Well for one, I couldn't get past the first paragraph of the article without getting very depressed.